d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Adjutant's Pvp Aura/smite Hybrid
Prev1121314151622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Feb 1 2008 07:20pm
wow i just noticed there were 13 pages lol
Gold: 1.00
Feb 13 2008 07:48pm
update on conviction's effect on defense:

against pally's with holy shield, it will barely touch the defense because it only lowers the ED%, not total defense

however, against a char without edef%, it will drop their defense HUGE

for example, a trap sin I was just dueling against, dropped from 1345 to 68 defense.

so, against holy shield (or barbs), use fanat when trying to land a charge. against everything else, conviction will give you close to 95% chance to hit
Feb 16 2008 11:47am
nec defense: 1.5k (without conv) - 93 (with conv)
Gold: 22,340.27
Feb 16 2008 04:07pm
Quote (adjutant @ Thu, Jan 31 2008, 09:46am)
Just a little update on dueling strategy.

vs. a V/T, you're actually pretty likely to outconvict them (unlike what I said in the guide). Continue walking away from them if they're trying to charge into smite, use holy freeze and charge away if they're getting close to landing. As soon as they stop to foh, make sure you have conviction on and charge in. Their defense is much much lower than a smiter and they're very vulnerable when foh'ing. I often chop off about half of a v/t's life when I charge during a foh. This evens the playing field enough that you can smite v smite until they're dead.

vs a vt u will out convict them but them but they can use foh+salvation and outdmg ure shock+convict. therefore they will not charge into u but instead wait for u to come in and smite. smite vs smite a vt will have over 3k+ on screen smite and good ones will go to 5k hp so definitely no hope vs good vts. here some calculations

ure pulses deals an avg of 450dmg/6pvp=75dmg per pulse, conviction vs salvation with good gear will still result in 75% resists so ure pulses will deal 18dmg a pulse
foh can deal 4.4k after smite is fully synergized/6pvp=733dmg per foh even if u put ure light resists aura on having 95% resists u still take 37dmg per foh

vt will have 3.1-3.2 onscreen dmg smite which will definitely be higher than ure hybrid, their hp will definitely be higher than ure hp, their dr will definitely be higher than ure dr so as i see it there is absolutely no chance

also to add about ure charging in during foh just for me i foh with the same equip as i smite with which is grief+hoz so i dunno how i am more vulnerable when i foh same dr same block and i can switch to smite once i see u charge in

This post was edited by XpLiCiTs on Feb 16 2008 04:10pm
Feb 16 2008 07:59pm
Quote (XpLiCiTs @ Sat, Feb 16 2008, 04:07pm)
vs a vt u will out convict them but them but they can use foh+salvation and outdmg ure shock+convict. therefore they will not charge into u but instead wait for u to come in and smite. smite vs smite a vt will have over 3k+ on screen smite and good ones will go to 5k hp so definitely no hope vs good vts. here some calculations

ure pulses deals an avg of 450dmg/6pvp=75dmg per pulse, conviction vs salvation with good gear will still result in 75% resists so ure pulses will deal 18dmg a pulse
foh can deal 4.4k after smite is fully synergized/6pvp=733dmg per foh even if u put ure light resists aura on having 95% resists u still take 37dmg per foh

vt will have 3.1-3.2 onscreen dmg smite which will definitely be higher than ure hybrid, their hp will definitely be higher than ure hp, their dr will definitely be higher than ure dr so as i see it there is absolutely no chance

also to add about ure charging in during foh just for me i foh with the same equip as i smite with which is grief+hoz so i dunno how i am more vulnerable when i foh same dr same block and i can switch to smite once i see u charge in

Good points but not quite what I meant. The goal is to wait for them to foh then charge in, not just try to bleed them. Also, as far as keeping max resists under conviction, you'd need 50 lite res stacked over max. Some V/T's do but most don't have that much stacked res. The big thing about outconvicting them is that they can't really hurt you with FoH (though they won't always realize this, especially in pub duels). It's a great chance to namelock and charge in, I usually get 1-2 hits before they recover and start smiting. It gives you enough of a head start to win the smite battle. And yeah, I've mentioned a couple times that you can't win smite v smite with a good v/t smile.gif If they're good they'll just namelock charge you with fana. If they land a charge you'll be stunned and they'll have a decent shot at landing a smite. If you can keep charging away with conviction on your pulses will slowly drain them. Many will get impatient and try to foh as they're used to doing against other opponents that run. Anytime they foh, and you're close enough, charge them. The cast delay on foh is what makes it a good opportunity.

Yes, V/T's have higher smite damage. No, V/T's don't definitely have higher hitpoints. @4.5k life I have more hp than most v/t's I face. Their dr is usually higher, but it depends on the gear they're wearing.

If you're on escl I'd be happy to meet up in game to show you what I mean.

Thanks for the post
Gold: 0.00
Feb 16 2008 09:06pm
Very good guide man , evrything's on it!!! awesome congrats , you should put that auradin in the trophy room wink.gif
Feb 16 2008 09:07pm
Quote (OuchZor @ Sat, Feb 16 2008, 09:06pm)
Very good guide man , evrything's on it!!! awesome congrats , you should put that auradin in the trophy room wink.gif

Thanks man smile.gif

I'd post it in trophy room but I'd prob just get flamed for posting runewords wink.gif
Feb 22 2008 01:28am
via pm:
Quote (sonyblazed25 @ Fri, Feb 22 2008, 01:23am)
hey i was thinking of making this dude, but you think theres anyway to incorporate a doom into it?

Any lite auradin can use doom as a weapon, it'll slow down your opponent but it's also Bm. bm'ing aside, the chars that you'd want slow against (ww barbs, smiters etc) you need smite to kill. The only time I'd really recommend using doom is vs a chicken fire auradin who won't stop charging away from you. You could also use it on main with dream shield, and have grief + hoz on switch (if you don't mind prebuffing).
Gold: 1.50
Feb 22 2008 01:54am
I play a pure telesmiter, and I do believe you've probably seen my smiter. In my opinion pure smite/telesmite > this build. I could see this being helpful for druids as it would eliminate wolves, and it might make zons easier. But in general I'll take my telesmiter with massive stacked resists and 75% fcr.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 50%
Feb 22 2008 02:04am
I like the look of it, really, I do. I might consider making one, as I'm looking for a fun char to make.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1121314151622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll