d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Real Zeal Sorc :) > Has finally arrived!
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,496.00
Nov 21 2007 06:08am
kinda interesting, but i dont think so, that it would be too efficient...
Gold: 4,365.11
Nov 21 2007 06:14am
nice dmg
Gold: 160.00
Dec 23 2007 09:50pm
i saw one with 94k on diablo3.com

not sure what it did tho

i was told that lightning mastery effects dream, is that true?

if so pm me please
Gold: 2,685.75
Dec 23 2007 09:51pm
Quote (bbsamman @ Sun, Dec 23 2007, 10:50pm)
i saw one with 94k on diablo3.com

not sure what it did tho

i was told that lightning mastery effects dream, is that true?

if so pm me please

yes light mastery effects dream.....thats why theres 60k damage.

Quote (keni @ Mon, Nov 6 2006, 01:35pm)
I disagree with most of the builds. First of all, PvP Melee Sorcs need to have a bit of FCR in order to catch and hit people.

Personally, I'd substitue Magefist + Arachs for IK for 40% FCR Breakpoint and +skills (more damage), and more mana. I'd also pump Energy Shield before I pump Fire Mastery. Having 95% ES is essential, since this build is base vitality.

Or, since you are already listing 70/15's as small charms, I might as well suggest using Wiz gloves for insane FCR/mana boost. (+arachs give 65% fcr bp)

Keeping one Raven Frost on permanently would be a better choice, IMO, because you get 10 extra dex and then mandatory CNBF.

Overall this build lacks practicality, espeially how it requires 5 minutes of perbuffing before every fight, considering this character does not stand a very great chance in pub duel games.

Quote (Jaquiezz @ Mon, Aug 6 2007, 10:02pm)
This is a very good char. This particular build however is very very very below average. You mention no break points, nor do you even know what they are. You have 0 fcr. Thats right, 0. I could stop there with tearing apart this build, but I'll go on so you can improve it.

You don't even know how much IAS you need for zeal, nor what your max attack speed is. l. You recommend 85 IAS, huge over kill. I can't recall the exact number, but with a PB you need ~30-35 IAS

The armor you mention is the WORST POSSIBLE ARMOR FOR THIS BUILD. This is not a zon. This is a sorc. A vmagi or COH is a much better choice. In fact, any armor is a better choice then your current armor, no joke. You just listed the most expensive/melee oriented armor you knew, with absolutely no knowledge of this build.

FHR bps? FCR bp's? No mention of them, or which ones this build reaches. 0 fcr, and some fhr, but only because of dream.

Walks are mediocre for this build. Treks are easily better. They give 15 str, which is the same as walks 15 dex, vit a little less then walks life, FHR and most importantly poison res. Your build hugely lacks on res, only has it on the dreams. This means poison will rape you and your ES build. Treks help take the edge off that big time. Treks>>>>>>>>>>>>>Walks any day.

Static maybe? If your going to be PvM, I think one point in static is well worth it...

As far as skills not mattering, your completely wrong. Skills help this sorc just as much as any other. Skills give more light/fire damage with masteries, better enchant, better mana regen, better ES, better zeal, better everything. The only skill that doesn't benefit from +skills is TK, the rest all get a nice bonus from +skills. Thats quite a few skills that can stand to be boosted.

There are many more things wrong with the build, but its late, I'm tired, and you get the drift. In the future, do some real research before you make a guide.

EDIT: didn't even notice, but I already said how crappy this guide was. Musta been a while ago. O well, you didn't even notice last time.

This post was edited by WhiteKnightmare on Dec 23 2007 09:52pm
Dec 23 2007 09:54pm
thanks a bundle

how do u think a sorc similer to this but with a widowmaker instead of that passion and dream would be? dmg would be considerably less but it would have guided arrow so u could tele around with massive ias and own stuff

jewelry would b different as well

i'd try to get a fletch for it and 2x gg fcr rings instead of angelics

This post was edited by bbsamman on Dec 23 2007 09:58pm
Dec 23 2007 09:57pm
Quote (bbsamman @ Sun, Dec 23 2007, 10:54pm)
thanks a bundle

how do u think a sorc similer to this but with a widowmaker instead of that passion and dream would be? dmg would be considerably less but it would have guided arrow so u could tele around with massive ias and own stuff

i've actually made one of these... they're actually pretty decent, i went with pur damage gear..(dragon armor, dream helm, magefist, 2x soj, arach, treks), but it was a pretty bad build, had very little IAS. That's why i gave up on the build lol... if you can make a high dmg + high ias widow sorc...go for it! also, look at my zeal sorc guide tongue.gif much more relevant and effective as a zeal sorc.
Dec 23 2007 10:03pm
dragon armor was a bad choice, i'd say 60 res/60 ias armor with life would be the best for a widow build, tho i think it's not that great for zealer sorc

shael the widow, u wont need open wounds or deadly seeing how u'll have like 20-30k bow dmg

i'm thinking i'm going perm if i do the build so my inventory would be 9x light gc's for light mastery torch anni and 10x small 100/20 lifers

ya u need fcr badly in thei build to stay away from stuff i am thinking 2x 10% fcr rings mages fletch arach, thats only 60% tho, still 2 low, but i use tmc so thats no big deal

i was told that auto aim was required for this build, that true? i'm thinking no b/c u use guided

if i really wanted to get creative i could bo prebuff and then put passion and dream on switch for when some1 gets right on top of me

i think personally zeal/widow would b pritty godly

wheres your guide? gimmi a link
Dec 23 2007 10:06pm
Quote (bbsamman @ Sun, Dec 23 2007, 11:03pm)
dragon armor was a bad choice, i'd say 60 res/60 ias armor with life would be the best for a widow build, tho i think it's not that great for zealer sorc

shael the widow, u wont need open wounds or deadly seeing how u'll have like 20-30k bow dmg

i'm thinking i'm going perm if i do the build so my inventory would be 9x light gc's for light mastery torch anni and 10x small 100/20 lifers

ya u need fcr badly in thei build to stay away from stuff i am thinking 2x 10% fcr rings mages fletch arach, thats only 60% tho, still 2 low, but i use tmc so thats no big deal

i was told that auto aim was required for this build, that true? i'm thinking no b/c u use guided

if i really wanted to get creative i could bo prebuff and then put passion and dream on switch for when some1 gets right on top of me

i think personally zeal/widow would b pritty godly

wheres your guide? gimmi a link

yeah i know dragon was bad, when i first made it i went for pure damage instead of ias...thats why i scrapped the char...auto aim not required... when i dueled with it, i was kinda a glass cannon type build, i hid and shot from afar.....zeal + widow would be interesting combo tho, but then you wouldn't have battle orders ohmy.gif

heres an updated guide: http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=13385838&f=87
Dec 23 2007 10:07pm
yes u would, simply keep the cta and a lidless or whatever in stash, bo, and come back to stash and put passion and dream back on
Dec 23 2007 10:13pm
ya ur guide owns his, i still dont see how the guy on d3 reacned 94k pvm tho...thats massive.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll