d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Better Uber Wolf Guide > Addtional Math And Figures Are Welcome
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,040.00
Aug 5 2011 11:53am
Quote (nsx56 @ Aug 5 2011 12:30pm)
Sorry to say but this build woudn't work. You're lacking mad resist and would never survive in there!

You should mention that you need 300 stacked res in order to have 75res with meph's conviction. Also you have no sorb..

Here's my suggestion, try out this build before writing it! Switch out strings for tgod (so meph doesn't one shot you). Use CoH instead of fort for stacked res, some DR and amp dmg to demons.

Achieving 100 cb is overkill. the cap is 90 or 95 anyway. You simply need 80+. Deadly strike doesn't affect Ubers much, it's next to pointless to have more than 15-20%.

With your 1st setup (which according to you is the best), you get: ~30res from fort, 30 from anya, 30 light res from highlords, 15 from Um's guillaumes, 40 cold sorb from ravens (which is only good against Uber Dudu).

So you res look like this: 75 all res and 105 light res. Which means that you would need to get 20x 11res scs or each kind (1 less for light) in order to reach 300 stacked res. Which you don't have the invintory for.. lol.

Another option would be to use tgod, dwarf and wisp to sorb and bring your stacked res to 200. Which means that you would need 11x 11res scs of each kind (once again 1 less for light).

Next time you feel like bashing on a build, think it through! :)

There is a 35 res difference between fort and coh. charms or treachery buff can easily take care of this. you dont need 75% res vs meph, but it is nice. Positive resists with do fine.

Tgods has 20 sorb, so 40 total damage is negated. String has 15 mdr. that is a 25 damage difference. How do you expect to get 1 hit pked by 25 damage. Take into account the 15 mdr will also help vs his cold. 10-20% more cb % is not pointless. It is helpful. It kills them faster. Last time i checked raven frost has sorb. The other guide did not use wisp. You lose too much attack rating using wisp or dwarf star. Fort has more damage than coh by far for 35 less res. Treachery buff will take care of this, as will a handful of res charms. Please be practical and knowledgeable next time you try to bash my guide.
Gold: 700.07
Aug 5 2011 12:15pm
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 01:53pm)
There is a 35 res difference between fort and coh. charms or treachery buff can easily take care of this. you dont need 75% res vs meph, but it is nice. Positive resists with do fine.

Tgods has 20 sorb, so 40 total damage is negated. String has 15 mdr. that is a 25 damage difference. How do you expect to get 1 hit pked by 25 damage. Take into account the 15 mdr will also help vs his cold. 10-20% more cb % is not pointless. It is helpful. It kills them faster. Last time i checked raven frost has sorb. The other guide did not use wisp. You lose too much attack rating using wisp or dwarf star. Fort has more damage than coh by far for 35 less res. Treachery buff will take care of this, as will a handful of res charms. Please be practical and knowledgeable next time you try to bash my guide.

I edited the sorb part but you were already replying, sorry for that.

Have you even tried your own build? <- Please answer this! :ph34r:

mdr doesn't work like sorb nor does it replace resists. If that was the case, Ubersin, smiter and Uberbarb could just care less about res..

You're about 50/50 right, Fort would indeed be nice for dmg, altough, cb doesn't need to be higher than 80-85% and could use other useful mods instead. Also notice that CoH increase your dmg to demons by 200% (that's 3 times your dmg!).

CB is only really effective up until 50% of the uber's hp. After that, screen dmg comes in for the biggest part. Which is why I'm saying 100% cb is overkill (cap is 90 or 95 anyway). That's where fort would be nice but then again, 200% dmg to demons is just as amazing and you get more res, dr, skills!

Prebuffing with Treachery, you'd need to be hit for like 3-5mins cause of the 5% ctc. Instead, get stacked res and don't waste 5min in frigid highland being spammed on to get that fade.

My Ubersin does 1.5k dmg per kick (7kicks @ 3fps <- fastest attack in the game) while using LW and 1k dmg while using ber'd Flashripper. Both setup kill just as fast and just as well (might have a slight difference) but just saying this to show that having really high dmg (from fort), doesn't matter!

Meph's convic has -165 all res. with main setup, you have 75 all res and 105 light res with no light or fire sorb (fire isn't all too important tho) so you would have -100 res everywhere unless you had 10x of each 11res scs just to get you positives res. That's your entire invintory right there and would cost you ALOT! Your mdr wouldn't save you without those scs.

This post was edited by nsx56 on Aug 5 2011 12:16pm
Gold: 39,473.41
Aug 5 2011 12:47pm
Quote (nsx56 @ Aug 5 2011 12:15pm)

mdr doesn't work like sorb nor does it replace resists. If that was the case, Ubersin, smiter and Uberbarb could just care less about res..

You're about 50/50 right, Fort would indeed be nice for dmg, altough, cb doesn't need to be higher than 80-85% and could use other useful mods instead. Also notice that CoH increase your dmg to demons by 200% (that's 3 times your dmg!).

CB is only really effective up until 50% of the uber's hp. After that, screen dmg comes in for the biggest part. Which is why I'm saying 100% cb is overkill (cap is 90 or 95 anyway). That's where fort would be nice but then again, 200% dmg to demons is just as amazing and you get more res, dr, skills!

Prebuffing with Treachery, you'd need to be hit for like 3-5mins cause of the 5% ctc. Instead, get stacked res and don't waste 5min in frigid highland being spammed on to get that fade.

My Ubersin does 1.5k dmg per kick (7kicks @ 3fps <- fastest attack in the game) while using LW and 1k dmg while using ber'd Flashripper. Both setup kill just as fast and just as well (might have a slight difference) but just saying this to show that having really high dmg (from fort), doesn't matter!

Meph's convic has -165 all res. with main setup, you have 75 all res and 105 light res with no light or fire sorb (fire isn't all too important tho) so you would have -100 res everywhere unless you had 10x of each 11res scs just to get you positives res. That's your entire invintory right there and would cost you ALOT! Your mdr wouldn't save you without those scs.

i thought mephs convic was lvl 20-125 res or some shit
Gold: 5,761.81
Aug 5 2011 12:49pm
clueless.
limit to cb is 100 % not 90/95 %
dragon talon is not fastest attack in game cause initial kick is 7 fpa. fastest attack have assabear with 100 ias gt/runic. continous 3 fpa
simple math gives that more deadly strike % --> more dmg over time

@godest
y smiter does it faster. have you heard for 1 point smite guide?
every class in this easy pvm game can kill ubers thanks to overpowered runewords
Aug 5 2011 01:00pm
Quote (vknez @ Aug 5 2011 02:49pm)
clueless.
limit to cb is 100 % not 90/95 %
dragon talon is not fastest attack in game cause initial kick is 7 fpa. fastest attack have assabear with 100 ias gt/runic. continous 3 fpa
simple math gives that more deadly strike % --> more dmg over time

@godest
y smiter does it faster. have you heard for 1 point smite guide?
every class in this easy pvm game can kill ubers thanks to overpowered runewords

Ok sorry I didn't think about a build that doesn't actually do anything.. lol. But dragon talon will reach 3fpa quite easely depending on your wep.
You're right about the DS, more will do more dmg over time.. but you could be using more useful mods due to DS barely affecting Ubers. It's not a mod to aim for, of course still useful but not over other mods.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. This build is lacking resists/sorb to survive against Uber tree.

Quote (bioshocker @ Aug 5 2011 02:47pm)
i thought mephs convic was lvl 20-125 res or some shit

Sorry that was a typo. You're right, it is -125 (level 20). 300 stacked res -125 (meph's convic) = 175, 175 -100 (hell -res) = 75 all res. :)

This post was edited by nsx56 on Aug 5 2011 01:00pm
Aug 5 2011 03:14pm
Quote (nsx56 @ Aug 5 2011 01:15pm)

MDR works a lot like the sorb on tgods. they both reduce damage by a set amount. 15 from soe works with fire lit and cold. the 20 sorb from tgods only works with lit and only gives you 20 life back if you did not start with max life. Since you will have life tap you will be at 100% hp most of the time, so really tgods will only help 20 points worth of hp most of the time. soe will help negate the damage from minions as well as the cold and lit attacks from meph, not to mention the fire, but fire damage shouldnt be a problem if you do them 1 at a time.

CB is effective more than you think. A lot more. It is more damage than screen damage closer to 15%.

The limit is not 90% on cb%. It is 100%.

Prebuffing treachery takes seconds. Stand over a fire on the ground, there are many of these, and wait a few seconds.

Your meph info is wrong. it is -125%. While stacking 300 lit/cold res is nice, it is not needed. stacking 250 will work just fine if you have the mdr from string of ears.

You are so wrong so many times I can't help but think you are trolling.
Aug 5 2011 03:37pm
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 05:14pm)
MDR works a lot like the sorb on tgods. they both reduce damage by a set amount. 15 from soe works with fire lit and cold. the 20 sorb from tgods only works with lit and only gives you 20 life back if you did not start with max life. Since you will have life tap you will be at 100% hp most of the time, so really tgods will only help 20 points worth of hp most of the time. soe will help negate the damage from minions as well as the cold and lit attacks from meph, not to mention the fire, but fire damage shouldnt be a problem if you do them 1 at a time.

CB is effective more than you think. A lot more. It is more damage than screen damage closer to 15%.

The limit is not 90% on cb%. It is 100%.

Prebuffing treachery takes seconds. Stand over a fire on the ground, there are many of these, and wait a few seconds.

Your meph info is wrong. it is -125%. While stacking 300 lit/cold res is nice, it is not needed. stacking 250 will work just fine if you have the mdr from string of ears.

You are so wrong so many times I can't help but think you are trolling.

I did mention that meph's convic was a typo.. L2r! You've ignored 50% of what I said too...

I've been corrected on CB, looks like it can hit 100%. I admit it, seriously thought it was less. Still not needed to have 100% tho when you could be looking at nicer mods after getting 90%.

"A combination of Resist and Absorb is generally more effective at significantly reducing or negating magic and elemental damage." <- Taken from d2 wiki.

mdr will reduce the damage by the exact amount (15mdr will only reduce the dmg taken by 15 from elemental dmg). Also the rate is reduced by every Diablo's spells and mdr will not heal you like absorb would (not that it's a high amount). <- another fact from d2 wiki.

Now don't get me wrong, mdr is great. But you only really need light absorb as meph's attack is, most likely, the only one that should have the power to one shot you.

If you actually take time to use treachery for fade (lvl 15), which adds 60 all res. Your res will be indeed better, but still too low against meph without 10x 11res scs of each (a bit less for light) to reach that 250 stacked res you mentionned without light or fire sorb. <- Once again quite pricy and fills up your entire inventory.

I personaly went against Meph wearing nigma (instead of 300 stacked res, I had 235 with 20 light sorb) and he did kill me.

Your build will work if you tell people to use CoH and fill up their inventory with 11res scs.

One last thing, you didn't answer my question, did you actually try your own build?

This post was edited by nsx56 on Aug 5 2011 04:02pm
Aug 5 2011 04:44pm
Quote (nsx56 @ Aug 5 2011 04:37pm)
I did mention that meph's convic was a typo.. L2r! You've ignored 50% of what I said too...

I've been corrected on CB, looks like it can hit 100%. I admit it, seriously thought it was less. Still not needed to have 100% tho when you could be looking at nicer mods after getting 90%.

"A combination of Resist and Absorb is generally more effective at significantly reducing or negating magic and elemental damage." <- Taken from d2 wiki.

mdr will reduce the damage by the exact amount (15mdr will only reduce the dmg taken by 15 from elemental dmg). Also the rate is reduced by every Diablo's spells and mdr will not heal you like absorb would (not that it's a high amount). <- another fact from d2 wiki.

Now don't get me wrong, mdr is great. But you only really need light absorb as meph's attack is, most likely, the only one that should have the power to one shot you.

If you actually take time to use treachery for fade (lvl 15), which adds 60 all res. Your res will be indeed better, but still too low against meph without 10x 11res scs of each (a bit less for light) to reach that 250 stacked res you mentionned without light or fire sorb. <- Once again quite pricy and fills up your entire inventory.

I personaly went against Meph wearing nigma (instead of 300 stacked res, I had 235 with 20 light sorb) and he did kill me.

Your build will work if you tell people to use CoH and fill up their inventory with 11res scs.

One last thing, you didn't answer my question, did you actually try your own build?

You don't need 100% cb like you don't need 70% cb or 60% cb. Hell you could probably get a away with using only gface for cb. But obviously more cb means you kill them faster. Why are you still trying to ague this?

Stop quoting the wiki, and start using your brain.

the 20 light sorb is 20 light sorb. If you are hurt that is a total of 40 damage negated by tgods. That is the most is will ever help. the mdr from string will reduce it by 15. The difference is 35 damage per shot. 35 damage is so little only a troll would think it affect if you are 1 shot or not. Why are you still trying to argue this?

There is no place for fire sorb on a char that needs attack rating. Stop talking about fire absorb when it is no feasible at all for the character type. Not to mention uber diablo is no threat, only meph is. Why are you still arguing this?

30 fort + 15 um in gface + 30 anya + 35 highlords +60 treachery fade + 20 anni = 190. Add in the handful of res charms i talked about which was easy to find or cheap to buy and you get to 250 total res and 25% res while under his aura.

I'm sorry you built a bad char that died b/c it had 15% res. Sorry you didn't have enough hp on your sin to live through a high damage lit shot from meph. But druids have way more hp and will be able to take the hit and then via life tap get back to full hp in a moment.

If you cannot understand these basics please go read up on the game. And stop trolling. I'm getting tired of telling you 35 damage will not make or break a 1 hit pk.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2011 04:59pm
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 07:44pm)
You don't need 100% cb like you don't need 70% cb or 60% cb. Hell you could probably get a away with using only gface for cb. But obviously more cb means you kill them faster. Why are you still trying to ague this?

the 20 light sorb is 20 light sorb. If you are hurt that is a total of 40 damage negated by tgods. That is the most is will ever help. the mdr from string will reduce it by 15. The difference is 35 damage per shot. 35 damage is so little only a troll would think it affect if you are 1 shot or not. Why are you still trying to argue this?

There is no place for fire sorb on a char that needs attack rating. Stop talking about fire absorb when it is no feasible at all for the character type. Not to mention uber diablo is no threat, only meph is. Why are you still arguing this?

30 fort + 15 um in gface + 30 anya + 35 highlords +60 treachery fade + 20 anni = 190. Add in the handful of res charms i talked about which was easy to find or cheap to buy and you get to 250 total res and 25% res while under his aura.

I'm sorry you built a bad char that died b/c it had 15% res. Sorry you didn't have enough hp on your sin to live through a high damage lit shot from meph. But druids have way more hp and will be able to take the hit and then via life tap get back to full hp in a moment.

If you cannot understand these basics please go read up on the game. And stop trolling. I'm getting tired of telling you 35 damage will not make or break a 1 hit pk.

his question is yet to be answered though, have you made this build yet??? and if i dont get an answer then its obvious you didnt, dont avoid the question by saying something bout my guide, just answer, yes or no
Aug 5 2011 05:06pm
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 06:44pm)

No where you mentionned that you need to get up to 250 stacked res in your build (300 would be better but I guess with your 6k+ hp, you can lack some). Also you talk of those like it's super easy to get full perfect gear. 30res fort, 20res anni and 11res scs (8x of each to reach 250 stacked res) will cost you! Anyone who doesn't know that he needs that 250 stacked res will get killed within 5seconds in Tristram just cause you didn't mention it in your supposibly "better" wolf druid uber build.

In order to reduce that need of scs, you'll need to get CoH and guess what.. Not only your damage will be just as good due to the 200% dmg to demons (3x your dmg), you'll also get +2 skills, +8 DR and a additional 35 res! That cuts 3x 11 res scs each!

Both setup will most likely work, but a 30res fort + 32x 11 res scs (8 of each) will cost you alot more for the same results. Your build is nowhere near a "better" version.. it lacks the most important information.. survival.

Now, PLEASE go try your own build and talk from own experience in this current version: 1.13!

Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll