d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Endurack's 1.12 Balance Barbarian Vs. Caster Guide > Balance Between Damage And Life !
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 60.00
Sep 14 2009 08:48pm
ummm thats not how grief works i think
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Sep 14 2009 08:51pm
Quote (Endurack @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 04:11)
This is why you are among the idiots of Diablo 2 and have no clue how the game works nor do you have any clue how to do math. All the calculations are listed. Do the math yourself.

Let me list few of "massive fails" in this guide you tool (yes, this made me read and point out the fails):

- "What most people do not know is how Strength works in building damage. Unlike “Grief”, which is not affected by Damage Multipliers in any way" --> Wrong. The +400dmg from grief works just as +400 to min and +400 to max dmg (+400 dmg grief in nonsuperior base will make 424 to 471 dmg) and is affected by ALL dmg modifiers!

- "Shield: 1.08 Stormshield socketed with “Eld” Rune" --> way too much strength, not worth it.

- "Belt: 24% Faster Hit Recovery | 10% Chance of Open Wounds | + to Strength | + to Life Crafted Belt" --> has very limited use on a bvc.

- "Greaves: War Travelers" --> Goreriders. Superior to WTS on a barb in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

- " Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets" --> 25% ow> that tiny dmg from steels (only barb which should use steels are bvb barbs)

- "Ring I: 10% Faster Cast Rate | 110+ to Attack Rating | +20 to Strength | 35+ to Life | 25+ Mana | Resists" --> most important mod on a bvc ring is MANA! Stop pretending that you knew something about BvC is you rate life/str over mana on a bvc ring, you tool.

- You dont have max dr setup without to use storm.

- Your mana is way too low!

- You havent listed angelic amu+2rings as an option which is fail per se.

- Your math is flawed - scs>gcs on a bvc.

- "HUGE HELPFUL HINT #1: Do not fucking chase Casters around all day. All you do is frustrate yourself, deplete mana and run into damage. You are a Melee Combat character versus a Ranged Combat character. This means wherever you go that Caster must follow you to a certain extent to deal damage to your Barbarian. This is the time you wait to achieve South Side or Leap locks to stomp your victim. Basically, wait until that player follows you into a trap or lands a bad teleport and then strike." --> this bullshit really made me laugh. What are you going to do vs fb sorcs or bonemancers, which wont come on your map? Nothing? Tought so....

- "Try to keep your Whirlwind hotkeyed to the left side of your skill equip and keep Teleport on your right side. This will allow you to perform short Whirlwinds or as people have come to call it “Triangle WW”." --> this is also nothing but a bullshit. Its all matter of preference, where you use what skill.

- " Try to identify when a player is using sufficient Damage Reduction e.g. 40%+. If a player is using heavy Damage reduction you may want to switch to relying on Open Wounds as you can hit them and back off as they continue to take damage. I find this extremely effective versus many characters." --> what ow? You do NOT list dracs, nor gores. Or do you intend to use toothrow, since your failbuild will have enough str to wear it actually? ^_^

Your strategies are nothing but a bullshit. You wont do anything vs any halfdecent caster (besides you absorb the elemental dmg dealing ones.... woohoo, thats what every retard can do.
Pretty much every HALFdecent pvp char will shit on this barb

p.s.: bookmarked this fail, cuz it will provide alot of GOOD LULZ :thumbsup:

p.p.s.:
Quote (Endurack @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 04:03)
So, it is me, Endurack, and I am here to release my Barbarian vs. Caster Balance Guide which I HAVE CONSTRUCTED. Please try not to question too many things as I have played Barbarian for over 3 years and know this game very well when it comes to math.

You son have just WASTED 3 years of your pitiful life, since you are completely CLUELESS about barbs, even after 3 years of playing them...

This post was edited by darkkobra on Sep 14 2009 09:01pm
Gold: 50.00
Sep 14 2009 08:58pm
Nice Guide Ry

Reading the comments is funny. Half the people have no idea what they are talking about.

Its like me saying Fortitude, Phoenix and ED jewels don't effect smite :)
(Oh wait they do!)
Gold: 3,209.94
Sep 14 2009 08:59pm
I have bookmarked this topic for... future references.
Gold: 25.37
Sep 14 2009 09:03pm
Quote (HotCoffee @ Mon, Sep 14 2009, 07:58pm)
Nice Guide Ry

Reading the comments is funny. Half the people have no idea what they are talking about.

Its like me saying Fortitude, Phoenix and ED jewels don't effect smite :)
(Oh wait they do!)

Considering I noticed the terrible math within seconds of skimming his self proclaimed "flawlessly calculated" guide, It's really not worth my, or anyone's time to read the entire thing
Sep 14 2009 09:05pm
Quote (BuLLsEyE-PwNaGe @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 05:03)
Considering I noticed the terrible math within seconds of skimming his self proclaimed "flawlessly calculated" guide, It's really not worth my, or anyone's time to read the entire thing

Reading this "flawless guide" will make you smile :)
Gold: 25.37
Sep 14 2009 09:08pm
Quote (darkkobra @ Mon, Sep 14 2009, 08:05pm)
Reading this "flawless guide" will make you smile :)

I read the part where he didn't use grief, and skimmed the rest.. There's a reason barbs use grief + beast and for some reason people still think there's better options outside of using impossible rares/crafts on private realms. This game is too old for people to just have "missed" the other options so I don't know why randoms insist on theory crafting with sloppy math trying to prove everyone wrong

This post was edited by BuLLsEyE-PwNaGe on Sep 14 2009 09:08pm
Gold: 39,932.69
Sep 14 2009 09:11pm
lol'd
Gold: 50.00
Sep 14 2009 09:19pm
Quote (BuLLsEyE-PwNaGe @ Tue, Sep 15 2009, 03:08am)
I read the part where he didn't use grief, and skimmed the rest.. There's a reason barbs use grief + beast and for some reason people still think there's better options outside of using impossible rares/crafts on private realms. This game is too old for people to just have "missed" the other options so I don't know why randoms insist on theory crafting with sloppy math trying to prove everyone wrong

Its not that people "missed" other options, people didn't open their mind and try anything for themselves for a long time.
Its always the same thing, you ask your best buddy what barbs use, they tell you greif/beast because every other single barb of all time has used that, so it must be good...right?

There are many ways to make each character in the game. This build is superior to most barbs out there and is probably the most unique build since Blobs and McM had a barbarian.

If you don't know who Blobs or McM are then you shouldn't be commenting on Endurack's guide.

Sep 14 2009 09:23pm
Quote (HotCoffee @ Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 05:19)
Its not that people "missed" other options, people didn't open their mind and try anything for themselves for a long time.
Its always the same thing, you ask your best buddy what barbs use, they tell you greif/beast because every other single barb of all time has used that, so it must be good...right?

There are many ways to make each character in the game. This build is superior to most barbs out there and is probably the most unique build since Blobs and McM had a barbarian.

If you don't know who Blobs or McM are then you shouldn't be commenting on Endurack's guide.

This wont change the fact that this barb is WORSE than any other cookie cutter grief/beast bvc. Its unique, yes. But its shitty unique.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll