d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19909919929939942039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,310.23
Aug 21 2011 10:56pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 21 2011 11:37pm)
Hey buddy. Some people just genuinely have a stubborn chest. I am lucky to have very intense chest strength, although aesthetically my chest is one of my weaker points. Strange I know.

anyway, to fix your issue there are a few things you can do....try this program:

Week 1-4: Perform usual monday chest routine with a bit of added volume (maybe an extra 10 sets or so); On Weds/Thurs/Fri/Sat you are to do maximum repetitions of pushups (various grips/placements) for 10 sets each day. Meaning if you can do 100 pushups before failure, do that 10 times in a day for a total of 1,000 a day. By doing this, you are forcing massive amounts of trauma to your chest and shocking it from it's usual routine. It will be FORCED to grow and start accomidating to this new brutality. If you strength decreases, do NOT panic...just let it be - this is normal.

Week 5-8: Perform usual monday chest routine with a bit of added weight (keep the set scheme proper, but add weight and do some more forced sets/reps than you normally would); in addition, you will hit chest again on thursday or friday but training purely for volume and not strength. You should be in the area of 40-50 sets of chest on that day. During this time you are giving your chest solid gains without the massive shock trauma.

Week 9-12: Perform usual monday chest routine but with total focus on a complete chest routine (this means a 20set-20set split of 20 sets strength and 20 sets volume); on friday you will perform the exact same routine as you did monday. This will throw your chest into the last phase of the growth cycle. By this time you should start seeing a huge increase over original thickness and density...as well as symmetry.

Hope this helps!

Awesome, & Yea I realize now that I havnt went to any extremes like the example you have givin.

Operation Bird Chest is in effect :)

edit

for pushups... should I try this throughout the day? or do these pushups within like 30-40min like a little "pushup workout" ?

This post was edited by TheOak on Aug 21 2011 10:57pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 21 2011 10:57pm
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Aug 22 2011 12:48am)
Hey Raynor,

I read somewhere online that grouping a muscle group you want more growth in (ie biceps) along with legs increases gains for that muscle moreso than if you were to do that muscle on a different day

it sounds somewhat logical to me, but im skeptical...is there a grain of truth to it?

Yes and No.

Legs day generally increases your Growth Hormone production and in theory it should improve your lagging part if it's trained the same day.

however there is no scientific evidence to support this.
Aug 21 2011 10:58pm
Quote (TheOak @ Aug 22 2011 12:56am)
Awesome, & Yea I realize now that I havnt went to any extremes like the example you have givin.

Operation Bird Chest is in effect :)

edit

for pushups... should I try this throughout the day?  or do these pushups within like 30-40min like a little "pushup workout" ?

Good luck man.

Also you can do them throughout the day. The goal is to keep the trauma consistent and the blood pump exaggerated.
Gold: 13.90
Aug 22 2011 03:25am
I have currently trained with this split for a while - and I like it, but imo the Leg / shoulder and traps day is way too long... since legs is quite big muscle group that takes about 1 hour, and then I go to shoulders + traps, that's too much I think?

Mon; Pec/Light Triceps
Tue; Back/Light Biceps
Wed; Rest
Thu; Legs/Shoulders/Traps
Fri; Heavy Biceps/Triceps
Sat; Rest
Sun; Rest

So, now when I starting your 5x5 strenght plan, maybe this split is better, that you got there?

But I could maybe add in light biceps / triceps like this?

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest + light triceps (1 exercise)
Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back + light biceps (1 exercise)
Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
Day 5 (Friday) - Arms

Now, my question for this plan is :

Is it really good to have the leg day after back day? :O

I mean after deadlifts my backside legs (dunno name lol) is quite sore on day after xD
Gold: 18,204.00
Aug 22 2011 09:17am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 21 2011 11:20pm)
Hey there.

Yes, sometimes you can hit a plateau without necessary cardio. You can try to reduce the calories a bit more and make sure you aren't consuming any citric acid. Also have you tried keto strips to make sure you were in ketosis? You can also try a carb day every 14 days instead of every 7.

Should I throw in cardio BEFORE I cut the calories? And yes I was in keto since Wednesday when I weighed in @ 207.

Update: This morning I weighed 209. I'm feeling optomistic about this week :D
Gold: 120.00
Aug 22 2011 09:32am
Update on the surgery:

Estimated recovery time of 4 weeks.

Was never even put on crutches.

Don't have a brace or anything.

Can put about 70% of the weight through the leg comfortably np.

Walking fairly well considering I had knee surgery 4 days ago.

Obviously swelling is still present, but it looks like I'll have a really smooth recovery.

I'll be seeing the surgeon for the follow up on the 31st, but if things go on like this I'm estimating going back into the gym within 6 weeks or so.

Thoughts?
Aug 22 2011 01:52pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Aug 22 2011 05:25am)
I have currently trained with this split for a while - and I like it, but imo the Leg / shoulder and traps day is way too long... since legs is quite big muscle group that takes about 1 hour, and then I go to shoulders + traps, that's too much I think?

Mon; Pec/Light Triceps
Tue; Back/Light Biceps
Wed; Rest
Thu; Legs/Shoulders/Traps
Fri; Heavy Biceps/Triceps
Sat; Rest
Sun; Rest

So, now when I starting your 5x5 strenght plan, maybe this split is better, that you got there?

But I could maybe add in light biceps / triceps like this?

Day 1 (Monday) - Chest + light triceps (1 exercise)
Day 2 (Tuesday) - Back + light biceps (1 exercise)
Day 3 (Wednesday) – Legs
Day 4 (Thursday) - Shoulders
Day 5 (Friday) - Arms

Now, my question for this plan is :

Is it really good to have the leg day after back day? :O

I mean after deadlifts my backside legs (dunno name lol) is quite sore on day after xD

Hey there. I would swap out legs and shoulders days for your purposes. However the 2nd plan you have is good (minus what I just mentioned).

also you are looking for the word...hamstrings ;-)
Aug 22 2011 01:54pm
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Aug 22 2011 11:17am)
Should I throw in cardio BEFORE I cut the calories?  And yes I was in keto since Wednesday when I weighed in @ 207.

Update: This morning I weighed 209.  I'm feeling optomistic about this week :D

You should still cut the cals a bit either way to accommodate the lower body weight.
Aug 22 2011 01:55pm
Quote (Boxa @ Aug 22 2011 11:32am)
Update on the surgery:

Estimated recovery time of 4 weeks.

Was never even put on crutches.

Don't have a brace or anything.

Can put about 70% of the weight through the leg comfortably np.

Walking fairly well considering I had knee surgery 4 days ago.

Obviously swelling is still present, but it looks like I'll have a really smooth recovery.

I'll be seeing the surgeon for the follow up on the 31st, but if things go on like this I'm estimating going back into the gym within 6 weeks or so.

Thoughts?

That should be fine...but by gym...I hope you don't mean full on workouts. You need to start slowly and with very small movements and stretches before you even add weight. You will gradually work up into full weight adding activities (squats/leg press/extensions/lunges/etc) probably in the 8-12 week area.
Gold: 66.80
Warn: 20%
Aug 22 2011 01:58pm
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57148162&f=60

Quote (monehgers @ Aug 22 2011 05:16pm)
For a while.

Was doing one leg presses (Shitty gym, leg press with set amount of weights maxing out at 550, so gotta do em to have any resistance)
with fairly easy weight (330 lb)
Had just done 12 reps with left foot, and started on right one, did like 10 reps, and felt an immense pain,
like someone had put a crowbar under my knee cap and bent it off, tossed it away and driven over it with a truck.
A month of no squatting :(

I've had an older knee injury in the very same knee, but you'd think that would have healed after 15-16 years.

So basically, I need some ideas of what to do on mondays now :)
Am doing chest+tri on tues, back+bic on wed, shoulders on thurs and goofing around on fridays

:)
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19909919929939942039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll