d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Rappelz > Starting This Game. Need Some Tips.
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.95
Apr 10 2010 01:08pm
A little about the character:
So far I'm a level 15 fighter(Earth)(After doing the class change). I've upgraded all of my tier 1 armor to level 5 and I use a 2 handed axe. FEnrir Server. Currently I'm trying to do everything on Trainee Island before going into the "big world" since I died my first time IN the "big world". I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with 2 bosses, and a quest, which brings me to my questions:

- Is most of this game solo-able? Or later on do groups become necessary? If they do become necessary, then what's the most efficient way of getting one? So far all I've noticed is a ton of "BUY MY RUPEES ON MY SITE @ 10 DOLLARS FOR 1M" or something(Which I have no interest in doing).

- Is it worth doing all of the quests/bosses on Trainee Island? Or should I just go ahead and move on?

- Should I upgrade armor EVERY time I see the opportunity to get better armor, or should I save up money for a specific set?

- I noticed some Ursa Caverns area, but no one seems to ever be there to make a party with. Is it worth soloing? Or doing at all?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

This post was edited by PanikingDisco on Apr 10 2010 01:13pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 10 2010 02:51pm
if your starting, do all of trainee island.

levelling is much faster in a dungeon group, you can find many dungeon guides through google.

for gear, only upgrade weapon + main armor, dont waste money on anything else @ this point of the game.

dont do ursa, the amount of time it takes to get anything good is not worth it if your starting out
Apr 10 2010 03:03pm
Quote (DrMcFluffy @ Apr 10 2010 03:51pm)
if your starting, do all of trainee island.

levelling is much faster in a dungeon group, you can find many dungeon guides through google.

for gear, only upgrade weapon + main armor, dont waste money on anything else @ this point of the game.

dont do ursa, the amount of time it takes to get anything good is not worth it if your starting out

Thanks. I'll keep working on Trainee Island then. I just have to remember not to leave once I hit level 20. xD

A few Items I've gotten that I have NO idea what they do:

Blood of the Underworld Card. It says it ups the ability of a spell, but probably just trader fodder?
Cube-strike rank 2? Something like that. Not really descriptive.

This post was edited by PanikingDisco on Apr 10 2010 03:24pm
Apr 10 2010 04:49pm
Quote (PanikingDisco @ Apr 10 2010 04:03pm)
Thanks. I'll keep working on Trainee Island then. I just have to remember not to leave once I hit level 20. xD

A few Items I've gotten that I have NO idea what they do:

Blood of the Underworld Card. It says it ups the ability of a spell, but probably just trader fodder?
Cube-strike rank 2? Something like that. Not really descriptive.

You will get plenty of cards as drops and cubes. The cards give you boosts to your skills and will say what class will use that card. You can sell them on the auction house (I would suggest this) and use the auction house to give you an idea of what they are worth. Cubes are for improving your gear. (Strike is for weapon, Cube Skills are for your cards (I will explain this more in a moment), and def is ofc for armor). The higher the + you get to the more chance you have at failing to make it better. If you fail to improve your armor it is destroyed. The only ways of fixing this are buying a very expensive e-repair which you won't worry about for a long time, or e-protect (this has to be used while trying to raise the level of the item) which also you won't use for a long time. As far as your skill cards go, you can combine two +1s and a cube skill to try to make a +2, again if you fail the cards are gone. There is no way to protect a card. You will see gear that is +xx level xx. The + is from cubes and the highest it goes is +20, the level is from leveling it at the blacksmith. You will eventually get a card that is worth a lot, I would always cross reference the Auction House to give you a basic idea of what your card is worth.
Apr 10 2010 04:55pm
Quote (najazu @ Apr 10 2010 05:49pm)
You will get plenty of cards as drops and cubes.  The cards give you boosts to your skills and will say what class will use that card.  You can sell them on the auction house (I would suggest this) and use the auction house to give you an idea of what they are worth.  Cubes are for improving your gear.  (Strike is for weapon, Cube Skills are for your cards (I will explain this more in a moment), and def is ofc for armor).  The higher the + you get to the more chance you have at failing to make it better.  If you fail to improve your armor it is destroyed.  The only ways of fixing this are buying a very expensive e-repair which you won't worry about for a long time, or e-protect (this has to be used while trying to raise the level of the item) which also you won't use for a long time.  As far as your skill cards go, you can combine two +1s and a cube skill to try to make a +2, again if you fail the cards are gone.  There is no way to protect a card.  You will see gear that is +xx level xx.  The + is from cubes and the highest it goes is +20, the level is from leveling it at the blacksmith.  You will eventually get a card that is worth a lot, I would always cross reference the Auction House to give you a basic idea of what your card is worth.

Thanks, I wasn't even aware there WAS an auction house, but I'll be sure to reference this from now on to avoid asking these questions in the future. Now, for my next and hopefully last question, I got a Wolf Card but I can't figure out how to use it for the life of me. Or, it just isn't useable on the wolves I'm trying to use it on. How do I use it, and where is a wolf on Trainee island I could do it on?
Apr 10 2010 04:57pm
Quote (PanikingDisco @ Apr 10 2010 05:55pm)
Thanks, I wasn't even aware there WAS an auction house, but I'll be sure to reference this from now on to avoid asking these questions in the future. Now, for my next and hopefully last question, I got a Wolf Card but I can't figure out how to use it for the life of me. Or, it just isn't useable on the wolves I'm trying to use it on. How do I use it, and where is a wolf on Trainee island I could do it on?

You have to use it on a wolf. For the most part atleast later on all taming you are going to want done by a tamer. There are certain classes that have a higher % chance to successfully tame. It isn't as major with a wolf since it isn't as expensive of a card and its a fairly high tame chance without the help but you can fail to tame and when you do so you lose the card and are left with nothing. I am not sure if you can use it on any wolve sin trainee island or not.. the only ones I can think of are the wolf pups right outside of the main town.
Apr 10 2010 04:59pm
Quote (najazu @ Apr 10 2010 05:57pm)
You have to use it on a wolf.  For the most part atleast later on all taming you are going to want done by a tamer.  There are certain classes that have a higher % chance to successfully tame.  It isn't as major with a wolf since it isn't as expensive of a card and its a fairly high tame chance without the help but you can fail to tame and when you do so you lose the card and are left with nothing.  I am not sure if you can use it on any wolve sin trainee island or not.. the only ones I can think of are the wolf pups right outside of the main town.

Makes sense. And I actually thought of one more thing. Lol.

I noticed when searching on the Pirate ship, it said "Searching - Level 1". I'm assuming that implies you can raise your "searching level", how?
Apr 10 2010 05:01pm
Quote (PanikingDisco @ Apr 10 2010 05:59pm)
Makes sense. And I actually thought of one more thing. Lol.

I noticed when searching on the Pirate ship, it said "Searching - Level 1". I'm assuming that implies you can raise your "searching level", how?

I do not believe you raise your searching level, but I may be mistaken. I never really quested much since I started the game with a high level pet. I would suggest you do the game properly and stick to what you are able to make etc though because it is much more fun that way.

*EDIT*

Also feel free to PM me with any questions, I am more likely to answer you more quickly or message me on AIM (Najazu).

This post was edited by najazu on Apr 10 2010 05:02pm
Apr 10 2010 05:04pm
Quote (najazu @ Apr 10 2010 06:01pm)
I do not believe you raise your searching level, but I may be mistaken.  I never really quested much since I started the game with a high level pet.  I would suggest you do the game properly and stick to what you are able to make etc though because it is much more fun that way.

*EDIT*

Also feel free to PM me with any questions, I am more likely to answer you more quickly or message me on AIM (Najazu).

Alright, thanks. And yeah, I don't plan on buying any gold for this game or anything. I like to play through at least ONE time legitimately. I actually started this game in Beta, got level 10, and quit. Not sure why, though. I still have the character from that long ago xD

/edit: at least I'm pretty sure it was in Beta, it was a VERY long time ago.

This post was edited by PanikingDisco on Apr 10 2010 05:04pm
Apr 10 2010 05:08pm
Quote (PanikingDisco @ Apr 10 2010 06:04pm)
Alright, thanks. And yeah, I don't plan on buying any gold for this game or anything. I like to play through at least ONE time legitimately. I actually started this game in Beta, got level 10, and quit. Not sure why, though. I still have the character from that long ago xD

/edit: at least I'm pretty sure it was in Beta, it was a VERY long time ago.

Ah cool. Yeah the game is fairly old, but still a good one. When you see Randy call him fat for me. Kthx.
Go Back To Rappelz Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll