d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Rappelz > Lookin To Start This Game > Iso: Info
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,635.00
Sep 19 2008 01:42pm
Can anyone tell me about this game? Is it complicated? Easy to learn? Is there an item mall that basically makes the game p2p in all but name? I'm lookin for the players inside info smile.gif I checked out the forums but too much stuff goin on, couldn't sort through it all since I have no idea what people are talking about
Gold: 78.19
Sep 19 2008 05:32pm
It is quite easy to learn.. learned most of it in a few days, i've been playing for only 1 week tho so can't give you any detailed information on it. It's innovation are " pets " that can walk around with you.. basically it's a monster fighting for you that you can tame ( you need an empty card and the taming rate isn't 100% ), each of those pets have different " unity " skills that they get a level 45/95/145 ( that's what i've been told ) and those unity skills gives you buffs on your main character. The level limit for now is 150 but it takes months to get there.. even if you're leveling really fast and using SS ( stamina savers that gives you extra exp/job points for 1hour ). There's a new version that just came out in August: Epic 5 Part1 and the rumors are running around that we'll get Epic 5 Part2 in about 2months.

It's like about any other MMORPGs.. you have to grind a lot to get high level. Yes there is an item mall, but you still can buy about anything from the item mall from players into the game since that the ratio is quite high.. about 1$ for 1million of in game gold. The community on that game is the most respectfull community i've ever saw on any games.. not a lot of people talk shit and ect, there's still some of them.. but in HUGE minority, whenever you ask a question, you'll most likely get an answer a few seconds after unless no one knows the answer =P
Gold: 22.00
Sep 20 2008 03:14am
ill agree with nessa on this, its a very well behaved community, and contrary to diablo 2, gms are there and have enough powers to do something. scamming is a thing of the past, as just a few screenshots sent to support will get the scammer ip banned from the game.
Its quite possible to play without spending real money on it, youll find a good amount of stuff levelling, skill cards, a possibly good find (dpends on the skill) can drop from lvl 1 on.
id recommend you get together with one of the players here and join their server, its a lot easier starting up if you can party up and play together with someone.

im on pantera, nessa on lydian
Sep 20 2008 11:29am
Ah thanks for the replies smile.gif What's the PvP like? And meh I figure I'll just randomly start on a server. What's the largest/oldest/most popular/etc? What are they known for? smile.gif) What's the hardest to start on? What has the worst economy? Sorry I'm asking so many questions but I'm a curious cat :3

I don't really know anyone, used to know someone who played it but I forget what server they were on. I just hope I don't screw up my char too badly!
Sep 20 2008 11:30am
lydian is relatively populous.
worst economy is on pantera (pvp) server, but this one has the most action^^
Sep 20 2008 03:57pm
Quote (ascaii @ Sat, Sep 20 2008, 05:30pm)
lydian is relatively populous.
worst economy is on pantera (pvp) server, but this one has the most action^^

So there's separate PvP servers? WTF...what's the point of even playing if you can't eventually do PvP?
Sep 21 2008 12:13am
you *can* pvp on the other servers, theres just a few differences.

there is a penalty system for pking other players. you have a so called "morality-meter", if you pk too many people you get some pretty nasty debuffs from the game itself.

on the pvp server its a bit looser, though here there is also a 5% chance on PK to lose one of your equipped items, adding a little extra spice. this is also the reason the economy is a bit screwy here at times^^

obviously pvping is a large thing on pantera
if your goal is to eventually pvp, definitely play on pantera

This post was edited by ascaii on Sep 21 2008 12:14am
Sep 21 2008 12:07pm
Quote (ascaii @ Sun, Sep 21 2008, 06:13am)
you *can* pvp on the other servers, theres just a few differences.

there is a penalty system for pking other players. you have a so called "morality-meter", if you pk too many people you get some pretty nasty debuffs from the game itself.

on the pvp server its a bit looser, though here there is also a 5% chance on PK  to lose one of your equipped items, adding a little extra spice. this is also the reason the economy is a bit screwy here at times^^

obviously pvping is a large thing on pantera
if your goal is to eventually pvp, definitely play on pantera

Well I mean I definitely like the penalty for PKing, depending on whether or not it just makes it ball crushing to PK anybody. But I play Eudemons Online, which is a lot like Conquer which a lot more people have played. In there, after awhile the only way you can show your power is to PK, so people do it. And you get PK points, and after so many, if someone PKs you you'll go to jail and maybe lose some equips. So i mean it just seems that after awhile you'll collect so much crap and get so strong..but nothing to use your power on. On Pantera, is there some sort of protection for newbs? I don't wanna get PK'd at lvl 1 by the top players in the game -.-
Sep 21 2008 02:19pm
on rappelz you begin the game in a safe area inaccessible to anyone over lvl 15, so youre completely safe till about lvl 20, when you finish all the quests on the island. afterwards, depending on what you do, you can always run into a rogue pker, but theyre usually in dungeons. if you do play pant, let me know and i can dungeon you a bit, thatll get you to lvl 30 or so in an hour XD
Gold: 9.00
Sep 21 2008 11:02pm
about the most crowded/oldest im pretty sure its the tortus server on both parts. whenever i log in it looks like tortus is most crowded, i don't know about economy tho i could list a few things and see what other people compare their server prices to.

e. bp-17 mil
e. rp-19 mil
e. yeti- 21 mil
e. orc- 20 mil
e. skell- way too randomn 20-38 mil at points
e. sally-hit 100 mil other day
rock energy card-8 mil
fosf card- 7.5 mil
cleric big buff cards-8 mil
taming cards-ftw my eyes hurt just by looking at those prices
Go Back To Rappelz Topic List
123Next