d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Zealot > Repost With Slight Changes
Prev11211221231241251471Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.00
Dec 23 2009 10:03pm
Bump
Gold: 2,000.00
Dec 24 2009 12:28am
Quote (Irresistable @ Dec 23 2009 07:29am)
just wondering... if theres a vaild build for Zeal Vs All /w maxRes /w still decent aR.
srry i am more of a caster and hybrid user... never really made a pure melee char... thats to plain.
pm me if anyone knows one (;

Yeah there is. For ar you only need around 10k and you'll be fine against most besides high def smiters/hdins but you would smite them anyway (unless the hdin doesn't cast hs in which case it's an ezpk after 1 zeal) so ar doesn't matter vs those either. I tend to use this setup in pubs in vs all so you need high/stacked res, high dr, decent def (for the random bvcs which are free kills for a zealot anyway) and good life.

There are plenty of diff setups but the one I used the most on my zealot "Telezeal" (even though I didn't do telezeal much :) )

ber/ber pcoa
eth fort
upd hoz
verdungos
highlords
raven
godly melee ring w/ res/life
steelrends
godly duped boots / gores or travs if you want more pure dmg
p grief pb

Now inventory is where you need some res/life charms to make sure you have good enough stacked res. I used around 20x 32020s, with rest 20/11s and 20/5s with other 20/11s for each element in stash if I really wanted to stack vs them along with the usual sorb if I wanted to bm (since it's pubs anyway so i did that a lot :) )

Strat is pretty simple just charge then zeal.

Vs smiters try to outsmite them and surprisingly if you get a few hits before they do you'll beat a pure smiter np with a zealot and lvl 1 smite. Although good smiters will (and should) beat you every time but we are talking about pubs so don't be scared of the majority of smiters since they're garbage. If that doesn't work go get a bone nec and you'll rape them np.

Vs windies it's nice to have to have tap and most pub windies use wolves so you just leach all your life back right away so they aren't even an issue most of the time. They might qq about tap but you're a zealot so who cares :)

Mb necs just s/e and get a diff char unless they're bad and try charge around them and hope to get an opening.

Bvc should be a free kill if you know how to duel. Do not charge into their ww or you'll lose every time unless they're terrible. Predict where they're wwing and try to get in front of it and even if it's short whirls you'll be able to. It creates long duels and if you mess up a charge at all they can take advantage of it if they're good and take out a good chunk of your life. But vs a lot of pub bvcs you can even just tank them and win easily just the good ones you actually need to think. If they're a widowbarb just lol and 6-0 them.

hdins all I have to say is gl. You won't beat a good hdin on a zealot unless they really mess up or you get a lucky zeal in (which happens sometimes)

Vita casters aren't much of an issue tbh unless they're really good although I haven't seen to many "good" vita casters in pubs and majority of the ones I see are mb.

Mb casters are harder for obvious reasons but just charge smart and predict where they're going and hope they don't block all your zeals.

Quote (sh3pherd @ Dec 23 2009 11:03pm)
Bump

:)

This post was edited by dark-soul on Dec 24 2009 12:34am
Dec 24 2009 01:44am
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=659219

Lol he got owned again. What's that his 3rd multi? Gds.
Gold: 3.00
Dec 24 2009 01:46am
hmm good guide i prefer wack jams but this is ok 10/10
Dec 24 2009 01:47am
Quote (franek @ Dec 24 2009 02:46am)
hmm good guide i prefer wack jams but this is ok 10/10

No guide can live up to that one though :)
Gold: 617.15
Dec 24 2009 04:31am
Quote (dark-soul @ Dec 24 2009 06:28am)
Yeah there is. For ar you only need around 10k and you'll be fine against most besides high def smiters/hdins but you would smite them anyway (unless the hdin doesn't cast hs in which case it's an ezpk after 1 zeal) so ar doesn't matter vs those either. I tend to use this setup in pubs in vs all so you need high/stacked res, high dr, decent def (for the random bvcs which are free kills for a zealot anyway) and good life.

There are plenty of diff setups but the one I used the most on my zealot "Telezeal" (even though I didn't do telezeal much :) )

ber/ber pcoa
eth fort
upd hoz
verdungos
highlords
raven
godly melee ring w/ res/life
steelrends
godly duped boots / gores or travs if you want more pure dmg
p grief pb

Now inventory is where you need some res/life charms to make sure you have good enough stacked res. I used around 20x 32020s, with rest 20/11s and 20/5s with other 20/11s for each element in stash if I really wanted to stack vs them along with the usual sorb if I wanted to bm (since it's pubs anyway so i did that a lot :) )

Strat is pretty simple just charge then zeal.

Vs smiters try to outsmite them and surprisingly if you get a few hits before they do you'll beat a pure smiter np with a zealot and lvl 1 smite. Although good smiters will (and should) beat you every time but we are talking about pubs so don't be scared of the majority of smiters since they're garbage. If that doesn't work go get a bone nec and you'll rape them np.

Vs windies it's nice to have to have tap and most pub windies use wolves so you just leach all your life back right away so they aren't even an issue most of the time. They might qq about tap but you're a zealot so who cares :)

Mb necs just s/e and get a diff char unless they're bad and try charge around them and hope to get an opening.

Bvc should be a free kill if you know how to duel. Do not charge into their ww or you'll lose every time unless they're terrible. Predict where they're wwing and try to get in front of it and even if it's short whirls you'll be able to. It creates long duels and if you mess up a charge at all they can take advantage of it if they're good and take out a good chunk of your life. But vs a lot of pub bvcs you can even just tank them and win easily just the good ones you actually need to think. If they're a widowbarb just lol and 6-0 them.

hdins all I have to say is gl. You won't beat a good hdin on a zealot unless they really mess up or you get a lucky zeal in (which happens sometimes)

Vita casters aren't much of an issue tbh unless they're really good although I haven't seen to many "good" vita casters in pubs and majority of the ones I see are mb.

Mb casters are harder for obvious reasons but just charge smart and predict where they're going and hope they don't block all your zeals.

:)

hey I just finished my public zealer vs all though do melee duels sometimes but mayby not that gm..

also fixed his ar.. alot better now

I bin testing around with phoenix and the firestorm never seem to be a problem only last about 0.5 sec... and it gave me the upper hand in zeal vs zeal couse when I got a deadly strike they died 1 hit sometimes..
Gold: 333.94
Warn: 100%
Dec 24 2009 04:32am
Quote (haloneya @ Dec 24 2009 11:31am)
hey I just finished my public zealer vs all though do melee duels sometimes but mayby not that gm..

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6682/screenshot135n.jpg

I bin testing around with phoenix and the firestorm never seem to be a problem only last about 0.5 sec... and it gave me the upper hand in zeal vs zeal couse when I got a deadly strike they died 1 hit sometimes..

U know u dont get any extra for more "X"s in the char name ??
Dec 24 2009 04:35am
Quote (whookash @ Dec 24 2009 10:32am)
U know u dont get any extra for more "X"s in the char name ??

haha I knew people would notice it thats why I did it
Dec 24 2009 04:37am
Quote (haloneya @ Dec 24 2009 05:31am)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6682/screenshot135n.jpg

Nice looks good :)

As for the phoenix interrupting zeal thing. It's more of an issue in pvm where the delay really hurts your damage over time but in pvp when it's maybe 1-2 zeals at a time it doesn't really change much. And yeah the ds with huge damage is great in pub pvp but in gm melee it's not a viable option because of the terrible block rate. I've dueled some zealots who tried using it and I never died to them. But that's for gm melee, pub melee is different and pub pvp phoenix is a very viable option.
Dec 24 2009 04:41am
Quote (dark-soul @ Dec 24 2009 10:37am)
Nice looks good :)

As for the phoenix interrupting zeal thing. It's more of an issue in pvm where the delay really hurts your damage over time but in pvp when it's maybe 1-2 zeals at a time it doesn't really change much. And yeah the ds with huge damage is great in pub pvp but in gm melee it's not a viable option because of the terrible block rate. I've dueled some zealots who tried using it and I never died to them. But that's for gm melee, pub melee is different and pub pvp phoenix is a very viable option.

is the block rate really that good? well exile has it.. though life tap bm east ladder.. hm well I never really notice anything while dueling either zealers conc fury druid..

now the only melee dueler I hat problems with was this nasty bvb... a ww barb max block 30k ar 40k defence.. 5.5k life.. no chance at all
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev11211221231241251471Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll