d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Zeb's Multi-hybrid Paladin Guide > Updated Final Version
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,164.00
Oct 11 2011 03:18pm
Yeah, I rarely have issue with cbf. I need it maybe 5% of the time and that's why I have gear swaps for it ~ie nigma/chamber coa and there's always good old Rfrost in my cube. None of my gear swaps take away from the rest of the build, so I'm not sure why all the concern for cbf.

Btw this is NOT a tpk built character, pallies aren't even used in tpk on my realm. This is strictly 1 vs 1 GM or pub dueler.
Oct 17 2011 06:43pm
moar input!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 70%
Oct 17 2011 07:01pm
smells like a dirty ranger.
Oct 17 2011 07:23pm
Quote (funkynoc1 @ Oct 17 2011 06:01pm)
smells like a dirty ranger.

Might be, but I can't seem to find the ranger guide. My first thought was this was a modified ranger, not sure though.
Gold: 83.62
Oct 17 2011 11:50pm
Quote (mozpoll @ Oct 11 2011 12:10pm)
Brilliant guide dude! Only lightly read, will study once I get home.
Question: Pacey?
If so:  <--Pixe

whats pixe

oh also interesting pally build though using that many skills sounds rough

This post was edited by artemisdz on Oct 17 2011 11:52pm
Oct 18 2011 01:10am
Quote (artemisdz @ Oct 17 2011 10:50pm)
whats pixe

oh also interesting pally build though using that many skills sounds rough

it's no different than a hybrid sin, really.
Oct 19 2011 07:06am
UP
Nov 24 2011 05:30am
Any more input is welcome. Preferably ideas to make the idea of this build more effective, and NOT ideas that will change what this build is supposed to do, resulting in a different build entirely.

This post was edited by uptoolayte on Nov 24 2011 05:30am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 24 2011 05:54am
Quote (uptoolayte @ Oct 18 2011 03:10am)
it's no different than a hybrid sin, really.

Only "rough" part is getting used to so many hotkeys.

My Mage used 13 hotkeys, but once I got used to it, it was almost second nature executing the swaps.

@OP, just ignore the raging 11 year old. Every guide has at least 1 kid like that. As before mentioned, the only crucial flaw is the CBF, but I'm sure you could find some way to gear swap to reduced / CBF gear if need be.

The main thing, is that you have fun with the build, and you do well with the build. That's what playing D2 comes down to.

Nice guide bud. ^_^

E; Gotta question, how much FRW do you have?
Idk if you pub mostly and run into a lot of BM situations where you either needed Tele or enough FRW to get out of Bone Walls and such.. But I would almost feel naked on a Paladin without Enigma. Only exception I've found is for GM Zealers.

This post was edited by Snazzy on Nov 24 2011 05:56am
Gold: 58.00
Nov 24 2011 06:00am
Quote (Koen @ Oct 11 2011 07:13pm)
forti, rare gloves, only 2 pcs, non-flexible rings, -req coa

also just noticed your skills choice, you dont even have foh on it what makes a pala so strong

hes right no tele = joke..

also the part vs a bva he can block your charge + bow

hammer dmg is on weakside etc

1 point foh + smite is a good combination if u tele since u can combine foh with swirles for stun

Assassins:

Trapper (Easy) - You can use Tgods, but the 5% light res increase from Fort is usually enough. These are easy duels. You have range advantage and if they get close, just charge them.I've gone entire duels without seeing the sin on my screen because my bow takes them out.

LOLOL wot are u facing toy trappers no mid range trapper is gonna stand and let u bow them down....

Hammerdins: (Easy to Moderate) Most of the time these are easy. Since you have homing arrows, their only advantage is desynching, especially if they can pull off a good desynch Tele+hammer. The key to this duel is just to stay mobile and don't make yourself an easy target. Bow them when you KNOW they aren't desynching close to you. Lay hammers around, and be ready to shift smite upwards for their tele-stomp. As long as you can avoid their desynch attacks, the duel is a piece of cake. Most of the time I just putz around and wait for them to tele stomp me then just smite them to death. Good Desynching hdins will be harder, but as long as you stay mobile and keep the pressure on with the bow, they'll either lose patience and tele-stomp you (=dead), or just run to town. Fast AA hdins with mercs will mostly likely kill you because they are able to telestomp instantly from anywhere on the map, preventing you from using your bow.

lolol again

no decent hammer rellies purely on sync. Chainlock + predictive tele> this wot realm is this again btw since ive seen attempts like these builds but never have lost on a hdin vs something like this.... bow slot is too much weaknesses its like barb using bow against hdin its a completely redundant technique and opens up chances to get stomped on bow slot...

again poor strats and prolly based on pub experience which this build imo will only fair well in...

Bone Necros (Moderate to Hard): If the nec agrees to not using bone prison, then you can use the normal setup with fort. Necs are probably our worst enemies because of their ability to do big fast damage while being very nimble. The main thing is getting to them first. I charge around a bit, keeping close to the walls if possible to avoid spirit trains. If they are offensive, I usually bow them until they get on my screen, then switch to hammers or charge if I can get a fast NL on them. You can duel them like a hdin or a smiter/charge. Charge definitely works if you can pull off a nice NL and switch to smite. Most good necs will be very fast and won't keep a NL charge on the for long. The best way to beat them imo is be unpreditcable and use every skill as much as possible. The bow can be used at a distance to keep them from spamming spirits from either side of the moor and pressure them to show up on your screen so you can lock onto them. If they are BM, grab your enigma or throw on your hdin setup and desynch hammer/tele-stomp them. There's really no set way that is more effective than another, again it depends on the skill level of the nec.

no tele vs nec again facing off vs crap players and even worst no mentioning of oak 1 of the most important aspecs of nec vs pala since it acts like a temp meat shield dirrecting and tanking bs meant for you and increasing hp/ reducing overall dmg u take... again no half brained nec will let you charge lock them down they will simply tele off screen to break namelock or run u round in circles spamming tele till ur dead...

again even vs bow charging them aimlessly is a waste of time since a good bowa knows how to walk vs charge in which case tele smite is a better option and use/ predict run pattern so u can tele slightly a head of their position ....

Sorry but overall looks like a poor build with duelling experience based on pub/ sub pub lvl players imo

This post was edited by halo273 on Nov 24 2011 06:11am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll