d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Immortal King > Comprehensive Guide To The Ik Set V1.13
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Jan 6 2011 03:01pm
Quote (pawcisxdiablo2 @ Jan 6 2011 10:12pm)
2x fcr rings will do :P

i wonder if there is an option of a 2 barb/18 fcr tele charges amu.. *___*

this amu is possible but gl finding
Gold: 16.01
Jan 6 2011 03:27pm
nice guide. I'd like to see a guide for that Nat's Trapper of yours sometime in the future too :)
Gold: 484.19
Jan 7 2011 01:28am
Quote (N4ddi @ 6 Jan 2011 22:26)
Gl with ar then ^^

2x 10fcr, 120 ar, 15 dex rings with orher mods like hp/mana/res are insanely high in price but obrainable.

Quote (kozadupa @ 6 Jan 2011 23:01)
this amu is possible but gl finding

how many charges would it have? and what cost per charge?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 7 2011 09:05am
Quote (pawcisxdiablo2 @ Jan 6 2011 03:12pm)
2x fcr rings will do :P

i wonder if there is an option of a 2 barb/18 fcr tele charges amu.. *___*

Blizz sorcs without ravens :(

Telecharged amulet, gl with defwhores :P

Gold: 6,351.00
Jan 7 2011 09:45am
Quote (pawcisxdiablo2 @ 7 Jan 2011 08:28)
2x 10fcr, 120 ar, 15 dex rings with orher mods like hp/mana/res are insanely high in price but obrainable.

Won´t supply with enough ar ^_^
Jan 7 2011 09:53am
followed ur guide and worked out just fine. cheers
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 90%
Jan 7 2011 11:29am
I'm making a ik bear barb lol!
Jan 7 2011 01:27pm
Ik is not a bad set for pvm to be honest. I remember my first ik was used enough points into str to handle gear. But I was thinking about making a titan ik barb for most killing speed and leech in pvm.
Gold: 6,151.00
Jan 8 2011 02:14am
Great comments so far. I'm glad you guys are enjoying this guide as much as I did writing it. Keep the comments coming (good and bad are equally acceptable).

Note: Had some problem with quotations.

1. For PvM purposes, socketing with Sol runes would be a slightly better option. Apart from the fact that they are cheap, after your inherent 20% DR, integer DR would help you almost equally (and in some cases, even more).

I'd just put perfect Topazes into all items, if the character is pure PvM-MF. Sols just help with regular encounters, but Bers CERTAINLY help in hard situations, where you are amped, extra strong, might, fanat packs. In travincal sometimes I can lose HUGE amounts of life just for 1 hit. No way Sols are better than Bers, except vs. regular hits.

2. For your mercenary's helm, Guillaume's face is a worthy option. He has all the life leech he needs from Reaper's (13-15), so the CB and DS from guillaume's face would be a good bonus.

It's very interesting, how Guillaumes has become a very recommended merc helmet. Before 1.12 and Pandemonium, people wouldn't even know, what that item did (I have used it way before others on my TO nec's merc).

Anyway no I didn't put it in the guide, as then I can put in Tal rashas mask and Crown of Thieves as well. It's just a lot of options, and I have just put in two that I like the most. Like I wrote in the guide, the merc equips are optional. I prefer a more defensive/ias setup, as the merc is supposed to decrepify everything in sight and not die easily. It's the same with armor. People also use Gladiator's bane, Arkaines, Stone in ethereal bugged armor etc. After all it's an IK Set guide, not a mercenary guide.

Quote (ashwinthegrim @ 6 Jan 2011 19:12)
Apart from this, your guide looks good overall. Try making the font more readable though.. A huge essay in font 4 with lots of bolded stuff looks glaring.
Rules for writing guides do not give any specific guidelines, not do they forbid the use of a larger font size. I have mostly used it because d2jsp uses a very small font as a default font (much smaller than most other forums), and it seems to be easier to read than the default font. It might depend on the size of your screen and resolution as well. I will keep this in mind for the next time, as I can't edit my guide anymore.

Quote (Eywa @ 6 Jan 2011 20:07)
Alright, but there is no need to copy-paste item stats from the Arreat Summit. It's just a bad habit, and not really interesting to read.
Link there and post a summary of important stats instead (the average reader wants to know what he achieves with the items listed).
This guide can't be called comprehensive, if such a basic thing as items is not listed inside. After all, not every one knows IK item stats. When I ask people, most wouldn't know it has 20% dr, for example. Or that the hammer needs 70% ias or more for max WW.

And it's just the IK items that are listed. Other items are just mentioned. It's not a mindless spam like some people do in their guides.

Also speaking of links. I hate guides that include a lot of links. First, links become broken after a while. The site might be inaccessible right when you need the data. And there is a fact, that people just don't want to click on links, or search for the simplest of things (it's not uncommon to see people searching for things like necro FCR rates on this forum section).

Dual CtA is a bad idea, due to the Oskill cap: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/basics.shtml#oskill Buff with HotO/3 Wc and CtA.
This is a very good comment. Of course I knew about the 0skill thing. I've posted CTA's just as an option. Didn't want to confuse the hell out of some people. Unfortunately i can't edit anymore, but since your comment is on the first page, people will read it and act accordingly.

Find Item with 2 x Ali Baba if you are into treasure hunting.
Corpses of Champion + Unique/SuperUnique.
Not a bad idea.

Experience tells me that 20 Berserk over Shout is an option worth considering.
- You hit harder and more consistently.
- Berserk synergises Concentrate.
- Debuff duration decreases.
Your comment is completely valid. However the purpose of a guide is to guide people to a certain goal, or a character if you want. As soon as you start posting alternative options, people tend to become confused (aka ok dude it's a nice guide but - is it vita necro, or the maxblock one??), and then the point of the guide is lost, as it just poses more questions than it answers. That's why I recommend shout. It's completely okay, helps your barb, merc and the team. Berserk doesn't fit too well into this scheme. It's a zero def attack, not that hot for a char with good possibilities to build a high defense. This is not the char that I envisioned, not the char that I guide people into making. Berserk is a tool for achieving things and not a goal of the character build.

It's ''Increased Speed'', not ''Improved Speed''.
It's funny how I use increased speed throughout the guide, but when the skill is highlighted, I use the wrong description.

Ik set is cool, no doubt but i´d use angelic combo (ring+amu) as base setup, since ar is essential.
Dual good Ravens with HL is fine, trust me. Angelics I recommend for pvp only.

U dont need ur merc to kill dc...just make sure to have good ar and maybe a lifetap wand on switch...
Put on natures peace vs dc for "prevents monster heal mod"...its so useful, especially when his health bar is running low...conc or ww him and hes down ~ 1 min.
Not a bad suggestion, although you don't usually carry life tap wands and nature peaces in your stash on an IK. At least I don't. DC's are mostly just a curiosity, something you might or will hit at some point in time, and you have to fight it with regular items. And what's easier than having a few extra potions in stash just in case?

Quote (Molevthegale @ 6 Jan 2011 23:27)
nice guide.  I'd like to see a guide for that Nat's Trapper of yours sometime in the future too :)
I think I might do M'avinas bowie/frostmaiden sometime in the future, as I still have all the items on my mule. Nat's Assa is out of the question for now. Have absolutely zero assa items.

This post was edited by Leohappy on Jan 8 2011 02:18am
Gold: 6,151.00
Jan 11 2011 11:17am
want more people to read this so I'm bumping it to the top.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123410Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll