d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Various Mercenary Builds > Something That Was Missing Here
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,744.35
Aug 16 2009 06:30pm
Hi :hello:

The guide looks very good... got some nice comments and adds.

I have a personal favourite for my bowazon...

The Pride Merc
Recommended type: Nm Offensive (Might)

Helm: Eth Andy's Visage... (8-10% Life Steal.. the +2 All Skills will help the mercs might Aura)
Armor: Eth Fortitude... (Res, LpL, defense... higher damage for leeching)
Weapon: Eth Pride (Any Type of Polearm... this is not recommended to be the boss killer... just a diversion and tank)

Notes: This merc combined with Pride is purely to increase your characters "Physical" damage. Also... your character
must be using Atma's Scarab amulet in conjunction with this setup... "Amp" will be one of the most important requirements.

This setup can give your bowazon upto 500% enhanced damage, this is based on two (2) things... Level 20 Conc (Pride) and level of your Merc

I have not tested this out on the following... but this merc/pride could also be useful for a throw barb build using lacerator for amp casting?

Nice setup and guide...

9/10 ... :rofl:
Retired Moderator
Gold: 4.79
Trader: Trusted
Aug 16 2009 06:32pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sun, 16 Aug 2009, 20:30)

The Pride Merc

Helm: Eth Andy's Visage... (8-10% Life Steal.. the +2 All Skills will help the mercs might Aura)
Weapon: Eth Pride (Any Type of Polearm... this is not recommended to be the boss killer... just a diversion and tank)

Notes: This merc combined with Pride is purely to increase your characters "Physical" damage. Also... your character
must be using Atma's Scarab amulet in conjunction with this setup... "Amp" will be one of the most important requirements.

This setup can give your bowazon upto 500% enhanced damage, this is based on two (2) things... Level 20 Conc (Pride) and level of your Merc

I have not testedthis out on the following... but this merc/pride could also be useful for a throw barb build using lacerator for amp casting?

Nice setup and guide...

Lol, thanks for using my concept. :)
Gold: 12,744.35
Aug 16 2009 09:04pm
Quote (TheUndyingGod @ Mon, Aug 17 2009, 12:32pm)
Lol, thanks for using my concept. :)

No probs... here is a free bump for a nice guide...
Gold: 738.00
Aug 16 2009 09:08pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sun, Aug 16 2009, 07:30pm)

The Pride Merc

I have not testedthis out on the following... but this merc/pride could also be useful for a throw barb build using lacerator for amp casting?

Nice setup and guide...

Highlords > Atma's except to kill Phys Immunes
Gold: 14.94
Aug 16 2009 10:00pm
very useful info man

10/10
Gold: 133.90
Aug 17 2009 12:09am
btw the great poleaxe does more dmg per sec than the cryptic axe for almost all IAS speeds, nobody knows about this but it's true.
if you dont believe me look at the attacks per second table for the act2 merc for both weapons and multiply that by the average damage.
http://tinyurl.com/64ofr2

This post was edited by frankieteardrop on Aug 17 2009 12:10am
Retired Moderator
Aug 17 2009 09:05am
I know. I have posted tables with the most commonly used polearms though. If anybody wants to use another one, there are ias calculators.
Gold: 3,506.60
Aug 17 2009 09:10am
I like where ur going with this :) , with some added feedback (more variants) this should get stickied.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 17 2009 09:19am
Awesome guide for mercs.. should be stickied..

I always use A2 merc on my hammerdin for chaos running too.. i use him with insight made in a crude voulge (low damage ftw), eth shaftstop, and a 20 dr gaze.. he hits 50 dr, and with his miserable damage, he can hit 6 times with Iron Maiden on.. he dies with the 7th hit, but I tele off and flash cleanse to remove IM within that time.. small suggestion though.. I'd rather use a defiance merc with this low damage setup, coz since his offense is very bad, he is weak when surrounded.. the defiance helps him in tanking the extra 5 - 6 hits..
Retired Moderator
Aug 17 2009 09:21am
Quote (ashwinthegrim @ Mon, 17 Aug 2009, 11:19)
Awesome guide for mercs.. should be stickied..

I always use A2 merc on my hammerdin for chaos running too.. i use him with insight made in a crude voulge (low damage ftw), eth shaftstop, and a 20 dr gaze.. he hits 50 dr, and with his miserable damage, he can hit 6 times with Iron Maiden on.. he dies with the 7th hit, but I tele off and flash cleanse to remove IM within that time.. small suggestion though.. I'd rather use a defiance merc with this low damage setup, coz since his offense is very bad, he is weak when surrounded.. the defiance helps him in tanking the extra 5 - 6 hits..

Thanks for pointing out a mistake in the guide. In the A5 merc section, it should be written "Arreat's Face" and not "Arreats Visage".
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll