d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Xepo's Ww-sin Faq
Prev1181920212229Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 31 2006 05:01pm
very nice guide to read !!!

gz man smile.gif
Gold: 0.50
Warn: 70%
Jul 31 2006 05:12pm
Not a guide ;_;
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 100%
Aug 1 2006 10:24am
Quote (blade85 @ Mon, Jul 31 2006, 10:43pm)
What damage do you get with this

3-4k. Around 3.5 with fury and 4 with chaos.

Quote (jOOdje @ Mon, Jul 31 2006, 11:01pm)
very nice guide to read !!!

gz man smile.gif

AHAH, me no longer teh noob "I used to be"? Goody, ty.

Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 1 2006 11:41am
good read
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Aug 1 2006 11:50am
Looks like this covered almost everything. But I have a lot of people ask me how the hell I manage to keep up my mana so easily.
I'm curious what methods the author of this faq and users here at jsp use to maintain their mana with a ww sin.

I used Raven Frost, Angelic Halo, Angelic Wings... because the Wings have 20% Damage Goes to Mana. This mod many I've found are unfamiliar with.

Damage To Mana works against Physical and Magical Damage only unfortunately but can still help a great deal in maintaining mana. You have very low mana with any type of ww sin and so a Greater or Super Potion of Mana can refill you almost instantly between whirlwinds. But if you run out of mana and your opponant is still alive they will get away.

In most cases a good Ghost will kill their opponant before they run into this problem. However... this problem arrises most often vs paladins and barbarians. This is why I prefer the Angelic Wings. The types of skills you will go against with those two classes are Whirlwind, Smite, Charge, Zeal, Blessed Hammer, Concentrate, Berserk. All of these skills deal either physical or magical damage... or both.

This means everytime they hit you, your mana will refill instantly by an amount equal to 20% of the damage you received.

So for example... lets say you're going against a high defense Hammerdin that deals 10k Hammer Damage. These bastards are tanks with maxed HS and Defiance. Over all they are melee killers and amazing tanks. Gonna be hard to hit em. So you wanna make sure you don't run out of mana.

10,000 x .17 = 1,700 This is the damage of a 10k hammer after pvp penalty.

Each time you're hit by one of these while wearing Angelic Wings you're mana will instantly refill by 1,700 x .2 = 340 mana. Instant refill every hit. smile.gif

Not being so reliant on potions is a great advantage and allows you much more freedom of movement since you won't ever end up standing still to hit a pot. I've found this in my experience to be amazingly helpfull and I don't think I would ever make a ghost without damage to mana.

If the author would like to add this info to the FAQ it'd be cool if u mentioned my name but either way I wanted to mention this to the public as public info because not all know about it.
Aug 1 2006 01:48pm
Wow, im sorry to say, but thats the most stupid idea Ive heard in ages. You shouldnt rely on being hit in the first place. I had a meager 400 mana on my old sin, wich means that I had to pot alot. Did I had to stand still? No, unless you take a pot when your mana pool is completely depleted, you will never have to stop or put yourself into a dangerous position in order to replenish your mana. If you think 400 mana is too little, take a few 20/17's.

Second; the use of angelics is only an option when you have a 1.08 valk at your disposal, otherwise you cant keep up 65% fcr MB wich is by far better than that little extra AR angelics grants. Even when you have a 08 valk, Id take the extra mana and skills from amy+raven anyday.

As the author, Im afraid that Ill have to reject your idea.
Warn: 90%
Aug 1 2006 01:51pm
Quote (Incompetence @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 07:48pm)
Wow, im sorry to say, but thats the most stupid idea Ive heard in ages. You shouldnt rely on being hit in the first place. I had a meager 400 mana on my old sin, wich means that I had to pot alot. Did I had to stand still? No, unless you take a pot when your mana pool is completely depleted, you will never have to stop or put yourself into a dangerous position in order to replenish your mana. If you think 400 mana is too little, take a few 20/17's.

Second; the use of angelics is only an option when you have a 1.08 valk at your disposal, otherwise you cant keep up 65% fcr MB wich is by far better than that little extra AR angelics grants. Even when you have a 08 valk, Id take the extra mana and skills from amy+raven anyday.

or you could make a non-ghetto sin with 800+ mana ahah. btw porky u still play?
Banned
Aug 1 2006 02:14pm
Quote (Incompetence)

LOL... first of all you're not the author. Secondly who said I was relying on being hit??? I merely said it was helpfull to use damage to mana especially when going against tanks like ww barbs and paladins.

Uh... wtf do angelics have to do with the 65% fcr bp? Nothing? I didn't say replace your helm. sleep.gif You can still use 2/20/1 or 2/20/1 circs. There are plenty of different setups to configure where you can manage that breakpoint.

I'm posting my opinions for discussion... not flaming. Thanks.
Aug 1 2006 02:20pm
Quote (ArchRazieL @ Tue, Aug 1 2006, 08:14pm)
LOL... first of all you're not the author.
OK

Secondly who said I was relying on being hit???  I merely said it was helpfull to use damage to mana especially when going against tanks like ww barbs and paladins.
Well, you have to depend on being hit, otherwise your wonderfull damage to mana wont be that useful, now will it? Actually, with using angelic you choose to have even less mana than you would have with any other setup.

Uh... wtf do angelics have to do with the 65% fcr bp?  Nothing?  I didn't say replace your helm. sleep.gif  You can still use 2/20/1 or 2/20/1 circs.  There are plenty of different setups to configure where you can manage that breakpoint.
Nothing? how do you maintain 65% fcr without a valk and using angelics? Dishing your other raven? Haha, please, stop.

I'm posting my opinions for discussion... not flaming.  Thanks.
You think im flaming? Grow up. (no, that wasnt a "flame")

This post was edited by Incompetence on Aug 1 2006 02:20pm
Banned
Aug 1 2006 02:32pm
Quote (Incompetence)
Wow, im sorry to say, but thats the most stupid idea Ive heard in ages.

I think you need to grow up.

Quote (Incompetence)
Well, you have to depend on being hit, otherwise your wonderfull damage to mana wont be that useful, now will it? Actually, with using angelic you choose to have even less mana than you would have with any other setup.

You don't depend on being hit but you are going to get hit when vsing a bvc, ww barb, smiter, etc. It's gauranteed. What's the hardest duel for most ww sins???

Whirlwind Barbs!!

Why??? They have extremely high defense, resists, life, and max DR. They also can dish out much more damage than you much faster and have 75% chance to block as opposed to your 60%. You can only pot in between whirlwinds not during them. Needless to say it's going to be a longer harder duel. It'd sure suck to run out of pots. Dmg to mana is a good answer.

65% FCR? Heh... that doesn't help you vs whirlwind, smite, charge now does it? So fuck the FCR you're gonna wanna be in constant whirlwind so that you can stay on them. Having damage to mana allows you to constantly whirlwind vs another whirlwind build or a smiter. You never have to hit a single pot.

I'm not talking about using angelics vs casters specifically I'm talking about the use of damage to mana to aid you vs the build's rivals.

On that note you can even use Aldur's Advance or Nightsmoke to get the damage to mana mod. I like the angelics because of the AR they give to help me hit that damn barb or pally. But if you wanna keep your current jewelry setup then you can and equip one of the other options I listed above.

Shit... you can even use Dun Jewels if you want. There are plenty of options to mix a little damage to mana into a setup.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1181920212229Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll