d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Mf Berserker Barb > Updated 1.11
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,649.90
Feb 1 2007 02:51am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Wed, Jan 31 2007, 07:05pm)
Quote (molnus @ Wed, Jan 31 2007, 04:43pm)
Sounds like fun but the lack of leech must mean he will be doing a lot of potting.

This is basically true, to counter SOME of this is to switch to Concentration (it has 1 point with 2x maxed synergies =Berserk & Battle Orders).

Okay the cheapest/quickest and easiest way to mf fast in a few areas. I do these in pvte games which gives me 100% guarantee that i get drop. If you join full games, just hork bods (very nice finds too, and mana potting required. if you want to hork fast you can switch to hotos and drop mf% by either 300 or 180 depending on your setup)
Eldritch/Shenk
Basically tele to eldritch, howl lesser minions, kill him, hork bod, then tele to shenk, howl lesser minions, kill shenk (if you want to hork the bods around, go for it)

Pindle
Same as Eldritch/Shenk. Tele into pin area, howl, kill & hork pindles bod.

Chaos
Basically do the same as Eldritch/Shenk on the seals.

Travincal
You should not need to howl them, BUT, do not go in head first, just draw them out (stand in between the two pools). Kill them as they come in close, hork bods at the same time. (if mauled by pack, you will need to either Howl or use Concentration).

Meph
Standard switch to hoto's tele there (this will require mana potting, to counter just run, tele over obstructions following one wall [left wall or right wall]). Kill council members on lvl 3, hork bods, then kill meph.

Pit/Ancient Tunnels = Slow runs but effective for finding gg items.
Basically you just need to use Concentration on mass monsters mauling you, Berserk archers/casters and stranded lesser, you can hork all bods or just the champions/bosses.

how would this barb work with whirlwind? more of a l85 build
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Feb 1 2007 02:57am
Using a Zerk barb for MFing must be the most retarded idea I've heard for a good while.
Just use a fucking hdin.
Feb 1 2007 03:02am
Quote (iLeap @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 08:57am)
Using a Zerk barb for MFing must be the most retarded idea I've heard for a good while.
Just use a fucking hdin.

Lol, you are the perfect example of a noob in d2. You only listen to what other people say, and assume that they're right. Hammerdin for mfing? I laughed in real life.
Gold: 11,478.10
Feb 1 2007 03:11am
Quote (Mischa @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 08:51am)

Okay, this can work, made on at the start of 1.10 (different items & skills of course), basically you will need to use another merc (reason, while ww'ing Rogue sucks, runs in real close and hardly attacks because you are constantly moving position).

20 ww
20 bo
20 axe mastery
18 shout
18 howl

rest the same.

The secondary wpn should be another 5socket Rune Master (not eth, 5ists), still has decent dmg (mf% wpn option1 = 270 & wpn option2 = 150)

Just use a fucking hdin.

OMFG a tunnel vision person with no scope or understanding of MF Barbs, the only char that can get dble drops from one monster, anyway, when you realise that hammers are basically an over-used toy that everyone uses, you may consider a side trek of using skill and logic in gaming.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 1 2007 03:17am
Banned
Feb 1 2007 03:15am
Quote (Mischa @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:02am)
Just use a fucking hdin.

Lol, you are the perfect example of a noob in d2. You only listen to what other people say, and assume that they're right. Hammerdin for mfing? I laughed in real life.

All right..
You got a place in my sig for that wink.gif

13k+ non-absorbable 125fcr hammers are bad for PvM?
All right..
Feb 1 2007 03:20am
Quote (iLeap @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:15am)
Quote (Mischa @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:02am)
Just use a fucking hdin.

All right..
You got a place in my sig for that wink.gif

13k+ non-absorbable 125fcr hammers are bad for PvM?
All right..

M8, PvM and MF are a whole different thing. I also use a hdin for pvm, but for mfin, I got a 600mf blizz sorc atm. You clearly dont know what you are talking about, and I see it as an honor to be in somones sig, you cant insult me with that, if thats your purpose.

Feb 1 2007 03:22am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:11am)
Quote (Mischa @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 08:51am)

Okay, this can work, made on at the start of 1.10 (different items & skills of course), basically you will need to use another merc (reason, while ww'ing Rogue sucks, runs in real close and hardly attacks because you are constantly moving position).

20 ww
20 bo
20 axe mastery
18 shout
18 howl

rest the same.

The secondary wpn should be another 5socket Rune Master (not eth, 5ists), still has decent dmg (mf% wpn option1 = 270 & wpn option2 = 150)

Just use a fucking hdin.

OMFG a tunnel vision person with no scope or understanding of MF Barbs, the only char that can get dble drops from one monster, anyway, when you realise that hammers are basically an over-used toy that everyone uses, you may consider a side trek of using skill and logic in gaming.

Hm, seems nice, would Grief + Rune master (using grief for killing ofcourse) be fine? And what about maxing conc for boss killing?
Feb 1 2007 03:36am
Quote (Mischa @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:22am)
Hm, seems nice, would Grief + Rune master (using grief for killing ofcourse) be fine? And what about maxing conc for boss killing?

Concentration is slow, you will have to change gloves to Laying of Hands to get the 20ias, 350% damage to demons
By the way, forgot to mention (which you already know) that with either ww or conc, iron maiden will own you. LOL

Grief + Rune master is a good combination, as for skills, that is another matter.

I have found that out of all the barb builds, the berserker barb is the most proficient at PvM. Highest Damage, Highest Attack Rating, Kills everything with ease (and does not rely on specific items, though it does help)

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 1 2007 03:37am
Banned
Feb 1 2007 03:37am
blink.gif

MF is PvM.
Let's have a MF contest buddy.

I'll run Pit with a Hdin and you'll run whatever you want with your zerk Barb.
We'll see who gets more itams?

edit: My din's got ~150mf Nig+Shako whereas your Barb has 600+mf.
You should clearly win.

This post was edited by iLeap on Feb 1 2007 03:37am
Feb 1 2007 03:51am
Quote (iLeap @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 09:37am)
blink.gif

MF is PvM.
Let's have a MF contest buddy.

I'll run Pit with a Hdin and you'll run whatever you want with your zerk Barb.
We'll see who gets more itams? ohmy.gif

OMFG it's back!
1) PvM = Player vs Monster (whether it is magic finding, gold finding, or just plain out levelling up char by monster bashing)
2) MF = Character created purely with the intention to have a higher magic find% compared to PvM Character builds.

Now with that said (because you are challenging MF character), the competition rules will be:
1) Hammerdin has to have the exact (or 10% off either end) same amount of Magic Find % of the Mf Berserker Barb.
2) There will be no switching to killing items for the Hammerdin then switching back to mf wpns.
3) Hammerdin will have the same merc setup (besides the faith bow as it is not needed, instead use Ice Bow)
4) Hammerdin will not use Vigor Skill to run, only teleport from enigma.
5) Must be of near equal char lvl. My barb is 89, so you can be either 88, 89 or 90 no lower or higher.

Now with those rules stated, you will have to change your equipment & use:
Shako
4x ist'd Monarch
6x ist'd weapon
Enigma
Chance Guards
War Travs
Goldwrap
2x Nagels
35% mf Ammy (if you have one mod'd, then still usable.

Switch
Cta
Spirit Monarch.

Inventory:
Torch
Anni
Gheeds
15x 7%mf sc's
No Skillers

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 1 2007 04:04am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12347Next