d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Uber Wolf Druid Guide
Prev11213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 3 2011 08:21pm
What is the cube recipe to Up the ribcracker? --sorry, I know i'm a noob.
Gold: 50.00
Sep 12 2011 04:36pm
Bump
Gold: 10.98
Sep 12 2011 04:39pm
Why doesn't the build have a shako? tut tut
Gold: 719.00
Oct 24 2011 12:16am
Quote (xHusky @ Sep 12 2011 03:39pm)
Why doesn't the build have a shako? tut tut

you will gain more from Jalal's
Gold: 1,030.00
Oct 26 2011 09:16pm
Read through everyones Pros and Cons...decided to make this druid out of curiosity. I'll give you my opinions when I start getting better gear to attempt ubers.
Gold: 4,650.00
Nov 8 2011 10:03am
wow 14 pages of bashing lol.... that was a long yet entertaining read.
Gold: 4.10
Nov 14 2011 05:32am
so i decided to ask if this particualr setup would work

oh ya one thing i'd like to know about furry that seems to always escape me *never really tested it out*. is furry like zeal that hits all adjacent targets, 5 hits divided among them ???. or is it all 5 on the target itself.

wep - eth ribcracker
shield - none
wep 2 - life tap wand
shield 2 - any good block low str/dex req *such as a whitstans* 20-30+ with no excess in dex is still better survival then no shield, probably toss a shael in there*
helm - jallals *um'd or 15 res jewel*
boots - gores
belt - tgods *maby SoE or dungo's for mini ubers*
ring 1 - raven
ring 2 - dwarf/raven *whisp if i can get one but a 15 res ring would do as well
ammy - highlords *iratha's ammy for lilith*
prebuff armor *prebuff treachery, helpful for the res's before mephy, maby prebuff venom before putting main armor on*
primary armor - smoke or gloom.

inventory *varies* -
5 15 res all gc's *or 4 15 res all gc's with some 11 lr's
1 11 light res sc

res's inven varies for this reason

primary resistances *30 anya + 45/50 *smoke/gloom* + 45 jallals = 115 which isn't enough for 75 even without anything else. add in 4 15 res gc's for 60 res all and that's 75 base without anything else which is good enough. *1 less if i get a 15 res ring instead of whisp/raven/dwarf*. add in 1 11 res sc to go with the 10 max lr on tgods.

65 res all prebuff on treachery makes mephy's convic only cut you by 60 res all, so you'd be 15 base to all elements, 30 light res from highlords, and say 4 11 res all sc's is 64 light res, brinign you to 84 for mephy. but i'd say take out 1 of thsoe 11 res sc's for a 15 res gc *or anni/torch but those are either pricy or ur ubering do it without a torch*

essentially i'm trying to hit 30-40 res all with 84 light res under mephy's convic. 15 res all may be fine if i just get 11 light res sc's since i'll have far higher hp then my smiter does so i can take the extra little hits. so long as my lr is high enough with tgods/raven to deal with mephy's elemental attacks.

This post was edited by cyborgtemplar on Nov 14 2011 05:34am
Gold: 21.00
Nov 26 2011 07:22am
Quote (pensfanlf @ Aug 4 2011 01:08am)
The Uber Wolf
In this guide
1. Description
2. Goal
3. Gear
4. Skills
5. Stats
6. Prebuffing
7. Strategy

Description:
This build is simply less expensive compared to a smiter, and if you follow it, quicker than a smiter in ubers. From my experience with smiters and with my uberwolf, the uberwolf was 5x times faster, and about half the cost.

Goal:
We want to be able to reach 5k damage with fury, and have about 5k life, without a torch being used, we also want as much fhr, cb, ow, ll, res and ds. But the ultimate goal, is to uber solo, which is achievable.
http://i55.tinypic.com/nwj6n8.jpg

Gear:
There aren’t many variant gear choices here, in most cases, the best item is also the cheapest

***Weapon:Ohm’d Up’d Ribcracker
it’s the best from my experience, explained below

Shield: No shield is needed as Ribcraker is 2handed(staff)

Armor: CoH
I use a wire fleece, really anything that gets you over 800def is good (keep strength req down though)
Gives you res, +2 skills, damage to demons, damage to undead, +more

Head: Um’d Jalal’s
best s/s druid helm, fhr and res + the skills

Gloves: Draculs Grasp
best you can get, ow & ll

Boots: Gore Riders
cb, ds, ow

***Belt: verdungos & thunder gods
Dungos gives you some pretty useful mods life rep, vitality, fhr and damage reduction

Amulet: Highlord's
gets light res +1 skill and ias

Ring1: Ravenfrost
good ar and dex

***Ring2: ravenfrost & wisp & carrion

Switch: Cta + Spirit

***No Torch
Anni
x9 s/s GCs

This is how your set-up should look like
http://i53.tinypic.com/23lgrvq.jpg

you will have to switch on tgods and 1 wisp for mephisto and you have to switch off a raven for carrion against lilith, the gears res by itself just isn’t enough for specific  elements, but if you switch to the right res/sorb it fixes this problem, you MUST keep one raven on at all times!

You will not be using a torch for the fact that it is not necessary and it leaves room for the unidentified torch

The reason why I find ribcracker>etomb is that it has more of the stuff we are looking for, you are getting 50% more crushing blow & 50%fhr

Skills:
20 Werewolf
20 Lycanthropy
20 Fury
20 Oak Sage
1 Carrion Vine
1 into all of cyclone armor synergies
Rest into cyclone armor

Carrion vine will give you replenished life for each corpse it eats, and this is benifited by the fact that fury is like zeal, killing monsters you aren’t even targeting and giving you health
Werewolf and lycanthropy are obvious, you need to transform and lycanthropy gives bonuses
Oak sage gives you a lot of extra life, which helps you

Stats:
Strength-base enough for gear
Dexterity-none
Vitality-Rest
Energy-none

I don’t like glitching strength because my ribcracker poofed once while glitching on ladder, but its your choice
One raven is enough to get ribcracker on, and raven doesn’t require anything but level req
Every last stat point in here can help a lot, because of the fact that bo is upping your life a lot and wolf form too
Mana is only a problem with manaburn, which is gonna affect you either way, health is more important

Prebuffing:
this can be tricky, but I’ve found that there is only one way to do this. As you will not gain any skills from ribcracker, you will use spirit/CTA to cast cyclone armor, summons & transforming
heres what you do
1. start in human form
2. cast bc then bo
3. cast spirit & vine
4. cast bo again for your spirit
5. transform into wolf
6. switch to ribcracker

Left click-Fury

Right click
F1-bc
F2-bo
F3-cyclone armor
F4-carrion vine
F5-oak sage
F6-Werewolf
F7-Tps

I organized them like that for easy casting while prebuffing

Strategy:
I don’t usually have a strategy while doing ubers, I go in the portal an kill the first uber I see, but killing mephisto first really helps keep the monsters to a minimum, killing baal next can shorten the time frame in certain cases, the longer you leave him the longer he has to clone himself.
Killing is easy, just prebuff, go in, namelock and wait til they die, then move to the next uber.
For Mini-Ubers, it is extremely easy, as your main skill fury, is similar to zeal, and will kill mobs quickly.

Hope this guide helps, and if you don’t like him, its an easy switch to a smiter (even though I prefer this)

Time Frames:
Uber Duriel: 30secs-1min
Lilith: 40secs-1:30mins
Uber Izual:15secs-30secs (easiest)
Uber Diablo:1min-1:30mins
Uber Mephisto:15secs-1:30mins
Uber Baal:45secs-1:20mins

The way I have done this is from first hit to last hit
I have put my fastest time to my slowest time
Uber Mephisto was killed in 15secs because I think the game got lagged and glitched somehow, his health went down unusually quick and I wouldn’t guarantee this kind of speed, these are also estimated times by a friend in game who timed (he was not helping)

any question please let me know
i know i reposted this guide but its edited and better

I would like to bring my results in here! I did that fury druid with your guide and tried UT and I have to say that it is not impossible but kind of hard to handle! If not possible to seperate the bosses it's extremly hard to hit baal or dia if there are
a lot of mobs around. So if this situation appears, i can hardly handle it my own! cause even if i can get to baal or diablo, fury will hit several enemies instead of only baal or dia, which does not help when trying to kill an uber!^^
Especially not funny because some mobs are phys-immune and i'm not able to kill them!
So i think i will not ube solo, to unsafe. but i will give it some more tries! ;-)

Also, i never had a chane to hit of 95%! don't know how you got that! especially if i compare my fury with yours! (look at the screenshots after, think mine is better and still don't have more then let's say 81 to 84% chance to hit!)
also the resistances are not max at my druid (you'll see at the picture) So i really wonder how you got max res (if with sc's why not mentioned, if not, maybe took screen on norm game?!?^^)

Anyway, it is a funny build, but you have to do ubers solo carefully or just don't do it solo^^
So just to let people know who want to do the build. It is nice, and fun, but never comparable with smiter, that's for sure!

so here the pictures of my druid. It's german version that's why i have explenations of my items on screen. ;-)

So as you can see, I have more dmg, more AR and similar Life as your druid. even if i have lower level, and less stat points set into vita! ;-) and still, not having 95% chance to hit, i looked at lilith per example and hat about 81% chance max!
and as you can see, the resistances are not 75 (I guess you took your char screen on norm game or forgot to mention that you use res sc's)

Here is my Item section with descriptions.

If any questions or sth else, just pm me =)
Hope this helps people a litte before trying the build. Maybe I try some other gears and if something works quite well i will inform here =)

cheers masta

This post was edited by masta_chief on Nov 26 2011 07:25am
Gold: 264.00
Dec 14 2011 03:11pm
damn why is everyone hating on this poor guy so bad. I think its a fun way to try something new..
obviously smiters are the best uber runners, but damn bro i give you props for putting up something new.
im having fun playing through the game with this build.
Gold: 9.50
Dec 25 2011 06:44am
I am going to give this one a go as well. I have a mid lvl windy which i kinda hate, so ill respec it. I loved reading through the thread, some people are just being ignorant :).

I have a 1 pt smiter as well, with most of the gear one should have, so i have something to compare it with.

If it works ill let you know, if it doesn't i will let you know as well, but -like the other dutch bloke in the beginning of this thread- i will just try to be objective and honest.

Wow thats a lot of text typed on a bb..finger cramps so thats all from me..
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev11213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll