d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Check Items Without Id'ing Them..
Prev1798081828392Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 300.00
Jul 16 2012 10:20pm
if you enter the exposed code into your game chat, it will crash your client

I was testing this out of curiosity and to see if it was hotfixed yet (I imagine the downtime tomorrow will be addressing this and fairly longer)

All I can say is, and I've said it before - don't bother buying unid now for 2 reasons:

1. Most people run a1 or a3 without stacked mf so their unid items have a slightly lower probability of being 6 prop (i.e. "good") and
2. Obvoiusly because of this exploit that should have been fixed when they patched the ability to create your own stats by exposing item codes---------

SERIOUSLY how bad is this team? Why on earth would they fix one thing with one problem but not take a few seconds to think "oh hey I wonder if there's any other holes in our item code...?" really? really? Blows my mind

Personally, I am always going to be selling and never buying in this game unless I hit a gear check and absolutely need to upgrade an item, and even still I'll just use pixel gold on the g AH

It's sad. Beyond repair.

i agree with whoever said they should auto-ID every item after this patch but I don't really know the mechanics of how easy that would be to do for every single unid item in the game on every account, though. Also, they don't have much of an incentive to even worry about items left unid and people getting scammed because you can't sell unid items on either auction houses, so why would they care if people are getting ripped off when they get no cut

Gold: 2,281.10
Jul 16 2012 10:28pm
Quote (roflcopter666 @ Jul 16 2012 03:47pm)
Do macs even have delete keys?!

On a serious note, try a different character and STOP RAGING.

Try: ㅇ[Item]

Press delete after the ㅇ but before the [Item].

FN + SHFT + DELETE = Windows delete.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 16 2012 10:31pm
so can you check items directly from chat?
Gold: 603.00
Jul 16 2012 10:36pm
Quote (TK_Zerothehero @ Jul 16 2012 09:20pm)
if you enter the exposed code into your game chat, it will crash your client

I was testing this out of curiosity and to see if it was hotfixed yet (I imagine the downtime tomorrow will be addressing this and fairly longer)

All I can say is, and I've said it before - don't bother buying unid now for 2 reasons:

1. Most people run a1 or a3 without stacked mf so their unid items have a slightly lower probability of being 6 prop (i.e. "good") and
2. Obvoiusly because of this exploit that should have been fixed when they patched the ability to create your own stats by exposing item codes---------

SERIOUSLY how bad is this team? Why on earth would they fix one thing with one problem but not take a few seconds to think "oh hey I wonder if there's any other holes in our item code...?" really? really? Blows my mind

Personally, I am always going to be selling and never buying in this game unless I hit a gear check and absolutely need to upgrade an item, and even still I'll just use pixel gold on the g AH

It's sad. Beyond repair.

i agree with whoever said they should auto-ID every item after this patch but I don't really know the mechanics of how easy that would be to do for every single unid item in the game on every account, though. Also, they don't have much of an incentive to even worry about items left unid and people getting scammed because you can't sell unid items on either auction houses, so why would they care if people are getting ripped off when they get no cut

Can someone please show me a link or anything where blizz has stated this is the case?

I've researched it and have found no evidence of this being true.
Jul 16 2012 10:38pm
Quote (Lancet_Jade @ Jul 17 2012 12:36am)
Can someone please show me a link or anything where blizz has stated this is the case?

I've researched it and have found no evidence of this being true.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

Gold: 115.00
Jul 16 2012 10:45pm
doesn't work
trolls

This post was edited by MinChewy on Jul 16 2012 10:45pm
Gold: 472.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 16 2012 10:53pm
works flawlessly

here is the site that you enter the copied info so that it displays what affix/suffix you get.

http://jsfiddle.net/SbhyY/embedded/result/

remember; you have to go to the AH screen and do it.

here is the site to check your affix/suffix

http://www.d3lexicon.com/affix#all

so [ring]alt + 135 alt + 135 [ring]
is
[ring]çç[ring]

put the cursor in the middle of them and then hit delete 3x and the code will display.

That alt code has worked for every item i've tried it on.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 16 2012 11:04pm
Buying all weapons, 6 stat with -283720566. Lmk.
Jul 16 2012 11:06pm
Quote (disced @ Jul 17 2012 12:53am)
works flawlessly

here is the site that you enter the copied info so that it displays what affix/suffix you get.

http://jsfiddle.net/SbhyY/embedded/result/

remember; you have to go to the AH screen and do it.

here is the site to check your affix/suffix

http://www.d3lexicon.com/affix#all

so [ring]alt + 135 alt + 135 [ring]
is
[ring]çç[ring]

put the cursor in the middle of them and then hit delete 3x and the code will display.

That alt code has worked for every item i've tried it on.

you can be in game chat too not just AH - but maybe that's why I got disconnected idk. i used ]é|é[ - the bold is not added, just where I placed the cursor. It is the delete key, not backspace, and don't hit enter. Use it for educational purposes and don't scam anyone. I still see people buying unids on the trade forums, and people posting "legit, no exploits used" - but with no repercussions and no way to tell if you looked at the stats beforehand, why would someone not take a peek before selling unid. There's no way they wouldn't.

I'm posting this as a "buyer beware", because it DOES work and people can see their unid items and even look up a pastebin of codes to see the stats. ID everything, and know what you're buying before you buy it (i.e. don't get unids)

Gold: Locked
Jul 16 2012 11:08pm
this thread needs to get closed already
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev1798081828392Next
Closed New Topic New Poll