d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Comprehensive Guide To Assassins > updated, version 2.0
Prev1151617181925Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.37
Warn: 100%
Jul 14 2007 12:54pm
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 20:30)
Banging heads would imply that this is a close debate...  But when i'm right and Rain is so wrong I would just call it a boot fucking

wow you're so ignorant. You aren't even trying to prove that your build is any better, except with fucked up calculations..
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2007 11:41am
I was going to save this comparison for my guide, but I don't know if i'll even post it or not. Very few people play the game anymore so it would probably last a few days and then get buried forever anyway. Diablo = dead game. But anyway, here is a comparison of the 2 sins we are talking about Rain:

Standard Greater Talon using Ghost sin:

Chaos hand damage (non pre buffed) 2809 - 3454 (average of 3132)
Chaos hand damage (perfect pre-buff) 4791 - 5457 (average of 5124)
Fury hand damage (non pre buffed) 2451 - 2757 (average of 2601)
Fury hand damage (perfect pre-buff) 4433 - 4754 (average of 4594)
Chaos attack rating: 5904
Fury attack rating: 6113
Life: 4032
added deadly strike: 0%
65% Fcr, 48% Fhr, 50% dr, 61% weapon block

One of my actual realm Ghost sins using my own unique build (i'll post a guide for it when I get around to it)

Chaos hand damage (non pre buffed) 3119 - 4101 (average of 3614)
Chaos hand damage (my non perfect pre-buff) 5334 - 6433 (average of 5884)
Fury hand damage (non pre buffed) 2624 - 3145 (average of 2885)
Fury hand damage (my non perfect pre-buff) 4680 - 5326 (average of 5003)
Chaos attack rating: 6885
Fury attack rating: 7109
Life: 4157
added deadly strike: 34%
65% Fcr, 48% Fhr, 50% dr, 60% weapon block

So my sin has 16% more average chaos damage and 10% more fury damage. Thats not even factoring in the extra 34% deadly strike I have, plus the fact that my claws and charms are not perfect and neither is my pre-buff.
my sin has 125 more life, and that's with my sins non perfect charms. With perfect charms I would gain 45 more life making the difference 170 life.
I have about 17% more attack rating, and again my charms and gear are not perfect.
I lose 1% weapon block and I lose 10% mind blast damage. (this is of course compared to a sin that has 2 x 3 venom / 3 weapon block / 3 mind blast claws) Compared to real realm sins, it won't be much at all.

So I guess this is why I feel comfortable saying my build is better overall. I'll gladly make the small sacrifice to gain what I do. Plus my build is unique so I get cool points for that smile.gif
Gold: 1.00
Jul 17 2007 11:55am
Yo for real.
Jul 17 2007 12:01pm
Quote (Trae8 @ Tue, 17 Jul 2007, 20:41)
I was going to save this comparison for my guide, but I don't know if i'll even post it or not.  Very few people play the game anymore so it would probably last a few days and then get buried forever anyway.  Diablo = dead game.  But anyway, here is a comparison of the 2 sins we are talking about Rain:

Standard Greater Talon using Ghost sin:

Chaos hand damage (non pre buffed)  2809 - 3454  (average of 3132)
Chaos hand damage (perfect pre-buff)  4791 - 5457  (average of 5124)
Fury hand damage (non pre buffed)  2451 - 2757  (average of 2601)
Fury hand damage (perfect pre-buff)  4433 - 4754  (average of 4594)
Chaos attack rating:  5904
Fury attack rating:  6113
Life:  4032
added deadly strike:  0%
65% Fcr, 48% Fhr, 50% dr, 61% weapon block

One of my actual realm Ghost sins using my own unique build  (i'll post a guide for it when I get around to it)

Chaos hand damage (non pre buffed)  3119 - 4101  (average of 3614)
Chaos hand damage (my non perfect pre-buff)  5334 - 6433  (average of 5884)
Fury hand damage (non pre buffed)  2624 - 3145  (average of 2885)
Fury hand damage (my non perfect pre-buff)  4680 - 5326  (average of 5003)
Chaos attack rating:  6885
Fury attack rating:  7109
Life:  4157
added deadly strike:  34%
65% Fcr, 48% Fhr, 50% dr, 60% weapon block

So my sin has 16% more average chaos damage and 10% more fury damage.  Thats not even factoring in the extra 34% deadly strike I have, plus the fact that my claws and charms are not perfect and neither is my pre-buff.
my sin has 125 more life, and that's with my sins non perfect charms.  With perfect charms I would gain 45 more life making the difference 170 life.
I have about 17% more attack rating, and again my charms and gear are not perfect.
I lose 1% weapon block and I lose 10% mind blast damage.  (this is of course compared to a sin that has 2 x 3 venom / 3 weapon block / 3 mind blast claws)  Compared to real realm sins, it won't be much at all.

So I guess this is why I feel comfortable saying my build is better overall.  I'll gladly make the small sacrifice to gain what I do.  Plus my build is unique so I get cool points for that  smile.gif

I can just as well say this:

My actual realm sin:

Chaos hand damage (non pre buffed) 3809 - 4454 (average of 4132)
Chaos hand damage (perfect pre-buff) 5791 - 6457 (average of 6124)
Fury hand damage (non pre buffed) 3451 - 3757 (average of 3601)
Fury hand damage (perfect pre-buff) 5433 - 5754 (average of 5594)
Chaos attack rating: 15904
Fury attack rating: 16113
Life: 4432
added deadly strike: 90%
65% Fcr, 86% Fhr, 50% dr, 63% weapon block

and it would mean shit. You go by the numbers but yet, you've proven NOTHING. Ever heard of pvp penalty? dr? resis? The actual difference in PHYSICAL DAMAGE to your favor is MUCH MUCH less. I, on the other hand, will have higher mb + sm + traps + venom + cb + fade and whatnot.

You talk shit like no else. Please, refrain from shitty calculations and actually GRASP the game mechanichs

you, are also talking of "standard greater talon using sin"

wtf is that? You decide what standard is? It might be common, but in no way it is standard. I use elite claws. Preferably high damage fools with kb and whatnot.

You keep THEORYCRAFTING but so far you have proven nothing.

This post was edited by The Rain on Jul 17 2007 12:04pm
Jul 17 2007 08:05pm
In this case I didn't decide what standard is, your buddy Xepo did. I used his exact assassin he has in his guide and his damage calculator because you seem to suck his dick pretty hard and won't argue when it's his numbers instead of my own. He uses a perfect sin with 45 life charms and perfect stat'd gear in his guide, I used my actual sin. And the reason I used percentage increases is exactly because of pvp penelties and what not. When you use percentage gains it makes no fucking difference whether you include pvp penelties or anything. All damages in the game are subject to penelties, but percentage gain won't change.

Also it's not 16% and 10% either, it's WAY more then that when you add in 34% more deadly strike. You should go to your boy Xepo's guide again and check out how much damage increases you get with critical strike from claw mastery added in. It's a lot bigger then you think. And that's only for about 23% critical strike. Factor in another 34% deadly and it's even bigger. Seriously, go look at it because you obviously know nothing about this. The effective damage increase is going to be about 25% which is huge. Factor in pvp penelties all you want, it's still 25% gain.

And also you keep referring to all these extra shadow skills you will have. Why exactly? My assassin comparison uses 7 shadow gc's and yours uses 9. Do you really think that 2 shadow gc's is gonna make up for huge losses in damage, attack rating and life? For weapon block, fade, and shadow master I just put 2 extra points in it if I want big deal, we will have the same level anyway. Now you're just grasping at anything you can and it's pathetic.

Why can't you just admit that you don't know shit about ghost sins? I don't argue with people about other characters like druids and shit because I don't play them much. It's clear you don't play Ghost sins so why are you arguing and making guides about them? If you're good with trappers, stick with trappers. But to actually pretend you know anything about Ghosts is pretty sad.
Jul 17 2007 09:44pm
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 18 Jul 2007, 05:05)
In this case I didn't decide what standard is, your buddy Xepo did.  I used his exact assassin he has in his guide and his damage calculator because you seem to suck his dick pretty hard and won't argue when it's his numbers instead of my own.  He uses a perfect sin with 45 life charms and perfect stat'd gear in his guide, I used my actual sin.  And the reason I used percentage increases is exactly because of pvp penelties and what not.  When you use percentage gains it makes no fucking difference whether you include pvp penelties or anything.  All damages in the game are subject to penelties, but percentage gain won't change.   

Also it's not 16% and 10% either, it's WAY more then that when you add in 34% more deadly strike.  You should go to your boy Xepo's guide again and check out how much damage increases you get with critical strike from claw mastery added in.  It's a lot bigger then you think.  And that's only for about 23% critical strike.  Factor in another 34% deadly and it's even bigger.  Seriously, go look at it because you obviously know nothing about this.  The effective damage increase is going to be about 25% which is huge.  Factor in pvp penelties all you want, it's still 25% gain.

And also you keep referring to all these extra shadow skills you will have.  Why exactly?  My assassin comparison uses 7 shadow gc's and yours uses 9.  Do you really think that 2 shadow gc's is gonna make up for huge losses in damage, attack rating and life?  For weapon block, fade, and shadow master I just put 2 extra points in it if I want big deal, we will have the same level anyway.  Now you're just grasping at anything you can and it's pathetic. 

Why can't you just admit that you don't know shit about ghost sins?  I don't argue with people about other characters like druids and shit because I don't play them much.  It's clear you don't play Ghost sins so why are you arguing and making guides about them?  If you're good with trappers, stick with trappers.  But to actually pretend you know anything about Ghosts is pretty sad.

aha so now it's 7 shadow skillers instead of FULL inv of 32020s. What made you change your mind? More ignorant lies, please.

Why can't you just admit that you don't know shit about ghost sins? I don't argue with people about other characters like druids and shit because I don't play them much. It's clear you don't play Ghost sins so why are you arguing and making guides about them? If you're good with trappers, stick with trappers. But to actually pretend you know anything about Ghosts is pretty sad.

You are entitled to an opinion, sadly, your opinion seems to be that everyone who doesn't agree that your garbage build is better than everything else, don't know anything about assassins. Newsflash; you had FULL inv of 32020s until I proved that you won't benefit from it much, now it's 7 gcs and tomorrow it'll probably be 9 gcs. those 16 scs will do squat. They neither add damage significantly nor ar. You keep theorycrafting and biasing your opinions on a ghost build _you_ think I would use. Rather not.

This post was edited by The Rain on Jul 17 2007 09:58pm
Jul 17 2007 10:11pm
See, I knew you wouldn't be able to argue the numbers if I ripped them right from your boyfriend Xepo's guide smile.gif And I never once said you had to use all 3/20/20's. Of course it's an option and I know someone here on west who actually does that and it's great for his playing style. I personally use several shadow gc's because I like them better. But you already know this because you have seen one of my older assassins before and the screenshot clearly showed me using shadow gc's. Are you really so destroyed in this that you have to make up blatent lies now? That's when you know you've truly lost...
Jul 18 2007 07:57am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 18 Jul 2007, 07:11)
See, I knew you wouldn't be able to argue the numbers if I ripped them right from your boyfriend Xepo's guide  smile.gif  And I never once said you had to use all 3/20/20's.  Of course it's an option and I know someone here on west who actually does that and it's great for his playing style.  I personally use several shadow gc's because I like them better.  But you already know this because you have seen one of my older assassins before and the screenshot clearly showed me using shadow gc's.  Are you really so destroyed in this that you have to make up blatent lies now?  That's when you know you've truly lost...

Xepo tends to be correct, I still have trouble believing _your_ numbers.

Here:

Quote (Inbred virgin)
For every Shadow GC you wear, I wear 3 x 3/16+ / 20 life sc's.

But now you claim otherwise? Amusing.

Also, just before, the damage difference was 33%, now it turned into 25%

And like I calculated to you so kindly before,

Quote (Rain)

here's the compilation: you need to prebuff, you'll gain 111 more MAX damage (with claw mastery, ~250 more (being generous here, again)). 135 more life (before bo) and 740 ar. ofc, claw mastery will multiply that, so lets say 2,1k more ar.

This is without str/dex and with FULL inv of 32020s. I've not factored in pvp penalty nor dr, which will hinder your advantage even further.

It all comes down to whether you use forti or not. with it, it's very possible to reach much higher damage than ghost.

You've denied sending xepo the .d2s of your assassin and you TRY to prove your point here but ain't doing much to it, just some theorycrafting. You make up all the numbers from your ass.
Jul 18 2007 10:19am
what the hell is a .d2s and why would I be sending anything to xepo?

And your numbers are absolutely horrible but i'm tired of arguing with someone who can't understand anything unless it's written down for him in a guide so he can rip it off as one of his own. If you really want to see the difference, use a damage calculator instead of making stuff up from the top of your head. Oh ya I forgot. How the hell would you use a damage calculator if you don't have a fucking clue what gear and charms and skills to use. Why don't you know? Because you haven't studied someones guide. Nobody has spoon fed you the info yet...

This post was edited by Trae8 on Jul 18 2007 10:25am
Jul 18 2007 10:33am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 18 Jul 2007, 19:19)
what the hell is a .d2s and why would I be sending anything to xepo?

And your numbers are absolutely horrible but i'm tired of arguing with someone who can't understand anything unless it's written down for him in a guide so he can rip it off as one of his own. If you really want to see the difference, use a damage calculator instead of making stuff up from the top of your head. Oh ya I forgot. How the hell would you use a damage calculator if you don't have a fucking clue what gear and charms and skills to use. Why don't you know? Because you haven't studied someones guide.  Nobody has spoon fed you the info yet...

dodge more.

.d2s is the character file. And you would be sending it because xepo asked. That would at least prove if you ever had the damage you speak of.

How come the damage difference came down from 33% to 25%? how come your 37*32020s turned into 16 and 7 skillers? You do realize that I calculated the added MAX damage you gain (You won't gain min damage) with only claw mastery taken to account? you should understand what that means?

Keep dodging wigger
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1151617181925Next
Closed New Topic New Poll