d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Shock Summoner Druid Build For You Guys :) > Topic
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 27 2016 02:31pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Jun 27 2016 12:46pm)
Regular nova benefits from a high damage thunderstorm and easy access to 95 es without prebuff. It reaches max potential with only 2 skills maxed leaving room to max TK TS and warmth.

Frost nova only gets better if your opponent is some ladder self-found char who you can drop to -100 cold resist. In that situation you could have just let your a1 merc kill him.

whats more likely to see, enemies with stacked resists or enemies with tgods? Lightning stack is more common given all the FOH/java/auradins etc people stack for, everyone has a tgods. Since only cold sorcs need cold stack and you can outplay their spells unlike auradins/foh/fc, not as many people bother with the cold stack gear. Granted, most probably will.
If the enemy has 85 resist and 20 sorb vs nova, nova deals no damage. If the enemy has 75 resist after stacking vs cold mastery, frost nova deals no damage

either way, you've got a build that folds to being sorbed/stacked and does pretty well if it doesn't. That is, assuming infinity breaking their resists, because nova against 75% resist / 0 sorb is shit damage. Lightning build has TS and doesn't have to prebuff much for ES, but if it wants to deal any damage at all needs infinity, which is still likely to get stacked, and then forfeits shield. Cold build can go vita mb/dr and have shiver armor to punish bvcs and sky high defense and has a backup orb at 73% power and underpowered blizz, but can't easily go ES

both however stand in stark contrast to trying to kill people with 750 damage guided arrows, putting his HLD on par with LLDs

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 27 2016 02:33pm
Gold: 175.01
Jun 27 2016 04:53pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 27 2016 04:31pm)
whats more likely to see, enemies with stacked resists or enemies with tgods? Lightning stack is more common given all the FOH/java/auradins etc people stack for, everyone has a tgods. Since only cold sorcs need cold stack and you can outplay their spells unlike auradins/foh/fc, not as many people bother with the cold stack gear. Granted, most probably will.
If the enemy has 85 resist and 20 sorb vs nova, nova deals no damage. If the enemy has 75 resist after stacking vs cold mastery, frost nova deals no damage

either way, you've got a build that folds to being sorbed/stacked and does pretty well if it doesn't. That is, assuming infinity breaking their resists, because nova against 75% resist / 0 sorb is shit damage. Lightning build has TS and doesn't have to prebuff much for ES, but if it wants to deal any damage at all needs infinity, which is still likely to get stacked, and then forfeits shield. Cold build can go vita mb/dr and have shiver armor to punish bvcs and sky high defense and has a backup orb at 73% power and underpowered blizz, but can't easily go ES

both however stand in stark contrast to trying to kill people with 750 damage guided arrows, putting his HLD on par with LLDs

No self-respecting LLD would ever run 750 damage. That's what a plague zon using lvl 1 GA and no damage gear reaches.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2016 05:37pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Jun 27 2016 03:11pm)
With a working W key you can guarantee you never take more than 1 bear hit at a time even with 0% block and 163 fcr shockwave.

Want me to make a video of me killing people with frost nova? By your logic killing inbred frenchies with it makes it a viable build.

vs any good player, sure you can wsg out of swirls + dmg but considering town bear is mainly for pubs where its full of randoms, i'd say its worth to stomp/werebear/sw BUT i'd only do it vs nb necs/sorcs and nb fire druids (this is what i noticed when playing bear dudu atleast)

doing it vs any other class/build is almost suicide since you get out dps'd hard

also i'd consider puttin few pts in cyclone for longer hurri duration for more time available to get the stun (only vs sorc/necs)

but yeah vs any decent player, i wouldn't even risk it most of the time unless i was full nado dudy ~
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 27 2016 05:50pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Jun 27 2016 04:53pm)
No self-respecting LLD would ever run 750 damage. That's what a plague zon using lvl 1 GA and no damage gear reaches.

For average damage? Level 30 zons have around 600 with an inventory of 24 maxers
Gold: 876.78
Jun 28 2016 12:07am
All these theories and maths but anyone dueled against or with one?
Its easy to bash builds based on statistics.
Its obviously a pubfun build so i dont see why argue if it works or not if op has already built and killed with it.
Basic dickwaving in s&g
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll