d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Gg Warcry Barb Guide-pvp Gm/bm > by: NickC8
Prev12346Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,800.87
Oct 30 2006 10:39pm
war cries + leap combined seems like an awesome choice, i got a singing barb, i didnt think about that !

Gold: 0.00
Oct 30 2006 11:42pm
Quote (behaart @ Mon, Oct 23 2006, 02:38am)
Sorry to say that buddy but u have absolutely no clue ībout shaman barbs. If that is a guide the people really cling to...good heavens!

Trying to give u some hints:

Warcry barbarians have absolutely no need for a shield. Where is the sense to block attacks from stunned monsters that donīt attack anyway? Furthermore the singer has massive life, so getting hit a few times is no big deal to him.

If i look at statements like that a shiver goes down my spine.

Helms:
08 valk - best choice, fhr,fcr,frw very nice helm
nice barb circlet-2nd best choice ( will require use of a fcr ring )

Best helmet u can get for a warcry barbarian is a magical 2 sox helm 3 WC, 3 NR, 3 Warcries. Hard to believe that u estimate a circlet better then that. Same thing with Boots. There is absolutely no need for Treks as with 7k+ life youīll never get in FHR except maybe with Nihlatakīs corpse explosion e.g. And if u really fear those rare occasions where heīs really conquered with FHR then use some charms. But its senseless really. The boots shall deliver mana thatīs it. Mana is everything with a warcry barbarian. castercrafted boots or silkweaves should be the wisemanīs choice here. Trang Ouls are absolutely worthless. Gimme a hint where u fear monsters with high colddam? Mages are the only gloves that make really sense. U could also use frosties but they are a little weaker. We need Mana, mana and again mana.The advice for the mercenary is merley a joke. First of all the gmerc doenīt work anymore (for godīs sake) and second the merc kills more then we with the intended equip. If that is a character concept to create a absolutely brainwashed build that only kills because itīs merc uses a bug that relies on duped items: uīre welcome. Why donīt u just give that equip to a amazon and let her run araound with gmerc? As mercenary thereīs really only one option: act2 nightmare

And thereīs only one choice as weapon for him: reaperīs toll. U could also use insight but that means a massive loss of damage u canīt egalize with gained +skills from your gear.

I knew a thousend more things bout this so called "guide" to critizice but i regret that iīm really not able to readl the whole guide through as tears of laughter make my sight a little blurry.

U want to use him for PVP? Simply forget about it. WC can be blocked, your mana will run out quite fast (especially with your items) and the damage is so low that most opponents could simply not realize that u are attacking them.

greetings Bernd

Why do people keep refering to monsters? This is labeled a PVP! guide. Now before I get shot I'm not defending this guide I imagine if you want DR a BerBer Coa with 2x Hotos makes much more sense. Then you have 80 FCR! so put on an Arach, FCR ring or Ammy and your at 105! I'm not sure about fhr atm but Coa gives 30 so your at least off to a start.
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Oct 31 2006 08:18am
Quote (Fink @ Tue, Oct 31 2006, 02:12am)
Quote (behaart @ Mon, Oct 23 2006, 02:38am)
Sorry to say that buddy but u have absolutely no clue ībout shaman barbs. If that is a guide the people really cling to...good heavens!

Warcry barbarians have absolutely no need for a shield. Where is the sense to block attacks from stunned monsters that donīt attack anyway? Furthermore the singer has massive life, so getting hit a few times is no big deal to him.

Helms:

Best helmet u can get for a warcry barbarian is a magical 2 sox helm 3 WC, 3 NR, 3 Warcries. Hard to believe that u estimate a circlet better then that. Same thing with Boots. There is absolutely no need for Treks as with 7k+ life youīll never get in FHR except maybe with Nihlatakīs corpse explosion e.g. And if u really fear those rare occasions where heīs really conquered with FHR then use some charms. But its senseless really. The boots shall deliver mana thatīs it. Mana is everything with a warcry barbarian. castercrafted boots or silkweaves should be the wisemanīs choice here. Trang Ouls are absolutely worthless. Gimme a hint where u fear monsters with high colddam? Mages are the only gloves that make really sense. U could also use frosties but they are a little weaker. We need Mana, mana and again mana.The advice for the mercenary is merley a joke. First of all the gmerc doenīt work anymore (for godīs sake) and second the merc kills more then we with the intended equip. If that is a character concept to create a absolutely brainwashed build that only kills because itīs merc uses a bug that relies on duped items: uīre welcome. Why donīt u just give that equip to a amazon and let her run araound with gmerc? As mercenary thereīs really only one option: act2 nightmare

And thereīs only one choice as weapon for him: reaperīs toll. U could also use insight but that means a massive loss of damage u canīt egalize with gained +skills from your gear.

I knew a thousend more things bout this so called "guide" to critizice but i regret that iīm really not able to readl the whole guide through as tears of laughter make my sight a little blurry.

U want to use him for PVP? Simply forget about it. WC can be blocked, your mana will run out quite fast (especially with your items) and the damage is so low that most opponents could simply not realize that u are attacking them.

greetings Bernd

You're an idiot

No, he's not. Obviously you are. Tell us your opinions so we can judge your vision on the warcry barb...

I only use him for PvM, sadly. I use a Prayer Merc who holds a Scythe Insight for insane mana regeneration, and a bit of life of course.

I'm more a fan of the 200% FCR Warcry Barbs, so I used the following set-up:

2x Wizzy = 100
Arach = 20
2x FCR Rings = 20
Magefists = 20
20% FCR Circlet = 20
20% FCR Amulet = 20

Enigma MP You definitely need Teleport. +2 / +5% Life / DR won't hurt either.
Caster Boots / Silkweaves

I made my Barbarian Vitality only, and his inventory consists out of a 20/xx/xx Anni, and a 20/xx Torch. As for charms, 20 Life Sc's are the best.

My Skills are simple:

20 Battle Orders
1 Battle Commands
1 Increased Speed
1 Natural Resistances
20 Warcry
20 Synergy
20 Synergy
20 Synergy
Nov 3 2006 12:21am
debatable
Nov 16 2006 12:13pm
nice guide
Warn: 90%
Nov 16 2006 01:13pm
wc barbs sucks due to
attack is dr'd
blockable
low dmg
Banned
Warn: 60%
Nov 16 2006 01:14pm
Quote (lopov @ Thu, Nov 16 2006, 07:13pm)
wc barbs sucks due to
attack is dr'd
blockable
low dmg

True, but they are funny PvMers. They can teleport as fast as sorceresses ^^
Gold: 50,133.06
Warn: 10%
Nov 23 2006 01:47am
I don't like his guide, I really disagree with this. My setup is as follows:

dual hoto: 80% fcr total, +6 skills, 60~80 all resists
arachnids: 20% fcr, 1 skill
wizardspike gloves: 50% fcr, mass mana, 75 all resists on a glove! ohmy.gif
dual sojs: 40 mana, increase max mana 50%, 2 skills
eth 15/15 treks: 15 vita (60 life for barb), 20% fhr, etc.
20% fcr amulet (mine is a self-crafted one with the following: 1 asn skills / 20 fcr / 102 mana / 11 fire resist / reg mana 10% -- I LOVE the 102 mana!!)
.08 Valks: 30% fcr, 50% fhr (with shael), etc.
mage plate Enigma: teleport, 2 skills, etc.

Other: +3 warcries amulet / Derilium made in a helm with +3 bo / +2 bcommands (saves me 1 point from being wasted into bc)

With this setup, he gets 200% fcr, 9 all skills, a lot of mana, and more. I would like to get a good mana boots with fhr on it, but for now I just use my self-found 15/15 eth treks spin.gif

I only got 7 warcry gc's at the moment, but I already got 1.1k mana with my own bo. No small charms yet. sleep.gif

He is currently lvl 90 and has the following skills maxed:
War Cry
Battle Cry (synergy)
Taunt (synergy)
Howl (synergy)
Battle Orders (life/mana)
1 in Shout

That's it. I suppose I could lvl up to 92 just to get 1 point in natural resists for even more stacked resists, although I already have maxed all resists in hell. I think my singer will do alot better than yours. PM me if you're from west ladder.

What do others think of my setup? If you think I should write my own singer guide, PM me and I'll make one. smile.gif
Gold: 47.00
Nov 29 2006 09:56pm
Quote (diablo_clone @ Tue, Oct 31 2006, 04:39am)
war cries + leap combined seems like an awesome choice, i got a singing barb, i didnt think about that !

The damage sucks though. All you need is a OK amount of fhr and dr and itll feel like a lvl 9 barb is punchin you. They are good in pub duel games but then again what isn't?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 30 2006 12:17am
Quote (behaart @ Sun, Oct 22 2006, 10:38pm)

Helms:

greetings Bernd

you're idiotic, the guide is a pvp guide, read his title descrip
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12346Next
Closed New Topic New Poll