d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Comprehensive Guide To Assassins > updated, version 2.0
Prev1111213141525Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.37
Warn: 100%
Jul 11 2007 09:30am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 18:20)
You don't know how venom damage is calculated if you think lvl 37 venom adds 900 to a sin.  Duration, trangs gloves, char screen, LOL you don't know that yet?  Wow...

Secondly, are you even serious with the life question?  For every Shadow GC you wear, I wear 3 x 3/16+ / 20 life sc's.  You'd have to be a moron not to realize that i'll have WAY more life.

Attack rating is the same thing.  sc's add more then shadow gc's do.

Again, more Damage, more Attack Rating, and More life, while still hitting all the exact same breakpoints.  EZ

ok first off, I didn't bother calculating trang gloves NOR duration since those both will have exact same effect on both of us. 37 venom alone adds 990 damage, period.

ahah, ofc, forgot the scs.. no shadow skillers then.. but those scs will not add that much more damage. How much will you have life? 4,3k? You haven't told that yet.

Anyway, that life can be gained from gear. but ok, ar you'll have more due to the scs. it still doesn't matter much since there are only 2 characters you need ar for and I can easily overcome that with gear changes.

so in the end, we stand with difference of 3k? ar, probably none with life (ok, I'll be generous, I'll grant you 300 more life) and TOPS 500 more damage for you.

what you lose? everything that needs shadow skills... venom, claw block, mind blast, shadow master, fade. particulary; 9 skills into each of them.

Like I said before, physical damage sins just are inferior to ghosts. Sure, they work but they need loads of prebuff before matching ghost.

edit: same breakpoints ofc being 9 fpa trap, 50dr, 65 fcr, 30-86 fhr, 4 fpa ww?

This post was edited by The Rain on Jul 11 2007 09:32am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 11 2007 09:49am
Ignorant much? More Damage, More attack rating, And More life, 59% weapon block, 50% Dr, 9 frame trap placing, 65% Fcr, 86% Fhr. Pls tell me how this isn't blatently obvious. The ONLY thing my sin loses to yours is 7 levels of mind blast. But the damage difference is massive and even bigger when you factor in that my deadly strike is taken off a physical number double that of yours. The fury is over 100% deadly strike of course, and the chaos is also over 50% deadly and crit. The attack rating boost is big too, and 250-300 more life is no small amount. We are talking about HUGE differences here, not small ones. It's not like it can go either way, it's a land slide.

But instead of arguing with me and looking like a fool for not seeing the obvious, why don't you just take some time to yourself and make your perfect venom based ghost sin on SP, and then make a physical damage sin like mine and compare the two. You'll see it clear as day if you do that. And then, you will finally realize that you and the rest of the "guide" writers on forum have been regurgitating all the same old information over and over from the inventor of the build Kodachi and his completely outdated guide. Get with the times man, venom based ghost sins have been squashed years ago by a superior build, why are you still playing in the past with your pure venom sin?

Arguing with you about this is probably equally as frustrating as when Ghost sin users used to argue with bramble sin users about what is better LOL. Just like then, Ghost > Bramble, and Phys Ghost > Venom based Ghost, PERIOD smile.gif
Gold: 260.00
Jul 11 2007 09:54am
Quote (The Rain @ Wed, Jul 11 2007, 11:30am)
You don't know how venom damage is calculated if you think lvl 37 venom adds 900 to a sin.  Duration, trangs gloves, char screen, LOL you don't know that yet?  Wow...

Secondly, are you even serious with the life question?  For every Shadow GC you wear, I wear 3 x 3/16+ / 20 life sc's.  You'd have to be a moron not to realize that i'll have WAY more life.

Again, more Damage, more Attack Rating, and More life, while still hitting all the exact same breakpoints.  EZ

ok first off, I didn't bother calculating trang gloves NOR duration since those both will have exact same effect on both of us. 37 venom alone adds 990 damage, period.

ahah, ofc, forgot the scs.. no shadow skillers then.. but those scs will not add that much more damage. How much will you have life? 4,3k? You haven't told that yet.

Anyway, that life can be gained from gear. but ok, ar you'll have more due to the scs. it still doesn't matter much since there are only 2 characters you need ar for and I can easily overcome that with gear changes.

so in the end, we stand with difference of 3k? ar, probably none with life (ok, I'll be generous, I'll grant you 300 more life) and TOPS 500 more damage for you.

what you lose? everything that needs shadow skills... venom, claw block, mind blast, shadow master, fade. particulary; 9 skills into each of them.

Like I said before, physical damage sins just are inferior to ghosts. Sure, they work but they need loads of prebuff before matching ghost.

so instead of estimating how about you give us some calculations , else you look like you dont know what you talking about.
you need ar vs barbs/smiters/zealots/hammerdin thats more than 2 shars.
you copy pasted very succesfully but failed at explainig stuf due to slow brain and lack of elementary math skills.

This post was edited by mainaman on Jul 11 2007 09:55am
Jul 11 2007 09:58am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 18:49)
Ignorant much?  More Damage, More attack rating, And More life, 59% weapon block, 50% Dr, 9 frame trap placing, 65% Fcr, 86% Fhr.  Pls tell me how this isn't blatently obvious.  The ONLY thing my sin loses to yours is 7 levels of mind blast.  But the damage difference is massive and even bigger when you factor in that my deadly strike is taken off a physical number double that of yours.  The fury is over 100% deadly strike of course, and the chaos is also over 50% deadly and crit.  The attack rating boost is big too, and 250-300 more life is no small amount.  We are talking about HUGE differences here, not small ones.  It's not like it can go either way, it's a land slide.

But instead of arguing with me and looking like a fool for not seeing the obvious, why don't you just take some time to yourself and make your perfect venom based ghost sin on SP, and then make a physical damage sin like mine and compare the two.  You'll see it clear as day if you do that.  And then, you will finally realize that you and the rest of the "guide" writers on forum have been regurgitating all the same old information over and over from the inventor of the build Kodachi and his completely outdated guide.  Get with the times man, venom based ghost sins have been squashed years ago by a superior build, why are you still playing in the past with your pure venom sin?

Arguing with you about this is probably equally as frustrating as when Ghost sin users used to argue with bramble sin users about what is better LOL.  Just like then, Ghost > Bramble, and Phys Ghost > Venom based Ghost, PERIOD  smile.gif

I don't see you getting 59% claw block without wasting valuable points into it. I don't also see you getting 50%dr without sacrificing important gear OR PREBUFFING.

prebuff is totally different here, your stats WITHOUT ANY PREBUFF are? thought so.

You will NOT be as effective as ghost, due to ghost ofc, having more skill points to spare (yours go into claw block, tsk) thus having more damaging traps AND mind blast. That alone will more than compensate over the loss of ar and life. (damage will still be pretty much the same)

your sin is just prebuff paradise.
Jul 11 2007 10:00am
More damaging traps? WTF are you talking about. This is a GHOST sin, not a hybrid. LOLS did you really think that.... Oh my God smile.gif
Jul 11 2007 10:01am
Quote (mainaman @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 18:54)
Quote (The Rain @ Wed, Jul 11 2007, 11:30am)

so instead of estimating how about you give us some calculations , else you look like you dont know what you talking about.
you need ar vs barbs/smiters/zealots/hammerdin thats more than 2 shars.
you copy pasted very succesfully but failed at explainig stuf due to slow brain and lack of elementary math skills.

since when, mister "remedial" you have calculated anything? huh? so, according to you, grief doesn't have higher average damage than botd.. our master of mathemathics has spoken! hail!
second, all those are just barbarians/paladins. THAT is 2 characters (read, characters, not classes - dipshit)

I don't need to copypaste anything, because I, on the contrary of you, am smart enough.
Jul 11 2007 10:02am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 19:00)
More damaging traps?  WTF are you talking about.  This is a GHOST sin, not a hybrid.  LOLS did you really think that.... Oh my God  smile.gif

my excess points (which i, unlike you, have) will go to traps, thus I'll have more damaging traps aiding me. Plus, since they damage more, they stun easier. Possibly even without mind blast.
Jul 11 2007 10:04am
You are actually saying, that 10 or so points into traps will have an effect? Please tell me you didn't just say that shit...
Jul 11 2007 10:05am
Quote (Trae8 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2007, 19:04)
You are actually saying, that 10 or so points into traps will have an effect?  Please tell me you didn't just say that shit...

you are actually saying that 500 more damage has any effect?

ed: and you forget mind blast. 300 damage instead of 100 is tremendous change in a skill that is so often used.

This post was edited by The Rain on Jul 11 2007 10:06am
Banned
Gold: 147.01
Warn: 60%
Jul 11 2007 10:15am
SM uses Mb more often with no shadow gcs.

ghosts with max/ar/life inv can be really good, and with the right inv and highlords, do great damage while maintaining +- same stats as shadow gc based ghost.

If i were building a ghost again, I definitly play it with max/life sc's. ghost got enough spare skill points to balance the loss of +shadow skills.

i still find shadow gc's useful. maybe i would get a mix of gcs and scs to reach certain breakpoints or so.

PS: why you both rage so much?happy.gif

This post was edited by Skully. on Jul 11 2007 10:16am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1111213141525Next
Closed New Topic New Poll