d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Rappelz > Rappelz - Any Good?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Aug 4 2008 04:44pm
Well I have just downloaded the installer for it and its installing now, i have watched gameplay vids of it and it looks pretty good,

what would you give it out of 10 and why?
Gold: 95.50
Aug 5 2008 10:48pm
Just looked at it -- looks like a ripoff of Lineage 2
Banned
Gold: 165.00
Aug 5 2008 10:51pm
4/10

pros
can pk anywhere
graphics are good.

cons
pot fest
chip fest
Gold: 100.00
Aug 6 2008 02:37am
mmm i had a quick go of it, got bored quickly... i really liked the detail in the spells tho
Gold: 1,530.10
Aug 8 2008 07:31pm
5/10, this game doesn't offer anything special that any other MMO would have.

The pet system is fairly in-depth, but it's really hard to capture non-NPC pets. And of course the rare pets are a lot better.

The game is EXTREMELY party oriented, some classes cannot solo AT ALL. Also there are pretty much set places to level (dungeons), with ZERO variety.
In the first dungeon it is often hard to find a good party because there are a lot of noobs running around.

In the higher levels, you end up with hardcore players that have no life and expect to you stay in the party and grind with them for hours as they pop 3-4 Stamina Savers (cash shop item that doubles your EXP) and then threaten to have their guild PK if you if you leave the party (as mentioned, high levels can pretty much kill low levels anywhere at any time).

The ingame Auction House would seem like a nice feature, but it's really buggy and many players have had their items or ingame money deleted because of bugs. I also find it retarded that you have to pay your entire bid whether you're gonna win or not... Then it's your own responsibility to retrieve the item if you win and the money if you don't win...

The Noob Island where you first start is extremely in-depth and offers a lot of help for new players, but after you go through it completely one time; you'll wish you never had to do it again (starting alt characters really sucks). Too bad there is no option to skip it... you must do the noob island quests to get to your First Job class.

The overall grind isn't horrible, but you're expected to "overburn" your character and it give it some extra levels before you switch to your second job class - this will take you quite a while. Overburning gives you extra stats permanently, but many people feel it isn't worth time for only a few extra points. After you finally advance it's not so bad for another 15 levels, and you get to try out a lot of new skills. Then after that, the grind is pretty similar to any other game.

Also as mentioned the Chip system is pretty dumb. There is an item that when used on an enemy, it receives double damage for like 10 seconds. It's buyable from NPCs, but you end up using over 500 every day because in a party it will take 2-3 chips just to kill 1 monster. I don't understand, if it's buyable from NPCs, everyone has it, and it can be used on any monster (including bosses), why have it at all? I think it would make more sense to completely remove the chip system and just make all monsters with like half their HP...

Overall I wouldn't recommend this game, but after all it is free, and it's published by GPotato - so if you have a GPotato account already (from like FlyFF or something) you may give it a try if you're desperate and just want to try something new. If you're not desperate I would suggest you look for another game - as I first mentioned this game has nothing special to offer that would make it stand out from any other MMO...
Gold: 0.69
Aug 12 2008 02:34pm
E5 gets released tonight, new dungeon, net pets, new gear, also rumors of new job classes in e5 part 2 comming soon.
if you get a high enough pet you can solo on EVERY char first dungeon, if you have a 70+ pet you can own that place very easy if you decide to play this game lemme know i play on bahamut and have high pets to duo with happy.gif

i rate this 8/10
good game play
fun dungeon seiges/TAs

cons - typical Grinder

This post was edited by HolyShield on Aug 12 2008 02:35pm
Go Back To Rappelz Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll