d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Adjutant's Pvp Aura/smite Hybrid
Prev1131415161722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Feb 22 2008 02:05am
Quote (Maximillian-VII @ Fri, Feb 22 2008, 01:54am)
I play a pure telesmiter, and I do believe you've probably seen my smiter.  In my opinion pure smite/telesmite > this build.  I could see this being helpful for druids as it would eliminate wolves, and it might make zons easier.  But in general I'll take my telesmiter with massive stacked resists and 75% fcr.

Sure, this build isn't designed to kill smiters though smile.gif

As far as it being better vs all, well, it's a matter of skill and gear. Personally I'm not very good at chain-locking so I prefer charging into a smite. It's kind of like saying there's no point in making a blizz sorc or BvC or bowzon because pure smite > them all. This isn't a perfect build, but it's a lot more fun than a straight smiter. Plus it has a better matchup vs most hdins and windys.

What's your smiter's name?

This post was edited by adjutant on Feb 22 2008 02:05am
Gold: 1.50
Feb 22 2008 02:07am
Quote (adjutant @ Fri, Feb 22 2008, 02:05am)
Sure, this build isn't designed to kill smiters though smile.gif

As far as it being better vs all, well, it's a matter of skill and gear. Personally I'm not very good at chain-locking so I prefer charging into a smite. It's kind of like saying there's not point in making a blizz sorc or BvC or bowzon because pure smite > them all. This isn't a perfect build, but it's a lot more fun than a straight smiter. Plus it has a better matchup vs most hdins and windys.

What's your smiter's name?

I've played a smiter for a long time, as well as several variations on the smiter. And to be honest, there really isn't a smiter on east ladder that measure up to me in terms of smite vs all skills, especially in regards to chainlocking.

and my smiter's name on ladder is Psychotic
Feb 22 2008 02:16am
Quote (Maximillian-VII @ Fri, Feb 22 2008, 02:07am)
I've played a smiter for a long time, as well as several variations on the smiter.  And to be honest, there really isn't a smiter on east ladder that measure up to me in terms of smite vs all skills, especially in regards to chainlocking. 

Cool, I think I've seen you in some of the 4v4gm spam duels smile.gif

A really good smiter is hard to beat, especially if they're using exile. I still prefer dueling with this build, but certainly going into a tourney or high-stakes 1v1 a well-geared telesmiter is always a good choice.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2008 10:44am
I think with this build smiters are easy if you slight bm(hey the all will prob use tap)Flash Holy freeze.Then conviction charge them with fana and smite them dead.I barely die vs smiters.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2008 11:29pm
Quote (Maximillian-VII @ Fri, Feb 22 2008, 03:07am)
I've played a smiter for a long time, as well as several variations on the smiter.  And to be honest, there really isn't a smiter on east ladder that measure up to me in terms of smite vs all skills, especially in regards to chainlocking. 

You can use tele smite gear on this char too.
Mar 2 2008 07:49pm
First in a series of updates from pm conversations:

Hai, sorry to steal your time again. But I would like to know if there is any special setup that is generally the best for public duelling.

I got everything at the moment.
Arach, Verdungo
WWs, Treks, Gores
Bloodfist, Dracs

What is there the best to use? Should I go for maximum Fhr? And how is it with the resistences? I calculated I will have +176 Resists from my items.
Is this enough or should I put some Resistance smallcharms in my inventory too?

And I decided to use 3 off lifers and 3 pc lifers, and the rest full with 20 life scs. Do you think this will work quite well?

Thanks for your help in advance wink.gif

Regards

It's definitely good to get some extra res from small charms, especially lightning. I like to stack at least 50 lite res and 25 fire res. Cold helps but you have to stack a lot to make it worthwhile.

dungo vs arach - i prefer arach, i get the better BO and charge/smite dmg and faster tele. dungo might be better all-around with the dr but i just prefer arach for some reason.

boots - i usually wear 'walks, the life bonus is great and the dex is a bonus. so is the fire res. use treks if you need the fhr. more fhr definitely helps, people say you can just charge out of anything so it doesn't matter but you're not a straight charger, you need to be able to stand and smite (like against mb'ing trapsins). I currently only hit the 48fhr bkpt, but hitting 86 would be ideal. I could hit it with dungos + treks but again, i prefer arach and walks. Sadly, my dreams give only 57 fhr together mad.gif so I can't use dream - dream - bloodfist to hit 86fhr. It's not a huge deal, but something to shoot for if possible.

for gloves, if you're using a zerker (which is much better I think), you'll need 20ias gloves (or 10ias if you have lvl 27+ fana and 40ias zerker). I use 20ias/15str/10dex/30lite res gloves. I like these a lot. Dracs are great for the open wounds but the tap is kind of bm. Bloodfists are good, I have a double up'd pair, but I don't find myself using them that often.

Your charm combo sounds good, let me know how it goes

This post was edited by adjutant on Mar 2 2008 07:49pm
Mar 3 2008 01:10pm
Quote (adjutant @ Thu, Jan 31 2008, 11:16pm)
Ideally, I'd say 6-7 pcomb lifers, 2-3 offensive lifers, and the remaining space 20/5 sc's (or lite and fire 20/11s).  Fire and lite stack are more important than cold or poison.  20life/36 ar small charms will also help a lot.  The build has a total of +10 skills from items and battle commands, so if you were to put 15 points into conviction and fanaticism that would give level 27 conviction and level 27 fanaticism, both of which are good stopping points.  It pretty much ensures that you'll outconvict V/T's and most auradins, and lets you use bloodifsts + 40ias grief zerker which is a great combo. 

Actually, ideally, you'd have 9 pcomb and 9 off lifers and could swap in and out as needed wink.gif but that isn't really practical.  Try and keep another 2-3 off lifers in stash so you can bump up to lvl 30+ conviction if needed.  It's pretty much impossible to beat a fire auradin if you're outconvicted (they just run away from you the whole time).  At the moment I have 2 pcomb and 4 off lifers, which has been working well.  I'd be happy to show you my inventory in game.  It's something I built up over time so it's basically just a mix of my best small charms and the 6 skillers. 

You should shoot for at least 4k life.  That way you can definitely tank two hammers and a few fireballs or bone spirits.  This isn't hard if you fill your inventory with skill lifers and 20 life scs. 

Quote (,Thu @  Jan 31 2008, 04:01pm)
Quote (adjutant @ Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:54pm)
Quote (,Thu @  Jan 31 2008, 09:37am)
Hai I read your guide of your Aura/Smite Paladin.

I am currently deciding to buy a new PvP Paladin, and I am choosing between an Auradin with Dragon or your char.

Which do you think owns better? I would need a strong PvP Paladin, your stats look nice, and I am wondering if I would be able to own Pubs with it.

Regards

For a pure auradin, fire is a bit stronger even though the average damage is less. You have a higher pulse radius and more consistent damage, plus you can wear ber ber CoA to almost max DR. That being said, pure auradins are pretty one-dimensional and aren't very competitive unless BM'ing.

I do generally own pubs with my char. Exile smiters and high damage ww barbs are always a pain but most everything else in pub duels is pretty easy. Having smite is very powerful, and having the aura forces people to come to you, which regular smiters don't have. It's definitely fun to duel with. I also like gm 4v4'ing with this character. You can run alongside another elemental char (like a trapsin) and protect them while letting your conviction + their attacks (e.g. traps) rip people apart.

The only other thing I'd recommend for an aura hybrid is a FoH / aura. lite/FoH would be the easiest to gear and maximize your pulse and FoH damage on main (with a 25/25 +3/+3 foh scepter, which would also boost your aura damage), but would leave you dependent on lite damage. fire/FoH would require you switch FoH'ing but is very effective as it forces people to tank two different elements. I believe there's a good guide in the sticky section if you'd like to try that (it's called a daydreamer, though technically the fire version should be a daydragger or something like that).

Well thanks for the PM, nice from you.
Yeah actually I saw the Daydreamer guide, but like you said, your char is fun playing for sure, and you are a little more flexible than other Auradins.
To get good Dreams on Nonladder is not so easy, but I managed somehow to find some.
I think I will build such a char. I really liked your guide very well written, and the strategies are also very well explained.
What I wanted was a char which owns nice, GMannered and is fun playing, I think your char is definitely worth building. Thanks for your help. I would have one last question, regarding the inventory. Which do you think is the most effective? I was thinking of a mixture of pcs lifers and offs lifers, and 10*20 lifers with res. What would you say is the best, and how much life should I have minimum?

Thanks in advance wink.gif

Mar 6 2008 11:53pm
Quote ( @ Sat, Feb 16 2008, 09:54am)
hey mate

on pvp aurasmite should I use offensive gcs?

regards

pcombs are better all-around (I believe the rough addition to smite damage is 110 for pcomb and 90 for offensive, but you also get a defense bonus and a charge bonus from pcombs). life is the more important thing, though, and pcomb lifers are also really expensive. I like to keep my conviction at around 30, 31; this means I never have to worry about FoH when facing a V/T. Plus, most auradins get just enough for a level 25 conviction so you'll generally outconvict them (you can also kill glitched auradins easily as long as you outconvict them).

There's no 1 answer really smile.gif If I had 9x 45 life pcombs I would go that route to maximize smite damage. Right now, I have 4x off lifers 2x pcomb lifers and the rest of my inventory is 20 life sc's with res or ar. If you have 9x pcomb lifers, still keep a few off lifers stashed in case you go against a bm auradin with a high conviction.

This post was edited by adjutant on Mar 6 2008 11:54pm
Mar 8 2008 10:36pm
example of barb defense

without conviction: 8200
under conviction: 6500

You'll be less than 50% to hit, plus it's almost impossible to charge into WW. Stilll, it's good to know.
Gold: 22,101.65
Warn: 40%
Mar 25 2008 01:27am
GG ur adjutant reflex is revealed... IDk about that 5-6k smite damage lol

I guess ur using all pcomb items and shit but Idk maybe its invisible 5-6k smite damge tongue.gif
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1131415161722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll