d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19919929939949952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.90
Aug 22 2011 02:22pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 22 2011 07:52pm)
Hey there. I would swap out legs and shoulders days for your purposes. However the 2nd plan you have is good (minus what I just mentioned).

also you are looking for the word...hamstrings ;-)

Alright, so it should look like this, if I got it :) -

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest + Light Triceps
Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back + Light Biceps
Day 3 (Wednesday) – Shoulders
Day 4 (Thursday) - Legs
Day 5 (Friday) - Arms

I have just started that 5x5 strength program again, and there it says that I will be doing abs every single workout-day in the week (5 days)

Is this really necessary?

What I want is that more ''Popping'' six-pack abs that bodybuilders got - atm I just got a six-pack, but it's just not ''Popping'' out so much as I want it :)

It's too flat basically :P

Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 22 2011 03:38pm
Quote (monehgers @ Aug 22 2011 03:58pm)

Hey there. I'm not exactly sure what you want. Are you asking for a light leg routine? Or something else to do entirely that avoids legs?
Aug 22 2011 03:44pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Aug 22 2011 04:22pm)
Alright, so it should look like this, if I got it :) -

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest + Light Triceps
Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back + Light Biceps
Day 3 (Wednesday) – Shoulders
Day 4 (Thursday) -  Legs
Day 5 (Friday) - Arms

I have just started that 5x5 strength program again, and there it says that I will be doing abs every single workout-day in the week (5 days)

Is this really necessary?

What I want is that more ''Popping'' six-pack abs that bodybuilders got - atm I just got a six-pack, but it's just not ''Popping'' out so much as I want it :)

It's too flat basically :P

Looks good.

You can train abs 2-3 times per week, but go HEAVY with the abs to build them the way you want. You have to train them like you'd train chest. Very heavy sets, a lot of trauma will yield big abs (with proper nutrition/sleep/etc)
Gold: 120.00
Aug 22 2011 04:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 22 2011 02:55pm)
That should be fine...but by gym...I hope you don't mean full on workouts. You need to start slowly and with very small movements and stretches before you even add weight. You will gradually work up into full weight adding activities (squats/leg press/extensions/lunges/etc) probably in the 8-12 week area.

Obviously going to sign up for a power lifting competition 6 weeks out from today x-x.

:-p

Nah, I'm looking at getting the ROM back first with body weight movements.
Aug 22 2011 07:39pm
Quote (Boxa @ Aug 22 2011 06:57pm)
Obviously going to sign up for a power lifting competition 6 weeks out from today x-x.

:-p

Nah, I'm looking at getting the ROM back first with body weight movements.

Good man lol

hope you feel better and recover 100%
Gold: 66.80
Warn: 20%
Aug 22 2011 10:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 22 2011 10:38pm)
Hey there. I'm not exactly sure what you want. Are you asking for a light leg routine? Or something else to do entirely that avoids legs?

Well, if you can figure out a leg routine that doesn't stress the knee, I'd be most impressed.
Gold: 1,310.23
Aug 22 2011 10:39pm
Hey so lower back is coming along. Was able to squat today.

But of course, not being able to squat and trying to recover from ~40lb fat loss, my strength is poop.

BUT. My leg strength is fine. The problem is holding the weight. When im done squating, my legs are barely fatigued but my body is exhausted...

I guess the problem is with core then. But I've always thought I had an extreme amount of core stength from growing up as an athletic kid.

Ideas to help be able to sustain more weight to do squats?
Aug 22 2011 10:46pm
Quote (monehgers @ Aug 23 2011 12:23am)
Well, if you can figure out a leg routine that doesn't stress the knee, I'd be most impressed.

Well you can still do legs without really attacking the knee....the problem is that I wouldn't want you to even touch the knee at all for now....wear a good brace, employ ice and rest as necessary.

As far as the routine for monday, you should probably revamp your whole routine to accommodate....try this:

Mon - Chest/bis/Abs
Tues - Back/Tris/Calves
Weds - Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Thurs - Chest/Bis/Abs
Fri - Back/Tris/Calves

The only reason I leave shoulders to one day a week is because they are already brutalized during chest day enough as it is, they don't require a second day. If you have sluggish traps, train them 2x per week, one on weds and one on friday.
Aug 22 2011 10:51pm
Quote (TheOak @ Aug 23 2011 12:39am)
Hey so lower back is coming along.  Was able to squat today.

But of course, not being able to squat and trying to recover from ~40lb fat loss, my strength is poop.

BUT.  My leg strength is fine.  The problem is holding the weight.  When im done squating, my legs are barely fatigued but my body is exhausted...

I guess the problem is with core then.  But I've always thought I had an extreme amount of core stength from growing up as an athletic kid.

Ideas to help be able to sustain more weight to do squats?

That exhaustion you speak of can come from a few things....

1. Supporting muscles
2. Lung capacity
3. Abs/Core
4. Mental desire
5. Cardiovascular issues

From knowing you I would assume that it is most likely a combination of #'s 1, 2, and 3.

To fix that, I would recommend the following:

1. Start training more good mornings. I dont know if you do these frequently, but try to do them 2x per week in addition to lower back hyperextensions. This will help build some of the smaller supporting muscles
2. For lung capacity try doing breathing exercises. Try to take as deep a breath as you can to the point that it hurts, hold it as long as possible, and exhale as slowly as possible. Repeat this 5-6 times in a row, 3-4 sets a day. Focus on your breathing during the squat and make sure you are properly oxygenating yourself.
3. Try training HEAVY abs at least once a week. However this can risk spoiling your physique. If you want barrel abs...this is good. If you want very lean and sleek abs like arnold (which you already have a great foundation for) then this might not be a good idea.
Gold: 66.80
Warn: 20%
Aug 23 2011 12:32am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 23 2011 05:46am)
Well you can still do legs without really attacking the knee....the problem is that I wouldn't want you to even touch the knee at all for now....wear a good brace, employ ice and rest as necessary.

As far as the routine for monday, you should probably revamp your whole routine to accommodate....try this:

Mon - Chest/bis/Abs
Tues - Back/Tris/Calves
Weds - Shoulders/Traps/Abs
Thurs - Chest/Bis/Abs
Fri - Back/Tris/Calves

The only reason I leave shoulders to one day a week is because they are already brutalized during chest day enough as it is, they don't require a second day. If you have sluggish traps, train them 2x per week, one on weds and one on friday.

Super, thanks, I'll try this one out.

And my traps are the part of my body that I like the most :)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19919929939949952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll