d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Updated 1.12 Optimized Meteorb Guide > Criticism Please!
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 428.00
Jan 4 2009 02:29am
You could also talk about full tal
I think it fits very well to meteorb (especially with its -15% fire res and +15% cold dmg)
Gold: 15,740.00
Jan 4 2009 01:14pm
Quote (Scorpion01 @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 03:29)
You could also talk about full tal
I think it fits very well to meteorb (especially with its -15% fire res and +15% cold dmg)

Once again, this is a FULLY optimized MeteOrb guide, so I don't like to use Tal's set in this because I've tried it, with my items, you can get best damage, life, Mf, etc. Tal's is not good for optimized MeteOrbs.
Gold: 3,475.00
Jan 4 2009 01:38pm
Quote (PetezJunior @ Sun, Jan 4 2009, 03:14pm)
Once again, this is a FULLY optimized MeteOrb guide, so I don't like to use Tal's set in this because I've tried it, with my items, you can get best damage, life, Mf, etc. Tal's is not good for optimized MeteOrbs.

i beg to differ, i would take a tals sorc over this one, tals simply offers too much for a meteorber, gets max res, 500 orb damage, and about 5k fireball/11k mete at lvl 90 with built in -enemy res and is a very very very small fraction of the cost of your sorc

first off, the idea of a mf sorc is to gain items/wealth in the game
if you can afford this gear you dont need to mf

the idea of a meteorber is that you don't need infinity to kill everything as you are a dual element sorceress, this perpetuating the cheapness and retaining the effectiveness (tho i do know that infinity will increase killspeed a lot)

there is no mention of -enemy res in gear, which is alarmingly effective in pvm (but your build requires infinity so i guess thats not worth mentioning?)

i dont agree with your merc choice either
prayer merc all the way for me, nn to slow enemys, you have frozen orb that does that plenty, and why would you deny the heals
guillaumes for damage, tals helm for survivability
treachery is the best armor choice for a merc imo, fade makes them invincible, and you cant argue with 45ias, more hits = more proc of cb = more damage, even has venom, they can hurt phys immunes too!

silkweaves are amazing boots, add a little maek (but you get that from occy)

which leads me to the next point that occys ctc tele when struck is probably the most annoying feature in the game, try to take out some souls in ws2 and all of a sudden you're in the middle of the whole pack of them, no wisp protector = bad news, to think that could have been prevented easily
Jan 4 2009 01:51pm
Quote (MajinKaisa @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 14:38)
i beg to differ, i would take a tals sorc over this one, tals simply offers too much for a meteorber, gets max res, 500 orb damage, and about 5k fireball/11k mete at lvl 90 with built in -enemy res and is a very very very small fraction of the cost of your sorc

first off, the idea of a mf sorc is to gain items/wealth in the game
if you can afford this gear you dont need to mf

the idea of a meteorber is that you don't need infinity to kill everything as you are a dual element sorceress, this perpetuating the cheapness and retaining the effectiveness (tho i do know that infinity will increase killspeed a lot)

there is no mention of -enemy res in gear, which is alarmingly effective in pvm (but your build requires infinity so i guess thats not worth mentioning?)

i dont agree with your merc choice either
prayer merc all the way for me, nn to slow enemys, you have frozen orb that does that plenty, and why would you deny the heals
guillaumes for damage, tals helm for survivability
treachery is the best armor choice for a merc imo, fade makes them invincible, and you cant argue with 45ias, more hits = more proc of cb = more damage, even has venom, they can hurt phys immunes too!

silkweaves are amazing boots, add a little maek (but you get that from occy)

which leads me to the next point that occys ctc tele when struck is probably the most annoying feature in the game, try to take out some souls in ws2 and all of a sudden you're in the middle of the whole pack of them, no wisp protector = bad news, to think that could have been prevented easily

Thanks for the imput. However, when I used tal's set, I had lower life, lower damage, lower mf, but higher resistances. With this guide, I've mixmatched all different possibilities into the equation. Like I said before, I used the tal's set in the past for a MeteOrb and found it to be more difficult. number one, it had less health, mana, and especiallyMf. Number two, it took much more time killing items. For example, my meteorb would take me approximately 15 minutes. However, a tal's set meteorb would take me around 18-20 minutes (yes, i even timed it.) Add some few runs and you'll see using my meteorb has taken considerably less time and better survival rate as well. You want speed in this type of build; therefore, I combined the best possible choices for a fully optimized sorc.

You'll see a prayer merc does do wonders but I'd rather have slower monsters attacking me rather than a rush of enemies swarm towards me while my merc gets iron maiden and dies too quickly. a a2 nm freezes the enemies and i prefer that.

I also stated using hoto if you wish; occy is my favorite because of its price and 80 mf gained from it. Although a hoto is a better solution, I'm quite stingy for the mf. i already explained the teleporting issue with the occy... If you wish, switch to hoto; however, i don't even find using the occy difficult one bit because you will constantly using teleport and, you can easily escape the monsters if you are teleported into the crowd, which does not even happen as much as you think.

You said something about the infinity and enemy res. Thanks for that imput. However, the infinity itself lowers ur monster's resistances and I didn't think it was necessary to list all monsters' resistances. With some 7mf 5 res scs, you can prevent resistance problems even though you are still at 75+ for each resistance in hell with this build and some anya quests.

This post was edited by PetezJunior on Jan 4 2009 01:55pm
Gold: 0.04
Jan 4 2009 02:03pm
gd y, but hdin > others chars for mf, as always !
Gold: 428.00
Jan 4 2009 02:03pm
Quote (PetezJunior @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 20:14)

Well you have less dmg on full tal, but you have -15% fire res without any sock, resulting in more effectiveness (imo) against monsters who have much fire res

edit : I was a bit long validate my post -.-

This post was edited by Scorpion01 on Jan 4 2009 02:05pm
Jan 4 2009 02:05pm
Quote (maximus_le_roi @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 15:03)
gd y, but hdin > others chars for mf, as always !

Well, that's your own opinion. Hdin may be a faster runner, but I prefer having more fun with characters and the hdin has around 200-300 mf, while this sorc is capable of having 600+ mf while still being able to do runs easily.
Jan 4 2009 02:06pm
Quote (Scorpion01 @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 15:03)
Well you have less dmg on full tal, but you have -15% fire res without any sock, resulting in more effectiveness (imo) against monsters who have much fire res

edit : I was a bit long validate my post -.-

Thanks but for all other types of monsters, id rather have higher fball damage and orb with my gear instead of tal's. it's your decision personally, but i told you this has highest damage overall of all types of monsters.
Gold: 300.01
Jan 4 2009 03:16pm
I don't like some of your gear choices, even if they're optional. Spirit as a must could be too much for some.... Tals is basically worthless...Most people that mf/make meteor/orb sorcs are probably not going to be able to afford much. Also your merc selection...Eth Sacred Fort/infinity...that alone can be pricey for someone poor. Id prefer prayer merc over defense. And there is many other cheaper merc alternatives that are very effective. I like that you're using the andy bug, but you could definatly make this sorc w/ much cheaper setups and get the same type of results. Not a terrible guide/ideas but I just really think met/orb or mfers should be worth close to nothing.
Jan 4 2009 03:33pm
Quote (NoizeX @ Sun, 4 Jan 2009, 16:16)
I don't like some of your gear choices, even if they're optional. Spirit as a must could be too much for some.... Tals is basically worthless...Most people that mf/make meteor/orb sorcs are probably not going to be able to afford much.  Also your merc selection...Eth Sacred Fort/infinity...that alone can be pricey for someone poor. Id prefer prayer merc over defense. And there is many other cheaper merc alternatives that are very effective.  I like that you're using the andy bug, but you could definatly make this sorc w/ much cheaper setups and get the same type of results.  Not a terrible guide/ideas but I just really think met/orb or mfers should be worth close to nothing.

I don't understand how this is pricey. none of the items listed are over 30 fg. Compare these to windy sorcs, hdin, etc... this is a fairly cheap build
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll