d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > How To Choose Your Offhand???
Prev167891015Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,700.00
Dec 10 2012 02:48am
Just purchased a new ammy. Will post up new test results using my new gears.
Gold: 488.18
Dec 10 2012 07:05am
that link to source is broken bro http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

So tornados are allways spammed with the offhand APS but the mainhands damage? Then dagger should be #1 offhand else EF would be #1 if they are spammed with an average speed of the 2 1handers or even based on your mainhand. Also if this is true, that tornados speed is determined by offhand i really should get a mace instead of axe, allthough i like my mainhand axe atm, 1100 dps + 2,9 LS + socket.. remember its hardcore, not same wepons as in sc, u have to check for a week to find an 1100 dmg wep with sock and ls at ah :o I guess im gonna try some more ghom mp5 and just pick whatever kills him fastest/safest.

Small update, got myself an INT /socket / LS EF that im gonna try, like i said before there isnt really much items in AH for hardcore, ofc im not stupid, i would love to have a str one instead but this might do the trick.

edit : fixed it lol

4. When dual-wielding, tornado tick frequency depends on the attacks per second (aps) of the last weapon swung before using Sprint.

have u checked in all ur testing that ur offhand was the last wepon swung, hehe, thats kinda hard

This post was edited by lifo2 on Dec 10 2012 07:12am
Dec 14 2012 07:22pm
Quote (lifo2 @ 10 Dec 2012 21:05)
that link to source is broken bro http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

So tornados are allways spammed with the offhand APS but the mainhands damage? Then dagger should be #1 offhand else EF would be #1 if they are spammed with an average speed of the 2 1handers or even based on your mainhand. Also if this is true, that tornados speed is determined by offhand i really should get a mace instead of axe, allthough i like my mainhand axe atm, 1100 dps + 2,9 LS + socket.. remember its hardcore, not same wepons as in sc, u have to check for a week to find an 1100 dmg wep with sock and ls  at ah :o I guess im gonna try some more ghom mp5 and just pick whatever kills him fastest/safest.

Small update, got myself an INT /socket / LS EF that im gonna try, like i said before there isnt really much items in AH for hardcore, ofc im not stupid, i would love to have a str one instead but this might do the trick.

edit : fixed it lol

have u checked in all ur testing that ur offhand was the last wepon swung, hehe, thats kinda hard

yep. i have checked that my offhand was the last weapon swung for all the testing. u can refer to more small details from post#1 in how i actually derived the test results.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 15 2012 10:28am
Hello,

take care about this, discussing the offhand... ;

- you are constantly hitting asmodan with ww while you are really not against mobs packs; usually you are hitting some mobs while the whole others get hits from tornadoes.
- ww will also be diminished by overpower hits and even rend, those are all based on the main hand weapon only.

=> you can cut your 29% to something like 15 or even less

=> then you can cut this 15% in half, at least, because like half of ww hits will come from the main weapon, this is now 7% or so

[no need to mention the main weapon will usually have more dps than the off hand one, due the tornado priority, but will i will not even take it in account .]

=> and since a 400 dps dagger does half dmg of a 800 dps one you can now cut it down to 3-4 % [even less like 2-3]

thanks

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Dec 15 2012 10:39am
Dec 16 2012 07:37am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 16 Dec 2012 00:28)
Hello,

take care about this, discussing the offhand... ;

- you are constantly hitting asmodan with ww while you are really not against mobs packs; usually you are hitting some mobs while the whole others get hits from tornadoes.
- ww will also be diminished by overpower hits and even rend, those are all based on the main hand weapon only.

=> you can cut your 29% to something like 15 or even less

=> then you can cut this 15% in half, at least, because like half of ww hits will come from the main weapon, this is now 7% or so

[no need to mention the main weapon will usually have more dps than the off hand one, due the tornado priority, but will i will not even take it in account .]

=> and since a 400 dps dagger does half dmg of a 800 dps one you can now cut it down to 3-4 %  [even less like 2-3]

thanks

So what's your conclusion regarding ww damage in nado ww barb build? I don't quite understand y u look in such a sophisticated manner when my whole objective is to derive the proportion of damage from ww. Ofc if u mention about rend, hota overpower, ww damage will be diminished. There are too many variables to consider if u include those.

For your info, hota rend depends on both offhand n mh dps. Pls refer to your source if u beg to differ
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 16 2012 08:07am
Quote (infallibleleo @ 16 Dec 2012 14:37)
So what's your conclusion regarding ww damage in nado ww barb build?

in nado built sorry but i think ww damage is far less than the "29%" u wrote, i guess is more arround 15% or less (monsters packs vs 1 standstill boss is different condition)
and the dps from offhand weapons is really not that important, like 2-4% os so.
But i like the testing and if you make others tests pls pm me links /results

I don't quite understand y u look in such a sophisticated manner when my whole objective is to derive the proportion of damage from ww

Sorry it wasnt that sophisticated i was maintly talking about the off-hand dps, like your title "how to choose your offhand"...

There are too many variables to consider if u include those.

then try another way to evaluate the ww dmg, as exemple use a 10 dps offhand weapon and a 1000 one, both with same mods, nice and easy to do

For your info, hota rend depends on both offhand n mh dps. Pls refer to your source if u beg to differ

hota is powerfull skill definitely but i would not include it in nado buit, it's a separated skill that is just nice in ubers.
for nado built the best is to remove bash and war cry and then using overpower (10% cc rune) + rend (9% life steal rune is not bad against linked health + reflect packs)

nb: ww is absolutely required for nado built

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Dec 16 2012 08:08am
Dec 19 2012 11:11am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 16 Dec 2012 22:07)
in nado built sorry but i think ww damage is far less than the "29%" u wrote, i guess is more arround 15% or less (monsters packs vs 1 standstill boss is different condition)
and the dps from offhand weapons is really not that important, like 2-4% os so.
But i like the testing and if you make others tests pls pm me links /results

Sorry it wasnt that sophisticated i was maintly talking about the off-hand dps, like your title "how to choose your offhand"...

then try another way to evaluate the ww dmg, as exemple use a 10 dps offhand weapon and a 1000 one, both with same mods, nice and easy to do

hota is powerfull skill definitely but i would not include it in nado buit, it's a separated skill that is just nice in ubers.
for nado built the best is to remove bash and war cry and then using overpower (10% cc rune) + rend (9% life steal rune is not bad against linked health + reflect packs)

nb: ww is absolutely required for nado built

thanks for the ideas n inputs!

do u mind backing up with testing to prove that ww damage is far less than the "29%", and that is more arround 15% or less ?

From my understanding of ww, its range could possibly be further as compared to nado, i.e. ww hits would cover a sizable radius.

Gold: 205.26
Warn: 30%
Dec 19 2012 01:28pm
Quote (infallibleleo @ Dec 15 2012 03:22am)
yep. i have checked that my offhand was the last weapon swung for all the testing. u can refer to more small details from post#1 in how i actually derived the test results.

how did you do this exactly? doesnt it alternate speeds all the time anyway?
Dec 19 2012 06:58pm
Quote (markilbaldacchino @ 20 Dec 2012 03:28)
how did you do this exactly? doesnt it alternate speeds all the time anyway?

It will alternate all the way when using ww. However for test of using rltw only, I open my inventory n stats to view my aps each time I uses bash. When my aps is 3 at wotb, it would mean offhand is the last weapon swung. After which I will just spam rltw without using ww or bash.
Gold: 172.01
Dec 19 2012 10:27pm
Good post, it's nice to see people postnig proper testing instead of just opining and using vague "this one time" examples claimed as proof.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev167891015Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll