d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Fury Wolf: Updated For D2r > D2:R
Prev1131415161736Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 28 2022 04:49am
Quote (Koston @ Dec 28 2022 10:41am)
Still holding out hope for blizz allowing wolf to tele

The rumour is a (shaper, and superior item) rework for 2.6, but while tele dudu had been advocated i think they would have done it already if they were going to do it.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 28 2022 04:50am
Gold: 15,570.00
Dec 28 2022 04:50am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 28 2022 02:49am)
The rumour is a (shaper) rework for 2.6, but while tele dudu had been advocated i think they would have done it already if they were going to do it.

Not sure they’re gonna do much to wolf Druids, they’ve changed them a lot. I think maybe they’ll do something to werebear considering they made them non viable
Gold: 47,204.00
Dec 28 2022 04:50am
Quote (Koston @ Dec 28 2022 10:50am)
Not sure they’re gonna do much to wolf Druids, they’ve changed them a lot. I think maybe they’ll do something to werebear considering they made them non viable

tend to agree, and hope so. bears have no love in the game, pvm or pvp.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 28 2022 04:51am
Gold: 383.00
Dec 28 2022 05:37am
- Bear should get a viable 3 fpa attack easy/medium obtainable, none interuptible.
- Fireclaw should get a damage boost. (What they did now: it has the same damage as before, at less skillpoint cost. But the 2 syntenergies are bad. Makes hybrids who focus on fire elementals skill not able to use it as a 1 point melee with syntenergies... ofc current fpa makes it worse than everything else...)
- Shapechange bear/Wolf should be uninteruptible.
- Rabies should work like in d2lod. It should work unnafected true the entire duration. Nomatter what happens to the druid. And should kill enemies when 1 lifed like in d2lod. It did not kill 1 lifed enemies if they was off minimap range, but if u teleported into minimap range again they would die if still active.
- werebear skill should have a small base ar% add, like 8-10% each level.
- lycan should add a little efrw.

The good changes they made:
- Less delays on fireskills. But fireskills somewhat still delay Shapechange. Fireskills should not affect shapechange what so ever
- Boosted werewolf ar on skills.

Druid breakpoint in general also feels slower than on d2lod...
Dec 28 2022 04:16pm
Quote (gel87 @ Dec 28 2022 03:37am)
- Bear should get a viable 3 fpa attack easy/medium obtainable, none interuptible.
- Fireclaw should get a damage boost. (What they did now: it has the same damage as before, at less skillpoint cost. But the 2 syntenergies are bad. Makes hybrids who focus on fire elementals skill not able to use it as a 1 point melee with syntenergies... ofc current fpa makes it worse than everything else...)
- Shapechange bear/Wolf should be uninteruptible.
- Rabies should work like in d2lod. It should work unnafected true the entire duration. Nomatter what happens to the druid. And should kill enemies when 1 lifed like in d2lod. It did not kill 1 lifed enemies if they was off minimap range, but if u teleported into minimap range again they would die if still active.
- werebear skill should have a small base ar% add, like 8-10% each level.
- lycan should add a little efrw.

The good changes they made:
- Less delays on fireskills. But fireskills somewhat still delay Shapechange. Fireskills should not affect shapechange what so ever
- Boosted werewolf ar on skills.

Druid breakpoint in general also feels slower than on d2lod...

I agree. If they don't allow tele wolf, adding some frw to lycan skill is a good compromise. I've really been holding out for that one in particular, and anything to make werebear more viable.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 28 2022 08:58pm
the game would be better if they just reverted everything back to legacy and fired everyone except the guy who flips ladder switch
Dec 28 2022 08:59pm
Quote (AmithJacksom @ Dec 28 2022 06:58pm)
the game would be better if they just reverted everything back to legacy and fired everyone except the guy who flips ladder switch

I think for a lot of things like how they broke fhr for other forms of pvp would be better if they reverted, but if you reverted the ias changes for wolf back to LoD, they would become terrible again. wolf druids were not that great in gm melee, they're on par with zeal now due to the changes
Gold: 29,580.00
Jan 4 2023 11:47am
Just getting back into the game since lod days, spent all fg on a trapper setup back then and am broke now. I got a fury I’m slowly trying to piece together, but it’s gonna take a long time. You should have a budget setup listed. (Oath, Levi/Shaftstop, stuff like that)
Jan 4 2023 11:55am
Quote (ZPureHate @ Jan 4 2023 09:47am)
Just getting back into the game since lod days, spent all fg on a trapper setup back then and am broke now. I got a fury I’m slowly trying to piece together, but it’s gonna take a long time. You should have a budget setup listed. (Oath, Levi/Shaftstop, stuff like that)

Hiya, welcome. hope you have fun making your wolf druid.

because this is a gm melee guide, the stuff to make a budget wolf is actually listed here - it just depends on how "perfect" your want your items to be and how high you're willing to go.

A budget wolf druid would basically just be ebotdz, fort, gface, stormshield, HL, gores, steelrends, dungos, 2x Raven (maybe 1x melee ring if you can find a decent one for cheap), 9x shapeshift GCs with as high as life as possible, and 3/XX/XX small charms (swap out ebotdz for a 270+ EDC + angelics for vs. zeal). If you're ok with mid-tier stats (like a 400ed ebotdz non-superior, 210def upped gores instead of 213), 240+/20 ravens, 35ed/15ias jewels instead of 40/15s, etc.), then that is actually extremely affordable and you will still be able to duel and even win in some cases... you'd even be able to come into the melee discord and score this stuff for free or for VERY cheap.. All of these items are listed in the guide but again, it's just a matter of how much you're willing to spend for better stats. But you can definitely go with the budget version if you wanted. None of these items I just listed go for that much, everything has dropped in price pretty drastically.

Basically the part of the guide you would ignore for a budget version is the entire section about rare weapons. A good rare weapon is easily 30k+ fg still (and that's for a lower end one) so I would not recommend getting into that part of melee until you've 100% established you enjoy gm melee duels and wolf druids. I'd also recommend staying away from rare jewels if you're on a budget because it's a black hole that can become very expensive :P

This post was edited by Koston on Jan 4 2023 12:03pm
Gold: 5.77
Jan 5 2023 06:38pm
Just a reminder, I made and continue to make melee tools for D2R here:

d2melee.com
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1131415161736Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll