d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds >
Poll > Best Item Sets To Have For Your Goals
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Banned
Gold: Locked
Oct 15 2023 01:54pm
I'd be interested in what people have and what is their reasoning for it.

I don't see any point in guild points, so I'm trying to figure out what are the best sets if I only ever want to go up to warlock, with the ability to solo aswell.

Currently I only have a club set and I'm thinking with a dagger set I could go up to ninja next season..
Gold: 176,199.33
Trader: Trusted
Oct 15 2023 02:01pm
Casting:
Caster charms - for mage/monk/ninja/warlock
Int robes - for mage/monk/ninja/warlock
Int staffs - for warlock
Int daggers for mage/monk/ninja/warlock
Heals - for all classes if solo

Melee:
Swords - for samurai/ninja
Axes - for paladin/headhunter
Str robes - for samurai/paladin/ninja/headhunter
Str lightnings - for samurai/paladin/ninja/headhunter
Ee plates - for samurai/paladin

Mostly solo or MM

This post was edited by TGHodin on Oct 15 2023 02:02pm
Gold: 590.38
Trader: Trusted
Oct 15 2023 02:06pm
Got lights and full int Gear.

Simple reason - to buy melee Gear that Matches my damage Casting i would need to Invest another 300-400k Fg and i Dont See that Happen
Gold: 32,044.19
Oct 15 2023 02:24pm

Nice to have melee gear to solo. Least amount of gear needed with daggers and axes. Offcast in groups is good with above average groups, bad in shit groups, and dogshit solo until higher levels.

This post was edited by Pick on Oct 15 2023 02:25pm
Gold: 15,350.35
Oct 15 2023 04:18pm
depends what your goal is:

To make fg, 4 different choices:
Barb - Has much better stats for solo'ing with clubs, a total of 120 strength/vitality compared to 100 of fighter.
Club set - This is the cheapest melee weapon due to only theoretically being useful on one class, paladin, seeing you'll have gear for feeder no matter what else you do.
Strength charms
Either ee or strength plates - Plates will again be cheapest seeing medium armors are HH usable. Although at lower amounts this is generally the same price as players who reach HH can usually afford/borrow closer to top end stat gear.

Rogue - If you REALLY like finishing maps, this is the only feeder which can avoid trap doors. With 95 useful stats of dex/vit is significantly worse than a barb though.
Staff set - Second cheapest melee weapon, more expensive than clubs as these work really well to combo with swords.
Dex charms - More expensive than strength charms
Dex/EE medium armors - Ideally avoid robes, ee robes are just a bit lacklustre whilst dex robes cost an absolute fortune.

Mage - Has much better damage output than the other 2 above, but requires you to deal with mana as well. This really should be the go to farming class, not really sure why it isnt used more often. 80 useful starting stats is the lowest so far, but shouldnt really be compared to melee
Intel dagger set - No point using intel staffs as they are extremely expensive for the half good ones.
Intel robe set - These are generally going to be reasonably expensive as any player who reaches warlock will need a set and hitting warlock is significantly more common than HH.
Damage charm set - Up until about 110ee, these are extremely cheap seeing everyone goes melee. 100ee level 55 is usually in the regions of 20-40 fg. 180+ gets very expensive.
Heal charm set - Same as above

Caster rogue - Only reason to use this over a mage is if you can get hold of at least 30 more int on the armor/weapon combined. As this only has 60 useful starting stats. Also has no useful blue abilities for casting, so another reason this is generally avoided compared to mage.
Melee until level 20-30, usually staffs/daggers with dex gear
Level 30+ intel clubs/axes/whatever you can get your hands on which is cheap
Level 30+ intel scales/leathers - Again will be a lot cheaper than robes
Level 30+ damage charm set
Heal charm set

Personally would suggest if you have over 1k fg budget, best off with mage.
At less than 1k fg budget, i'd generally recommend the barb.

For attempting to reset there's 3 main choices:
Daggers/axes/Warlock gear/dex gear - This covers all classes, however is the most expensive approach.

clubs/daggers/warlock gear/strength and dex gear - The goal here is to reach headhunter and worry about axes when you get there.
Swords/Staffs/Warlock gear/strength and dex gear - The goal here is to reach headhunter and worry about axes when you get there.

As said by andreas, it's doable to cast each class as well, however this usually requires a minimum of a 180ee damage charm otherwise your damage will be crud especially on samurai.

For having fun - Use whatever the heck you want.
I've not mentioned heavy weapons as so few exist that getting hold of any of the good ones is extremely expensive.

This post was edited by Bigheaded on Oct 15 2023 04:19pm
Banned
Oct 16 2023 08:24am
Quote (Bigheaded @ Oct 15 2023 11:18pm)
depends what your goal is:

To make fg, 4 different choices:
Barb - Has much better stats for solo'ing with clubs, a total of 120 strength/vitality compared to 100 of fighter.
Club set - This is the cheapest melee weapon due to only theoretically being useful on one class, paladin, seeing you'll have gear for feeder no matter what else you do.
Strength charms
Either ee or strength plates - Plates will again be cheapest seeing medium armors are HH usable. Although at lower amounts this is generally the same price as players who reach HH can usually afford/borrow closer to top end stat gear.

Rogue - If you REALLY like finishing maps, this is the only feeder which can avoid trap doors. With 95 useful stats of dex/vit is significantly worse than a barb though.
Staff set - Second cheapest melee weapon, more expensive than clubs as these work really well to combo with swords.
Dex charms - More expensive than strength charms
Dex/EE medium armors - Ideally avoid robes, ee robes are just a bit lacklustre whilst dex robes cost an absolute fortune.

Mage - Has much better damage output than the other 2 above, but requires you to deal with mana as well. This really should be the go to farming class, not really sure why it isnt used more often. 80 useful starting stats is the lowest so far, but shouldnt really be compared to melee
Intel dagger set - No point using intel staffs as they are extremely expensive for the half good ones.
Intel robe set - These are generally going to be reasonably expensive as any player who reaches warlock will need a set and hitting warlock is significantly more common than HH.
Damage charm set - Up until about 110ee, these are extremely cheap seeing everyone goes melee. 100ee level 55 is usually in the regions of 20-40 fg. 180+ gets very expensive.
Heal charm set - Same as above

Caster rogue - Only reason to use this over a mage is if you can get hold of at least 30 more int on the armor/weapon combined. As this only has 60 useful starting stats. Also has no useful blue abilities for casting, so another reason this is generally avoided compared to mage.
Melee until level 20-30, usually staffs/daggers with dex gear
Level 30+ intel clubs/axes/whatever you can get your hands on which is cheap
Level 30+ intel scales/leathers - Again will be a lot cheaper than robes
Level 30+ damage charm set
Heal charm set

Personally would suggest if you have over 1k fg budget, best off with mage.
At less than 1k fg budget, i'd generally recommend the barb.

For attempting to reset there's 3 main choices:
Daggers/axes/Warlock gear/dex gear - This covers all classes, however is the most expensive approach.

clubs/daggers/warlock gear/strength and dex gear - The goal here is to reach headhunter and worry about axes when you get there.
Swords/Staffs/Warlock gear/strength and dex gear - The goal here is to reach headhunter and worry about axes when you get there.

As said by andreas, it's doable to cast each class as well, however this usually requires a minimum of a 180ee damage charm otherwise your damage will be crud especially on samurai.

For having fun - Use whatever the heck you want.
I've not mentioned heavy weapons as so few exist that getting hold of any of the good ones is extremely expensive.

Yes I'm kind of invested in melee now, I have the 50 int dagger, a 117ee mq ice, a 138ee lvl50 wild, just need an int robe and some mana regen. Kind of hating myself for not buying a 44int mq robe that was on mp for 1.5k recently. I don't know why muters don't do heavies, seem like they are worth more than double the fg for similar ee. I currently have this as mq gear:

Rare godwood club
Level Req: 55
Damage: 168 to 756

+143% Enhanced Effect
+2 Critical Strike

Magical tintitanium plate mail
Level Req: 50
Physical Defense: 125 to 376
Magical Defense: 0 to 31

+139% Enhanced Effect

Rare heal XIII
Heals: 39 to 104
Mana Cost: 101

+40 Strength
+7 Vitality

Not sure what to upgrade next, could buy a 56 str charm, or save up for better club, couldn't find any str or ee mq armors..
Gold: 15,350.35
Oct 16 2023 09:06am
Quote (woofer14 @ Oct 16 2023 03:24pm)
Yes I'm kind of invested in melee now, I have the 50 int dagger, a 117ee mq ice, a 138ee lvl50 wild, just need an int robe and some mana regen. Kind of hating myself for not buying a 44int mq robe that was on mp for 1.5k recently. I don't know why muters don't do heavies, seem like they are worth more than double the fg for similar ee

simple.

a 60 dex plate is worth like 3-5k fg. a 60 dex robe is worth in the regions of 100k
same for intel.
strength isnt worth as much, but again robes are significantly more expensive.

a 200ee plate is worth around 3k, tbh a 200ee padded robe is also around the 3k mark, so theres every reason to not do robes.

I currently have this as mq gear:

Rare godwood club
Damage: 168 to 756

+143% Enhanced Effect
+2 Critical Strike

Physical Defense: 125 to 376

+139% Enhanced Effect

Rare heal XIII
Heals: 39 to 104
Mana Cost: 101

+40 Strength
+7 Vitality

Not sure what to upgrade next, could buy a 56 str charm, or save up for better club, couldn't find any str or ee mq armors..

i'd argue for saving for a better club, getting something 180+ would be huge, should be able to afford a 180ee with what you've got.
Gold: 9,321.80
Oct 18 2023 11:53pm
Simply put:

Dexterity is the universal stat that is beneficial up to Headhunter (excluding Warlock) and switch to Intelligence Armor to correspond efficiently for an Alchemist since it can not use weapons.

Taking the above paragraph statement, you can decide the route you take with the items you mentioned/questioned.

Basically you have one major item that is the most expensive ... +X Intelligence Padded Robes. Why, because the only character that can NOT wield a Robe (&/or Scales) is the Guardian ... a feeder class. Thus you may just play a casting role from feeder to unlocked character, but, but, for melee, the next best stat is Dexterity, which is more universal than Strength, however, you have to plan your build(s) from Feeder to Alchemist and what items you will choose during that time.
Banned
Nov 12 2023 03:44pm
My current setup is:

Mystical godwood club
Damage: 229 to 1033

+192% Enhanced Effect
+2% Mind Numb
+1% Physical Damage Reduction

Physical Defense: 121 to 363

+139% Enhanced Effect

Rare ice XIV
Spell Damage: 127 to 152
Mana Cost: 109

+82% Enhanced Effect
+58 Strength

Obviously next upgrade is armor but I'm wondering if I ee or strength would be better for climbing/deathfarming
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll