d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Theoaks Bodybuilding Log > Check It Out
12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,310.23
Jun 12 2011 07:15am
Alright well I decided to make this thread to keep organized and help track of progress.

Things Ill discuss

- Contest prep
- Diet
- Workouts
- Progress Pics
- Contest Results

Basically anything related to me, instead of making a new thread. I'll probly jst post it in here. We'll see how it goes tho.

I encourage everyone to follow along and give constructive critisism, incouragement, motivation, ask questions etc

Please do not spam/troll this thread. I want to keep it as clean as possible.
Gold: Locked
Jun 12 2011 07:16am
1st question. what do you lift in the big three?
Jun 12 2011 07:30am
NPC Tampa Bay Classic (June 11th, 2011)

I am officially a bodybuilder brah!

Weighed in @ 159.6 for the competition

Sat Pre-judging..

Things were moving quick, and I didnt kno wat to expect. Next thing I kno, im backstage pumping up to get on stage in the teen class!

I take a look @ the competition, and they;re massive! There were a total of 7 teen competitors and every one of them had the fair share of strengths.

I was super suprised and knew that the judges had their hands full this morning.

Walked in a line on stage & I was at the very end. First 5 seconds the head judge calls me to switch places and puts me in the middle of the stage! (Good sign!)

I hit every pose with confidense and the strain of 1000lbs forcing back on me! ... Holding each pose tight I shook like crazy!

My tan was blotchy in person but according to my mom/sister it looked great and they said I was by far the best poser.

off the stage we go, next thing I kno im right back in line for the NOVICE LIGHTWEIGHT CLASS. (Under 165.25lbs)

I take a look at these guys and chuckle... "Well its good for experience" I was just purely out classed by these guys.

I went right out on stage and again just had fun getting the cround yelling over my lat spread ;)

Sat night - Finals

This is suppost to be the "fun part" of the show.

Problem being I hadnt practice my routine as much as I liked, but knew I was a confident poser and would jst hit some good shots.

60sec routine... nailed it and felt great, Weighted backstage to call out the final results of the teen division.

#32 (Me) ... 2nd Place!! I of course wanted the gold, but the cards werent for me in this show. The NPC is such a hard division and as many of the competitors said, this year every class was STACKED

I agree with the judging, the guy who beat me was a monster. 3rd place guy was also huge but I think that my conditioning/posing/confidence gave me the win over him.

I have a huge trophy and a medal. Pics will come when I get a chance.

Huge victory in my eyes, and its only the beginning of a long bodybuilding journey!

This post was edited by TheOak on Jun 12 2011 07:30am
Jun 12 2011 07:32am
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Jun 12 2011 08:16am)
1st question. what do you lift in the big three?

Currently in the "depletion state" as I just got done with competeing.

My all time PRs

Bench: 275x3 touching chest
Squat: 350x3 ATG
DeadL: 405x3

These were done when I was 195lbs

This post was edited by TheOak on Jun 12 2011 07:32am
Gold: 200.00
Jun 12 2011 08:32am
Quote (TheOak @ Jun 12 2011 07:30am)
NPC Tampa Bay Classic (June 11th, 2011)

I am officially a bodybuilder brah!

Weighed in @ 159.6 for the competition

Sat Pre-judging..

Things were moving quick, and I didnt kno wat to expect. Next thing I kno, im backstage pumping up to get on stage in the teen class!

I take a look @ the competition, and they;re massive! There were a total of 7 teen competitors and every one of them had the fair share of strengths.

I was super suprised and knew that the judges had their hands full this morning.

Walked in a line on stage & I was at the very end. First 5 seconds the head judge calls me to switch places and puts me in the middle of the stage! (Good sign!)

I hit every pose with confidense and the strain of 1000lbs forcing back on me! ... Holding each pose tight I shook like crazy!

My tan was blotchy in person but according to my mom/sister it looked great and they said I was by far the best poser.

off the stage we go, next thing I kno im right back in line for the NOVICE LIGHTWEIGHT CLASS. (Under 165.25lbs)

I take a look at these guys and chuckle... "Well its good for experience" I was just purely out classed by these guys.

I went right out on stage and again just had fun getting the cround yelling over my lat spread ;)

Sat night - Finals

This is suppost to be the "fun part" of the show.

Problem being I hadnt practice my routine as much as I liked, but knew I was a confident poser and would jst hit some good shots.

60sec routine... nailed it and felt great, Weighted backstage to call out the final results of the teen division.

#32 (Me) ... 2nd Place!! I of course wanted the gold, but the cards werent for me in this show. The NPC is such a hard division and as many of the competitors said, this year every class was STACKED

I agree with the judging, the guy who beat me was a monster. 3rd place guy was also huge but I think that my conditioning/posing/confidence gave me the win over him.

I have a huge trophy and a medal. Pics will come when I get a chance.

Huge victory in my eyes, and its only the beginning of a long bodybuilding journey!

Grats man you've been working hard for it and deserve it.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2011 08:52am
Grats oak!!!! :D

I cant seem to cut, were you on keto?

This post was edited by frankrulz on Jun 12 2011 08:53am
Jun 12 2011 09:14am
Wow very impressive Oak.

ISO PICS!
Jun 12 2011 09:28am
congrats! an H&F arnold in the coming :D