d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Restart Plan
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16.01
Jul 5 2024 05:26am
Requesting review and advice on the following layout for seasonal reset. What am I forgetting to do? Where am I wasting time? Ideally, this should be the fastest route to a 6-piece set bonus, and I expect everyone to poop out by that time, if I can even keep them going that long. Anyway, take a look, let me know what you think, feel free to copy and paste it for your own group, whatever.

Diablo 3 reset strategy

Group Tasks
One Nephalem Rift on Master
One Neph Rift on t1-70
Find the Cube
Cydaea on Hard60
Siegebreaker on Hard60
Izual on Normal
Rakanoth on Normal
Maghda on Normal31
Maghda on Master70
Belial Master70
One full bounty split
All keywardens on t4-70
Aranaea on t2-70
Skeleton King t4-70
Split bounty until 5 jewel recipes drop

Individual Tasks
CHALLENGE RIFT
Socket Gear
Craft an amulet
Use the mystic to transmog and enchant
Use mystic to roll a weapon socket
Craft lvl 70 weapon
Use Imperial Gem recipe
Use blood shards
Use Cube (recipe 1)
GR20 (GR19 is t4)
Use Kanai cube to rare->legendary (recipe 3)

In order
Pre-start - study the challenge rift so you can hit it in one try once you make your character
Decide on a class, and study which items to use your recipe 3 and blood shards on
Make sure you have an open character slot
At start
EACH PLAYER MAKES CHARACTER FIRST, BEING CAREFUL TO GO SEASONAL
EACH PLAYER DOES CHALLENGE RIFT
Meet for 4 player game on Normal difficulty most uncertain about this norm difficulty, can we do hard or master for a bounty split?
Max out all NPCs
Altar of Rites level 1
Use shards and recipe 3s
Find Kanai's Cube
Izual and Rakanoth
Bounty split act 4, then act 1 until level 31
Game 2
Split and find normal game with Maghda bounty cache, then meet there
Altar of Rites level 1 equipment
Craft and equip level 70 gear, as much as possible, must include weapon and amulet
reroll a socket on a weapon
transmog something
use cube recipe 1 on something if not done already
Game 3+
Meet in Torment 6 game
Do full bounty split, then reevaluate difficulty
Cydaea and Siegebreaker, on Hard60 or better
At level 60, change from bounty splits to rifts until 70
Do 4 person GRs until geared for GR20 solo
roll at least one imperial gem
Maghda on t4
Belial on t4
All keywardens on t4
Aranaea on t4
Skeleton King t4

Split games
Each person does GR20

Recombine and GR until ready to call it a night, rifting as needed to refill keys
Gold: 42,310.37
Jul 5 2024 08:46am
sounds like a good plan ;) :D
Gold: 550.50
Jul 5 2024 08:56am
I just do what Raxx tells me
Gold: 3,621.69
Jul 7 2024 01:27am
first step is uninstall
next step is paly anything else
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,352.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 8 2024 01:06pm
Your plan is the fastest route to a 6 piece set.
My plan is to get the highest torment and greater rift level to speed up paragon leveling.
The set will drop on the journey faster then you can imagine.
Here is my route:

Do challenge rift or if that is to hard do visions of enmity when available.
update blacksmith to level 12 easy with challenge rift reward. a bit slower without.
Get kanai cube you will be close to level 18 after that.
Get to level 18 and make flawless diamond (Zoltun Kulle runs till you have 2 diamonds) and take items are lvl 1 on altar
Equip lvl 70 items.
Go torment 6 and destroy everything.
Scale back torment level if killing takes to long
Do rifts and/or bounties (i prefer bounties with visions of enmity)
From level 68 do bounties to obtain needed sets. Open caches @ reaching level 70.
Get double bounty caches on the altar asap for required uniques like rorg
Reach level 70
get sets:
- cain destiny (gloves, helm)
- captain crimson's trimmings (for belt, pants, boots)
- Aughild's Authority (for chest, shoulders, bracers)
- Sage Journey equippe on follower for death's breaths (reward for reaching level 70)
Craft lvl 70 unique if possible ancient (easy with challenge rift reward bloodshards and kanai cube crafting)
Go torment 3, 4, 5 or 6 in rifts, bounties/visions of enmity and lvl 1- 35 greater rifts
level up your torment, greater rift level as soon as you can handle it.
Legacy of Dreams (LOD) most of the time drops with second greater rift
Collect uniques. level up LOD and destroy everything up to torment 16.
Your set will drop on the way. Switch to a set if you have all set items or continue with a LOD build.

Jul 8 2024 08:55pm
Quote (Caitlin @ Jul 8 2024 03:06pm)
Your plan is the fastest route to a 6 piece set.
My plan is to get the highest torment and greater rift level to speed up paragon leveling.

A few parts I'd love to talk about more. I had heard that Maghda always drops diamonds, but Kulle works also? Or is he just the fastest boss to do over and over?
And maybe 2 runs at 18 is better than one run at 31, especially if it works on any act 2 boss.

I had also been counting on LOD to drop early, but I thought that was just random luck. Either way, that's already cooked into my plan, where we do 4-man GRs to gear for T4 starting at lvl 70.
By that point, I think we already have first Gift, but not 2nd, so LOD might be stronger than 2-piece set bonus, even with whatever we found.

The trouble with blacksmith to 12 on Visions is that Breaths don't drop until level 60, or I'd be saving my challenge rift for my upgrading the shrine.
Retired Moderator
Jul 9 2024 04:53am
Quote (xJudicatorx @ 9 Jul 2024 04:55)
A few parts I'd love to talk about more. I had heard that Maghda always drops diamonds, but Kulle works also? Or is he just the fastest boss to do over and over?
And maybe 2 runs at 18 is better than one run at 31, especially if it works on any act 2 boss.

I had also been counting on LOD to drop early, but I thought that was just random luck. Either way, that's already cooked into my plan, where we do 4-man GRs to gear for T4 starting at lvl 70.
By that point, I think we already have first Gift, but not 2nd, so LOD might be stronger than 2-piece set bonus, even with whatever we found.

The trouble with blacksmith to 12 on Visions is that Breaths don't drop until level 60, or I'd be saving my challenge rift for my upgrading the shrine.

Magda and Kulle are both easy to reach. Dont think it matters which boss you choose.
Breath's drop inside visions below lvl 60. You only have to encounter the right group of monsters.
The groups that explode in breath's when you kill them on high torment level.
Drop chance is low and dont expect the same amount. But those groups can give you breath's before level 60
Previous season i upped all vendors before level 30 without challenge rift cache
LOD dropping fast isnt guaranteed. But most of the time i have it before 4th run. All about range :P
Gold: 23.75
Jul 10 2024 03:57pm
Quote (Zesicla @ Jul 5 2024 09:46am)
sounds like a good plan ;) :D

I changed my mind about this season. I decided not to play. On the PC anyway. Too time consuming.
Still debating if I'll play a little on the Nintendo Switch but I doubt it. I'll wait for a better recycled season.
I wish you all the best on D3 this season. I hope you find all the best in slot gear possible. Every primal.
Retired Moderator
Jul 14 2024 03:34am
How is your restart plan performing?
Jul 15 2024 12:48am
Quote (Caitlin @ Jul 14 2024 05:34am)
How is your restart plan performing?

A lot of it had to change on the fly because I wasn't sure how fast I'd be leveling and never managed to find an organized group. Still I joined a pub game and got everyone pointed in the right direction. My necro made finishing the season journey a breeze, but in retrospect, I wish I had just stuck with the monk I'm more familiar with. Now I've got this necro that is op, but I hate playing him and don't want to take the time to learn all of his op gear, so I just started a monk the second I got a LoD

P.S. The season journey changed, specifically which bosses needed to be done at each difficulty, so that part is apparently just impossible to plan

This post was edited by xJudicatorx on Jul 15 2024 12:50am
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll