d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Uber Wolf Druid Guide
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 4 2011 01:06pm
Quote (saharC @ Aug 4 2011 12:51pm)
i like it very much :D
nice1

Quote (School2509 @ Aug 4 2011 02:10pm)
nice guide man 10/10

thanks guys

Quote (bioshocker @ Aug 4 2011 02:13pm)
i  dont think u need carrion for andy.Instead just buy antidodes-givin u max res. 85 res is plenty imo

trust me, youre gonna need carrion, the second you use antitote poison is back

Quote (Matticulous @ Aug 4 2011 02:15pm)
zod'd eth ribracker> ohm

this is also a good idea, i couldnt find one for a week or two (still cant) so if you do find it, could be expensive, but a noneth one works fine
Gold: 1.50
Aug 4 2011 01:08pm
... And what is the reason to make an "original" uber runner when there is already a "best" uber runner?

Stop wasting time being bored and move on.
Aug 4 2011 01:13pm
Quote (olba @ Aug 4 2011 04:08pm)
... And what is the reason to make an "original" uber runner when there is already a "best" uber runner?

Stop wasting time being bored and move on.

smiter is not always the "best"
in some cases it can be
he hits faster, but does less damage overall and can only hit one target at once, he has more defense, but less life
and theres always the fact that some people just are tired of having paladins
this build has its advantages, and can be alot more helpful while walking to izual and lilith, smite knocks back, fury doesnt
Aug 4 2011 01:16pm
Quote (pensfanlf @ 4 Aug 2011 22:13)
smiter is not always the "best"
in some cases it can be
he hits faster, but does less damage overall and can only hit one target at once, he has more defense, but less life
and theres always the fact that some people just are tired of having paladins
this build has its advantages, and can be alot more helpful while walking to izual and lilith, smite knocks back, fury doesnt

... I uber with a Zealot using Grief. And trust me, hitting multiple targets isn't "useful" in there, it's a fucking bother. That's why I use Smite.

And btw, for solo targets, such as the Uber bosses, Smite has utterly superior characteristics compared to any skill. You get 100% chance to hit, Life Tap, great damage due to Grief.

And hint: You're not supposed to walk in PvM, you're supposed to use Enigma.

And no, "boredom" isn't a good use to nerf your profits. You are still looking for profits, after all. Well I dunno, maybe uber trist sucks nowadays because you can't use it to powerlevel people.

This post was edited by olba on Aug 4 2011 01:17pm
Aug 4 2011 01:23pm
Quote (olba @ Aug 4 2011 04:16pm)
... I uber with a Zealot using Grief. And trust me, hitting multiple targets isn't "useful" in there, it's a fucking bother. That's why I use Smite.

And btw, for solo targets, such as the Uber bosses, Smite has utterly superior characteristics compared to any skill. You get 100% chance to hit, Life Tap, great damage due to Grief.

And hint: You're not supposed to walk in PvM, you're supposed to use Enigma.

i killed each uber with my wolf quicker than any smiter i've used, i find the hitting multiple targets "useful" because your vine heals life for each corpse
you said you were a zealer? with smite?
for solo targets, if you hit 10/10 with 2k damage(smiter) compared to 9/10 with 5k damage(wolf) do the math, wolf is killing faster
you cant tele in wolf form, youve obviously never used a shapeshifter, maybe not even used a druid? and not going into wolf form can lower your health alot
use a shapeshifter before acting like you know everything, thanks
Aug 4 2011 01:51pm
Quote (pensfanlf @ 4 Aug 2011 22:23)
i killed each uber with my wolf quicker than any smiter i've used, i find the hitting multiple targets "useful" because your vine heals life for each corpse
you said you were a zealer? with smite?
for solo targets, if you hit 10/10 with 2k damage(smiter) compared to 9/10 with 5k damage(wolf) do the math, wolf is killing faster
you cant tele in wolf form, youve obviously never used a shapeshifter, maybe not even used a druid? and not going into wolf form can lower your health alot
use a shapeshifter before acting like you know everything, thanks

Um, let's see. I have a Wolf barb, I had a Fire Claw druid, I had a windy. Oh and I mainly play a BvC with Beast. I think I know that you can't teleport in wolf form. Not my point: My point is that not teleporting is a major waste of time in PvM. And btw, if you've ever seen a half-decent shaper in PvP, you'd know they like to use teleport.

The reason I use a zealer and not a smiter is because I use the zealer for general purpose PvM whenever my goldfarming wolf barb or my hammerdin just isn't going to work. Like, running miniubers. Because yeah, Life Tap with Zeal rocks. But then again, Zeal is far superior to Fury anyway.

As for your damage argument:
Smite: starts at +15%, gets +15% per level
Fanaticism: starts at +50%, gets +17% per level
Fury: starts at +100%, gets 17% per level

Oh wow, looks like a smiter gets a much better +damage%. At, say, level 30 each, you're looking at +1025% vs 610%. That's ~68% more damage for Smite.

Also, Ubers have a 40-55% chance to block, so Smite gets 66%-122% more damage. This and the previous 68% are multiplicative due to the damage formula, for a total of 178-273% more damage.

Now, your weapon of choice is Ohm'ed Rib Cracker. It has an average damage of 124. A smiter gets an automatic 400 average damage from Grief alone. That's ... 222% more damage.

Wait, doesn't this mean that Smite has like a billion times more damage than Fury? Oh, right, it does.

Here's a hint: You really don't want to argue math with me.

Btw, I apologize if I sound like I dick, but my coffee is getting cold, my donut is getting dry and damn, it's almost 11pm and I still have stuff I'd prefer to get done.

And before you ask, yes, I do have a stick up my ass whenever it comes to math. Then again, if you knew me, you'd also know that I'm liable to actually be mildly apologetic if I'm actually wrong post-math. Because you know, I do the actual numbers, I don't pretend I do them.

Oh, and if I was bored enough, I'd make a shaper and go try it myself. Too bad I already know that Zeal > Fury and that Smite > Zeal. The first comes from the properties of the skills and the second comes from experience. And a simple rule of simple logic/math states that if a>b and b>c, then a>c.

This post was edited by olba on Aug 4 2011 01:58pm
Gold: 1,013.00
Aug 4 2011 02:10pm
I'm still leveling my druid, but I'm also going to try a mix of 1h weapons for this, like edeathz and ebotdz w/ stormshield and spirit (fhr/skills) although I probably wont max block (not even sure if block works in s/s)
Aug 4 2011 02:20pm
Quote (olba @ Aug 4 2011 04:51pm)
Um, let's see. I have a Wolf barb, I had a Fire Claw druid, I had a windy. Oh and I mainly play a BvC with Beast. I think I know that you can't teleport in wolf form. Not my point: My point is that not teleporting is a major waste of time in PvM. And btw, if you've ever seen a half-decent shaper in PvP, you'd know they like to use teleport.

The reason I use a zealer and not a smiter is because I use the zealer for general purpose PvM whenever my goldfarming wolf barb or my hammerdin just isn't going to work. Like, running miniubers. Because yeah, Life Tap with Zeal rocks. But then again, Zeal is far superior to Fury anyway.

As for your damage argument:
Smite: starts at +15%, gets +15% per level
Fanaticism: starts at +50%, gets +17% per level
Fury: starts at +100%, gets 17% per level

Oh wow, looks like a smiter gets a much better +damage%. At, say, level 30 each, you're looking at +1025% vs 610%. That's ~68% more damage for Smite.

Also, Ubers have a 40-55% chance to block, so Smite gets 66%-122% more damage. This and the previous 68% are multiplicative due to the damage formula, for a total of 178-273% more damage.

Now, your weapon of choice is Ohm'ed Rib Cracker. It has an average damage of 124. A smiter gets an automatic 400 average damage from Grief alone. That's ... 222% more damage.

Wait, doesn't this mean that Smite has like a billion times more damage than Fury? Oh, right, it does.

Here's a hint: You really don't want to argue math with me.

Btw, I apologize if I sound like I dick, but my coffee is getting cold, my donut is getting dry and damn, it's almost 11pm and I still have stuff I'd prefer to get done.

And before you ask, yes, I do have a stick up my ass whenever it comes to math. Then again, if you knew me, you'd also know that I'm liable to actually be mildly apologetic if I'm actually wrong post-math. Because you know, I do the actual numbers, I don't pretend I do them.

Oh, and if I was bored enough, I'd make a shaper and go try it myself. Too bad I already know that Zeal > Fury and that Smite > Zeal. The first comes from the properties of the skills and the second comes from experience. And a simple rule of simple logic/math states that if a>b and b>c, then a>c.

dear troll,
a wolfbarb, is not a uber wolf druid
heres what i reccomend
make one
compare to your "godly" smiter/zealer or whatever the hell it is
and if you think your build is better...
i ask that you still stop trolling my guide, its not meant to be better than a smiter (imo it is anyways) its meant to get away from the overused smiter

ps-no one cares about all those nerd facts, i stopped reading cause you arent worth wasting my time anymore, you only need to know that the outcome=faster than smiter
anymore comments by you here will be reported for spam, thanks

Quote (w0rstn4m33v3r @ Aug 4 2011 05:10pm)
I'm still leveling my druid, but I'm also going to try a mix of 1h weapons for this, like edeathz and ebotdz w/ stormshield and spirit (fhr/skills) although I probably wont max block (not even sure if block works in s/s)

i havent tried 1handed weapons, this is a budget build, but will probably work with those, i dont think max block matters, as i clear ubers easy without a shield
hope your druid works out as good as mine (or better) :D
Gold: 3.00
Aug 4 2011 02:28pm
Quote (pensfanlf @ Aug 4 2011 10:20pm)
dear troll,
a wolfbarb, is not a uber wolf druid
heres what i reccomend
make one
compare to your "godly" smiter/zealer or whatever the hell it is
and if you think your build is better...
i ask that you still stop trolling my guide, its not meant to be better than a smiter (imo it is anyways) its meant to get away from the overused smiter

ps-no one cares about all those nerd facts, i stopped reading cause you arent worth wasting my time anymore, you only need to know that the outcome=faster than smiter
anymore comments by you here will be reported for spam, thanks

i havent tried 1handed weapons, this is a budget build, but will probably work with those, i dont think max block matters, as i clear ubers easy without a shield
hope your druid works out as good as mine (or better) :D

you sir, are a moron. if anybody's wasting his time it is olba. here's why any smiter is better than your shapeshitter for the purpose of ubers:

1. smite hits everytime.
2. exile triggers lifetap.
3. smite does more damage with grief and/or cb from items.
4. you suck, gtfo.
Aug 4 2011 02:37pm
Quote (Vadim.L @ Aug 4 2011 05:28pm)
you sir, are a moron. if anybody's wasting his time it is olba. here's why any smiter is better than your shapeshitter for the purpose of ubers:

1. smite hits everytime.
2. exile triggers lifetap.
3. smite does more damage with grief and/or cb from items.
4. you suck, gtfo.

you sir, have been reported for flaming

1. i have made smiters with the best gear reccomended
2. my wolf killed faster
3. fury has more benifits, 98% of my hits are landed, and i do more damage, wolf IS faster
4. youre a troll, stop spamming

i lol'd at the fact that olba's only friend is you, someone was put up to this, or a multi?

This post was edited by pensfanlf on Aug 4 2011 02:38pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll