d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Alphabetz's Infinity Lightning/nova Es Sorceress.
Prev11011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24.00
Nov 15 2009 07:28pm
Quote (Pat_Man @ Nov 15 2009 08:31am)
I used this guide and my guy sucks....50 fg down the drain

nn you suck with the character. You control her.
50fg?? It'll take a lot more than that. Lol

was gds
Gold: 15.00
Nov 16 2009 03:09pm
Quote (p00f @ 30 Aug 2009 20:14)
why do u max lightning? :o

A common thing that pople do is that they max TS and use Nova as a main attack.
I find that Lightning is more useful than TS due to the ability to shoot where ever you want. PvP is also a lot about having the ability to predict where your opponent will be next. TS obviously has the "automatic hit" but it takes many TS's to achieve the same amount of damage you deal with one Lightning.
Also, since this is an ES-build using Nova constatly will drain your Mana, one Nova is around 50 Mana so doing a lot of those will cost you. Lightning is cheaper Mana-wise.

Quote (Pat_Man @ 15 Nov 2009 14:31)

Just takes practice.
This character isn't like the Hammerdin, you have to practice to become good. :)

This post was edited by Alphabetz on Nov 16 2009 03:10pm
Gold: 115.00
Dec 2 2009 07:22pm
Quote (Pat_Man @ Nov 15 2009 01:31pm)

U used 50 fg only? ofc ur char sux >_<.

And to Alphabetz...
I generally liked the guide, read it all.
And like everyone else had mentioned: pvp strategies are a bit sloppy, I think that has been confirmed already.

However.
When ladder resets I will make this character to test it, although I've become more sceptical towards this char, after reading every single comment in the post.
You say you need 105 fcr, how can u change helm then?
20 helm
10 amu
20 arach
30 viper
20 magefist
= 100

So i believe that griffon actually would be the best choice since it awards us with 25 fcr. I've tested 3/20/2 myself on lightning sorc ofc. and yes it is MUCH higher dmg then griffon, but thing is: griffon = -25% lightning resi for hostiled too.
So you have -55% + -25% (assuming rbfd) = 80 + all the rbfs you put in forinstance in viper = 85 (don't think many ppl stack 85 over the normal res...)

A question to you:
Switch weapon?
And which skillers would you recommend for 86 fhr bp?

Last question:
Is this character still up to date and recommenable, or would you suggest another?
I'm thinking of making new char, that simply can call all classes, without trouble ofc. and I'm not determined on which I'm making yet. It seems that people who've tried these nova sorces generally aren't very satisfied, and have had lots of problems owning other players. I've been thinking of hammerdin as well, but simply too boring and typical.

And to the guy who said change frostburn and put 2x fcr rings.
Why the hell would you do that?
2x sojs = 50 % more mana
1x frostburn = 40% more mana.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Dec 6 2009 10:50am
So
which is better : 20 nova 20 ts or 20 nova 20 light ?
with 20 nova 20 ts 105 fcr is enough and we get more mana
with 20 nova 20 light 117 fcr needed.

For pubbing which is recommended?
Gold: 111.70
Jan 1 2010 04:54am
How much u have life and mana with this build? I will test this.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 26 2010 04:28am
i always thought 117fcr was the breakpoint for lightning?
correct me if im wrong

2x sojs = 50 % more mana

yes, but then you lack 10% + mana
think of the mods the ring could have

str/life/mana/life rep?

This post was edited by misnomer on Feb 26 2010 04:30am
Feb 26 2010 06:37am
Quote (LindeRKV @ 27 Jul 2008 19:45)
1) i didnt say anything about amulet
2) 3light/20fcr/2sockets tiara/diadem gives more damage than griffon
3) magefists aren't necassary .. frosts give more mana for an example .. bloodfists gives some life + much fhr .. i prefer these to mana regen since it's massive anyway

PS! I know this is your guide, sorry for different suggestions but it would be better in that way in my opinion

This build is all about reducing enemies resistances. Griffon's >
It's also pretty important in hitting the 105 fcr bp.

Quote (Alphabetz @ 27 Jul 2008 12:18)
I would not trade in Magefists for any gloves. Mages gives us plenty of Mana Reg which is important. I dont see the reason why to use a 3 Light 100 Life Amulet. If you're aiming for 95 ES, life is not very neccesairy.

First of all, life is important. If you have say 500 life, that's 1-2 OW's and you're down to one. The second thing is, that there is a case when Frosts > Mages on this build whilst still maintaining 105 fcr. That's if you have a +2/20 fcr amulet, which allows you to use Frosts in conjunction with one SoJ, and one fcr/mass mana/str/life/other mods ring. Nets more mana (+70% > +50%, Arach + non-caster boots), and usually more useful stats (at the cost of one skill point). Given you use Griffon's, that is.

Quote (misnomer @ 26 Feb 2010 12:28)
i always thought 117fcr was the breakpoint for lightning?
correct me if im wrong

2x sojs = 50 % more mana

yes, but then you lack 10% + mana
think of the mods the ring could have

str/life/mana/life rep?

You lack +10% mana and 2 skills. In my opinion the Frost-SoJ-Fcr ring setup is better. Given you have a 2/20 amulet and a Griffon's, that is.

This post was edited by sevlo on Feb 26 2010 06:38am
Gold: 380.00
Feb 26 2010 06:45am
Sorry to say but in my active time as Druidplayer I never lost vs. an Nova-Sorc
so this sentence : "You might this will be a hard duel due to Druids high life, Cyclone Armor, their pets and such. But no. "
Isn't correct in my eye's

anyway's it's a pretty nice guid for a nova sorc (I think^^)
Mar 14 2010 06:03pm
Quote (Sev @ Feb 26 2010 05:45am)
Sorry to say but in my active time as Druidplayer I never lost vs. an Nova-Sorc
so this sentence : "You might this will be a hard duel due to Druids high life, Cyclone Armor, their pets and such. But no. "
Isn't correct in my eye's

anyway's it's a pretty nice guid for a nova sorc (I think^^)

druid strat for lightning nova is pretty straightforward. lightning/cb. if they tele on you then cast cb but if you have low end gear chances are you wont be able to tank the nados and you'll die. better way is to run away and lightning alot and when you do hit chase the druid down as they try to recast cyclone armor during this time they're more exposed and you'll have a better chance of winning.

and i concur with everyone else. pvp section is horrible. dueling like this just makes this sorc worse

my own pvp strats that i wrote up quickly. let me know what you think

Sorceress -

Fire ; Vita firesorcs shouldn't be too hard to beat. Es fb are your worst enemy. they tank well and your lightning probably won't be strong enough unless you can hit them 2-3 times. because of this the chances of you pulling it off is low since they cast much faster. mass cb could wear their es down abit and just apply the stupid hit and run strategy. generally though, if you're up against a good esfb sorc you don't stand much of a chance. unless you're one of those players who don't mind running away all the time (which makes dueling extremely boring in my opinion)

Cold ; They cast too slow for the most part. just nova them alot and keep hitting them while avoiding the blizz not much strategy to it. orbs are even easier. their orb should only tickle you so just lightning/nova away.

Lightning ; Once again, like fb sorcs, vita light sorcs are easy to take out but ES tank too much for your low damage to hurt them. Lightning hit and run is your best bet.

Paladins -

Hammers ; If they're stacked you can only lightning them. Since they desynch it may be hard to determine their position but with some experience you'll know how to teleport parallel to their movement without getting hit by the hammers. then just lock and fire your lightnings from outside their range. those with low resis you can just nova them to death. don't tele on them though that's just asking for trouble

Smiters ; hard to beat if they have high resis. charged bolt in the corner of the wall is a cowardly but effective strategy. other than that there isn't much you can do if they attack. you can try to tele around the corners to trap them and then charge bolt but its pretty much using the walls so its easier to predict which direction they're coming from

FoH'ers ; I don't like foh'ers. it does take much skill for someone to just run around and let their skill aim for them. lightning and run. if their resistance is low then you can try nova. pointless duels imo.

Druids -

Windys ; druid strat for lightning nova is pretty straightforward. lightning/cb. if they tele on you then cast cb but if you have low end gear chances are you wont be able to tank the nados and you'll die. better way is to run away and lightning alot and when you do hit chase the druid down as they try to recast cyclone armor during this time they're more exposed and you'll have a better chance of winning.

Shapers ; tele + lightning. don't let them catch you. yeah...

Necromancers -

Bonemancers ; letting your thunderstorm do the work is pretty useful against most necro's their resis generally isn't too high. for the occasional good necro you can still probably just teleport on them and nova. unless your gear is shit it shouldn't be a problem

Summoners ; who the fuck plays summoners in pvp haha

Poison Mancers ; stay out of their range. lightning. pesky guys but ts can usually do the work for you.

Amazons -

Javazons ; Lightning and stay out of their range. not much to it. even if they have their dodge you can still win as long as you dont get hit by cs.

Bowzons ; get them into dodge lock or w/e by using charged bolt in close distance. or you can use nova but i find that to be less effective. teleport in with a spiral pattern usually works well for me to avoid the arrows and still get closer.

Poisonzons ; never seen a good one. the pub ones all suck

Barbarians -

WW Barbs ; as a sorc you shouldn't stay standing long enough for them to acutally get a good teleport on you and ww. you can lure and wait for them to cast and then tele away and as they ww lightning them. repeat this process and you'll win. in a way i feel like dueling a good barb is the same as dueling a good cold sorc. it takes awhile but in the end you usually win.

Assassins -

Trap Assassins ; hard to beat. they have high resis and mb. don't really have a strat other than tele on them and charged bolt.

Hybsins ; see above

This post was edited by aznkr4ph3ad on Mar 14 2010 06:19pm
Gold: 268,833.00
Mar 29 2010 03:41am
jajaja
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev11011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll