d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > What Is A Good Bowazon Guide? > Pvm
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 261.00
Jul 7 2017 07:36am
Hi there :bouncy:

I want to try out a Bowazon cuz thats one build i never really touched.
But what would be good?
I found https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=74827628&f=87 this one but I canout really believe thats the best PVM Bowazon build?

Whats better in comparison - Faith or Windforce. The old downside of an a2 merc dying to im is long gone. Plus an a2 merc means + 1 blocker what is quite vital is full glass cannon.

and what skills do you recommend?
I wanna play with strafe cuz its a cool gatling bow. And I think 20 points in Valk are good too. But what else?

What is the best skillchoice for phys immun. Ive seen people suggesting he frost arrow + dmg synergie and some suggest the magic arrow.
What else to be done with the skillpoints?
Gold: 1,493.00
Jul 7 2017 07:43am
Thats the best ye.

Immunes?
U have 20 pts in magic arrow
U wear atmas

This post was edited by Klaasje123 on Jul 7 2017 07:43am
Gold: 396.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 7 2017 10:43am
This is a copy paste of my own post, but some stuff is altered.

Hc or sc?

Either way, this is my general setup:

Max strafe. Strafe i use instead of multishot, because with strafe, every arrow carries special effect modifiers such as chance to cast amplify damage from atma's scarab. Every arrow also pierces with enough points in pierce and if using razortail, so it is the most effective skill. Auto aim is also time consuming and easier to use.

Max valkyrie.
3-5 points in dodge, avoid, and evade.
3-5 points in pierce.
Max critical strike.

Remainder of points in guided arrow, which is mainly used for bosses.

Gear:

Fortitude, because of the 300% enhanced damage, and chilling armor increases defense. Treachery for poor player's option.

Razortail is the best belt, unless you are looking to survive burning souls, in which case you should use thundergod's vigor and dual wisp projector.

Gloves: Laying of hands set gloves gives 350% enhanced damage to demons, which is a significant boost, and i cannot see how crafted kb gloves can do them justice. Knockback isn't really that useful.

Raven is a good ring, but i've just come to realize, it isn't really necessary. It does increase damage a bit, but look to helmet option. As for rings in general, you should have a wisp projector and use Spirit of wolverine, which increases damage a little bit. Oak sage can be used, but dies far too often. Wolverine spirit seems to fly away from enemies and can take a few hits.

For second ring, you can use whatever you wish. Dwarf star for increased survivability, 12-15 mdr is not a bad thing. Ranged enemies are your biggest fear, especially packs with fana or might aura, multiple shot and extra strong. 1 volley can kill you.

Amulet: Atma's scarab is the best amulet. Amplify damage will be cast very often, and doubles output damage. Cat's eye is a very good amulet, and use it if you wish, but you will miss the doubled damage from atma's scarab.

Helmet: Kira's guardian. You should get as high all res as possible, and socket it with an um rune for more all res. This helmet also gives Cannot be frozen, so you really do not need a raven frost. This is a life saver and highly underestimated.

Boots: War travelers. You can try gore riders for yourself and see which deals more damage, in my experience, war travelers are the best boots.

Weapon: Faith grand matron bow is the best bow. For second place, i choose Eaglehorn, since it has Ignore target's defense. Combined with Atma's scarab and strafe, you will deal big damage. Windforce at third place. It has low attack rating, and slow attack speed, but high damage. I've taken off 1/3 of diablo's health bar with 1 arrow while cursed, in hell mode. Fourth option can be Cliffkiller. Harmony is a great runeword, which will make you run very fast. Almost any unique bow will do the job, but Faith Gmb is the porsche of bows.

Charms: I use mainly resist charms, max damage charms (AR not needed if you have ITD on bow), life, and faster run/walk. Faster hit recovery to hit some breakpoints. Magic find is welcome. 1 gheeds i always carry. I don't necessarily use torch, since i get tired from watching the firewave attack. Annihilus is great, but expensive.

Merc:

The grand setup is: Fortitude, pride and andariel's visage. "Poor" player's option may be shako, reaper's toll and treachery. Other options are vampire gaze, crown of thieves, duriel's shell, shaftstop, insight. With treachery, Fade will be cast almost always, which increases survivability quite a lot. Combined with damage reduction from vampire gaze, he will become tanky.

For softcore, you can be a little more aggressive and place more points in damage skills. For hardcore, you may want to place more points in defensie skills (d/a/e). You also have to play more defensively. Casting Decoy is a standard, i use it all the time, always in every doorway and around any corner. 1 fast boss pack can tear you down in 1 second, with lag spike too, you have no chance to react. Let Decoy be your scapegoat. If there's a pack, throw valkyrie there and start using strafe.

It is possible to not use valkyrie at all, in softcore, saving you lots of points. You must kite a little bit, but it's all up to your play style.

Good luck. Bowzon is the best build of all ^^
Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2017 11:23am
My fave is

Upped WWS w/ShaelNef
Razortail
Skullder/CoH
Stealskull
War Travs or MF/FRW boots
LoH
Ravenfrost
Nagel
Atma's Scarab

Harmony shadow bow/matriarchal bow on switch

Enough STR for gear, never more than 90 hard points
VIT, high enough to get in the 650-700 range at lvl 80
DEX, everything else

Max strafe, ignore all other bow skills
Max penetrate, enough points in pierce for 100% with Razortail, only 1 pt to CS, dump everything else into evasion skills and valk

A2 might merc with treachery, Vamp/CoT, and primary weapon Obedience thresher, with an upped Woestave or Kelpie in the stash for Diablo/Meph/Baal.

Can finish the game solo, MF Pits, Maus, Tunnels well, do Shenk, Eldritch, solo Chaos, and kill literally anything but DClone and ubers. Pretty affordable, and you can start rocking endgame gear in late norm/ early nightmare
Jul 7 2017 11:27am
Quote (Khboer @ 7 Jul 2017 19:23)
My fave is

Upped WWS w/ShaelNef
Razortail
Skullder/CoH
Stealskull
War Travs or MF/FRW boots
LoH
Ravenfrost
Nagel
Atma's Scarab

Harmony shadow bow/matriarchal bow on switch

Enough STR for gear, never more than 90 hard points
VIT, high enough to get in the 650-700 range at lvl 80
DEX, everything else

Max strafe, ignore all other bow skills
Max penetrate, enough points in pierce for 100% with Razortail, only 1 pt to CS, dump everything else into evasion skills and valk

A2 might merc with treachery, Vamp/CoT, and primary weapon Obedience thresher, with an upped Woestave or Kelpie in the stash for Diablo/Meph/Baal.

Can finish the game solo, MF Pits, Maus, Tunnels well, do Shenk, Eldritch, solo Chaos, and kill literally anything but DClone and ubers. Pretty affordable, and you can start rocking endgame gear in late norm/ early nightmare

Why coh? Coh needs a hr. Fort is better, and aldo needs a hr. (Coh needs ber and fort lo)

Duress as cheap mans armor. Or black hades (non eth)
Skullders is cool choice ye^^
Jul 7 2017 11:37am
Treachery is better than duress and black hades.

Skullders good to use on switch before a boss kill or such.

This post was edited by Taurean on Jul 7 2017 11:38am
Jul 7 2017 11:41am
Quote (Klaasje123 @ Jul 7 2017 09:27am)
Why coh? Coh needs a hr. Fort is better, and aldo needs a hr. (Coh needs ber and fort lo)

Duress as cheap mans armor. Or black hades (non eth)
Skullders is cool choice ye^^

CoH has better survivability for a bowa, in my experience. Your res is generally trash without torch and anni, as you lose the shield slot. Only bows offering res are Faith, WWS, and Silence. The additional LL really helps for what's a squishy mobility char. The DR is better. The +skills for evasion are a bit better than the extra defense that Fort grants, since you have no block to begin with. And you get +20 str. Plus, most of your targets are demons, so there's no noticable difference between the two in damage output outside of areas where undead and animals are a bigger threat, which isn't typical.

Duress is aight. CB is lower for ranged and won't proc much outside of Strafe. The OW is useful, and the res is decent. Lionheart offers a better stat boost tho, and better res. The bigger cold res on Duress isn't as good as the additional 15% in D and L, which is what gets you killed. If you're running hell pits, an extra 50% damage from Lionheart is more beneficial if most things die in 3-5 arrows than 1/10 health drop from CB on a bow. Can also use poision charms for PMH
Jul 7 2017 11:46am
Quote (Taurean @ Jul 7 2017 09:37am)
Treachery is better than duress and black hades.

Skullders good to use on switch before a boss kill or such.

Yes. But depending on the gear you've got, the IAS might not be that important, depending on your breakpoints. Plus, waiting for Fade to wear off in the midst of a fight is sketch. Venom won't add much damage, and can cut into poison length of charms for PMH
Jul 7 2017 12:52pm
Quote (Khboer @ 7 Jul 2017 19:41)
CoH has better survivability for a bowa, in my experience. Your res is generally trash without torch and anni, as you lose the shield slot. Only bows offering res are Faith, WWS, and Silence. The additional LL really helps for what's a squishy mobility char. The DR is better. The +skills for evasion are a bit better than the extra defense that Fort grants, since you have no block to begin with. And you get +20 str. Plus, most of your targets are demons, so there's no noticable difference between the two in damage output outside of areas where undead and animals are a bigger threat, which isn't typical.

Duress is aight. CB is lower for ranged and won't proc much outside of Strafe. The OW is useful, and the res is decent. Lionheart offers a better stat boost tho, and better res. The bigger cold res on Duress isn't as good as the additional 15% in D and L, which is what gets you killed. If you're running hell pits, an extra 50% damage from Lionheart is more beneficial if most things die in 3-5 arrows than 1/10 health drop from CB on a bow. Can also use poision charms for PMH

Hmm.. u may be right indeed. However Im not a fan of passives (d/e/a), cuz when u get hit, ull get in dodgelock, then u cant attack, but still taking dmg.

Fort is ofc better than coh. Coh is as expansive as fort. Keep the bers for enigma (other chars then, ofc not bowa)

Hades is actually pretty cool. 3x um in for 45 all res.
Duress is worse than coh ye. Thats true.
Lionheart is good as well. As well cheap.

Treachery is nice too. But squishy before fade casts^^
Once fade casts, its perhaps the best cheap armor u can use.
Jul 7 2017 03:22pm
Stand in the fire in the pillars in the beginning of River of flames, besides Hadriel, to trigger Fade safely. Takes time, but you get the bonus. Use Nokozan Relic for easy fire resist.

This post was edited by Taurean on Jul 7 2017 03:23pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll