d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Monk Pvp Gearing/strategies > Monks Have Big Balls
Prev167891018Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,834.00
Feb 28 2013 05:21am
Quote (jinshin85 @ Feb 28 2013 12:09am)
Earth ally is pretty interesting.

It forces the target to attack the ally for couple seconds.  Wtf. Never knew that.

What does that mean? The way you phrase it makes it sound like a stun. Any aimed projectile (weapon throw, impale, etc) will go wherever they want it to go, how would ally help with that? Are you saying it pulls auto aim?
Gold: 52,765.01
Feb 28 2013 09:22am
Quote (kylezo @ Feb 28 2013 04:21am)
What does that mean? The way you phrase it makes it sound like a stun. Any aimed projectile (weapon throw, impale, etc) will go wherever they want it to go, how would ally help with that? Are you saying it pulls auto aim?

Earth Ally

Imbue the ally with the essence of earth. Maximum Life for you and the ally is increased by 10%. The ally also gains the ability to create a wave of earth, dealing 60% of your weapon damage as Physical to a single enemy and forcing that enemy to attack the ally for 3 seconds.
Feb 28 2013 01:38pm
I've seen some top end guys using Several Sided Strike rune. What's the benefit of this? It's basically hitting 9 times instead of 7.
Gold: 238.00
Feb 28 2013 01:41pm
King started using, serenity/reflect on me during the last time we were playing around with specs vs each other.

I'm not sure how effective it is, but a DH told me it one shots them on their own impale.

Apparently reflect is not bugged for monks?

Also, this is going to make almost all monks tougher to play against but here's a little tidbit for you guys trying to improve in the vs barb matchup.

You MUST have +health globe on gear stacked to the point that it allows you to survive crit rends, the amount of +health globe will be dependent on the amount of mitigation/hp pool you have to survive crit rends.

there is no chance a monk can win without +health globe, it is an absolute must since it gives you a secondary cd that allows you to mitigate crit rends as opposed to just one with serenity (Although SSS can also be used as an oh shit button).

I won't go into more detail, I'm sure you monks can figure out why +health globe is so OP vs barbs as a monk.

so get geared up and looking forward to see what some of you guys put together :)
Feb 28 2013 01:46pm
Quote (mannercookie @ Feb 28 2013 12:41pm)
King started using, serenity/reflect on me during the last time we were playing around with specs vs each other.

I'm not sure how effective it is, but a DH told me it one shots them on their own impale.

Also, this is going to make almost all monks tougher to play against but here's a little tidbit for you guys trying to improve in the vs barb matchup.

You MUST have +health globe on gear stacked to the point that it allows you to survive crit rends, the amount of +health globe will be dependent on the amount of mitigation/hp pool you have to survive crit rends.

there is no chance a monk can win without +health globe, it is an absolute must since it gives you a secondary cd that allows you to mitigate crit rends as opposed to just one with serenity (Although SSS can also be used as an oh shit button).

I won't go into more detail, I'm sure you monks can figure out why +health globe is so OP vs barbs as a monk.

so get geared up and looking forward to see what some of you guys put together :)

Thanks for your advice man. Really appreciate it.

I've used reflect on serenity versus DH. It's huge.

But how does it work on barbs? Just curious. Never tried it.

And +health globe is gg. Yes!

Thank you again.

EDIT: actually have another question, what was your hp/armor/allres/elite reduction when you pvped King monk if you don't mind me asking.

I saw your vid and i noticed he was hitting super heavy on your barb.

This post was edited by jinshin85 on Feb 28 2013 01:51pm
Gold: 1,168.67
Feb 28 2013 01:55pm
Quote (mannercookie @ 1 Mar 2013 03:41)

my witching hour gonna make some monks jelly.
60dex/40vit/100int/65allres/9ias/41cd/11khealthglobes

i think potion cd also benefits from beacon of ytar passive, isn't it?
Feb 28 2013 01:56pm
Quote (huntersghost @ Feb 28 2013 12:55pm)
my witching hour gonna make some monks jelly.
60dex/40vit/100int/65allres/9ias/41cd/11khealthglobes

i think potion cd also benefits from beacon of ytar passive, isn't it?

REALLY!? WTF
Gold: 1,168.67
Feb 28 2013 02:01pm
Quote (jinshin85 @ 1 Mar 2013 03:56)
REALLY!? WTF

confirmed. just tested it.

it $#$@# shaved 6s from pot cd lol.

This post was edited by huntersghost on Feb 28 2013 02:04pm
Gold: 238.00
Feb 28 2013 02:10pm
Quote (jinshin85 @ Feb 28 2013 12:46pm)
Thanks for your advice man. Really appreciate it.

I've used reflect on serenity versus DH. It's huge.

But how does it work on barbs? Just curious. Never tried it.

And +health globe is gg. Yes!

Thank you again.

EDIT: actually have another question, what was your hp/armor/allres/elite reduction when you pvped King monk if you don't mind me asking.

I saw your vid and i noticed he was hitting super heavy on your barb.

honestly I don't remember cuz we've tested so mch different gear setups vs each other.

but in the try hard sets of 10, I think I ran about 800 resist, 8000 armor, and prolly 20-40% reduction elites/ranged.

I'll make a note of it next time me and king duel, but we're pretty bored of each other right now, it's really close and there is lots of rng to the matchup.

but def skill based fight as well.
Feb 28 2013 02:13pm
Quote (mannercookie @ Feb 28 2013 01:10pm)
honestly I don't remember cuz we've tested so mch different gear setups vs each other.

but in the try hard sets of 10, I think I ran about 800 resist, 8000 armor, and prolly 20-40% reduction elites/ranged.

I'll make a note of it next time me and king duel, but we're pretty bored of each other right now, it's really close and there is lots of rng to the matchup.

but def skill based fight as well.

bahaha I know how this feels.

I do this with my barb friends and everything's now rng/mistakes based.

Thanks again.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev167891018Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll