d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19629639649659662039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,204.00
Aug 3 2011 09:25am
Hey Raynor,

So, the other day I was scraping shingles off a roof. 4 fucking layers of shingles off a roof. I was extremely hot on the roof but I drank tons of water and just kept pushing. It was really hard work, but I am not out of shape by any means. I was starving by 9:00 (started at 6:30) and I am on keto. My dad was the boss of course and he just kept making me wait. He doesn't understand that I am used to eating every 3 hours and how I basically took in 400 calories for breakfast none of which were carbs. So, I am getting to the point were my stomach is eating my insides out. I end up working till 12:30. By this point I have the feeling that my blood sugar is low. Extremely shaky and weak feeling. No. I don't have diabetes. Lol. Then I get this uncontrollable feeling to eat. And when I mean eat I mean eat everything in sight. I won't stop eating until I feel better. Just to give you an idea of what happened...

3 granola bars because I had to run home to take a shower.
footlong + 6 in sub @ subway
4 cookies from subway.

After all of that I felt much better other than the fact that I just fucked my diet hard :(

How can I control these shaky feelings while on keto? Obviously, I should have brought food, but I was told I would be done at 930 :(

Is there anything I can do to prevent this because it feels like the only thing I can do to get it to go away is to cause mass insulin spikes by eating carbs + tons of sugars and stuff.

Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2011 10:10am
hi.. i thought id ask a question ive wanted too for a while.. how do i last longer in bed? would cardio help?
i think i suffer from PE
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 3 2011 11:03am
Quote (Miniflight @ Aug 3 2011 09:35am)
Did you miss my question Raynor? If so no problem.

I did miss it, sorry about that man.

It sounds like you might have one of the 3 following things

1. Partial separation/dislocation that corrected itself, and you are left with inflammation.
2. Overextended ligaments causing radial pain and inflammation.
3. Rotator cuff tear (most likely minor).

The solution to virtually all of these problems and more is the same. Rest, Ice, and Anti-Inflammatory meds.

I recommend the following.

No training, lifting, etc. for 1 full week. Adjust your diet accordingly.

Ice the shoulder for 20 minutes every 2-3 hours every day for the first 3 days. After the first 3 days if there is a noticeable improvement, just continue resting it.
As far as the anti-inflammatory meds go...take about 800mg aspirin for the first 3 days. After that, stop taking it all together.

Also seeing a chiropractor may help as well.
Aug 3 2011 11:10am
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Aug 3 2011 11:25am)
Hey Raynor,

So, the other day I was scraping shingles off a roof.  4 fucking layers of shingles off a roof.  I was extremely hot on the roof but I drank tons of water and just kept pushing.  It was really hard work, but I am not out of shape by any means.  I was starving by 9:00 (started at 6:30) and I am on keto.  My dad was the boss of course and he just kept making me wait.  He doesn't understand that I am used to eating every 3 hours and how I basically took in 400 calories for breakfast none of which were carbs.  So, I am getting to the point were my stomach is eating my insides out.  I end up working till 12:30.  By this point I have the feeling that my blood sugar is low.  Extremely shaky and weak feeling.  No.  I don't have diabetes.  Lol.  Then I get this uncontrollable feeling to eat.  And when I mean eat I mean eat everything in sight.  I won't stop eating until I feel better.  Just to give you an idea of what happened...

3 granola bars because I had to run home to take a shower.
footlong + 6 in sub @ subway
4 cookies from subway. 

After all of that I felt much better other than the fact that I just fucked my diet hard :( 

How can I control these shaky feelings while on keto?  Obviously, I should have brought food, but I was told I would be done at 930 :(

Is there anything I can do to prevent this because it feels like the only thing I can do to get it to go away is to cause mass insulin spikes by eating carbs + tons of sugars and stuff.

Hey there.

I understand where you are coming from - on keto it is ESSENTIAL to eat semi-frequently in order to maintain proper ketosis and prevent starvation mode. The easy solution is simply to pack a 0 carb protein shake with added heavy cream for fats and chug that between meals when you are working to prevent that effect.

Alternatively pack snacks like cheese + beef sticks + nuts + etc

You have to do what you have to do.
Aug 3 2011 11:20am
Quote (questiontime @ Aug 3 2011 12:10pm)
hi.. i thought id ask a question ive wanted too for a while.. how do i last longer in bed? would cardio help?
i think i suffer from PE

A few solutions

1. Become more sexually active. The more sexually active you are, the less anxiety you will have. This will help somewhat
2. Talk to your partner(s) about the act before. Explain your situation and make it a relaxed situation. This will help a lot.
3. Relax yourself during the act - dont tense up or tighten up...just relax and try not to think about the act. Let your mind wander into other things...daily news, football, whatever keeps your mind off of it.
4. Train pelvic and ab exercises regularly to build strong pelvic muscles which assist in maintaining longer performance.
5. Start-Stop method - that means begin sexual activity and stop before climax...wait a period of time, and begin again. Keep doing this and eventually it raises your endurance.
6. Ice/Pain method - During intercourse, apply ice to yourself or do things that create pain (such as biting your lip/tongue) and this will increase your endurance by taking your sensory systems off the sexual stimulation and onto the pain stimulation.

if all of that fails, see a doctor! There are some meds that can help including anti-anxiety and others.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2011 11:22am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 3 2011 06:20pm)
A few solutions

1. Become more sexually active. The more sexually active you are, the less anxiety you will have. This will help somewhat
2. Talk to your partner(s) about the act before. Explain your situation and make it a relaxed situation. This will help a lot.
3. Relax yourself during the act - dont tense up or tighten up...just relax and try not to think about the act. Let your mind wander into other things...daily news, football, whatever keeps your mind off of it.
4. Train pelvic and ab exercises regularly to build strong pelvic muscles which assist in maintaining longer performance.
5. Start-Stop method - that means begin sexual activity and stop before climax...wait a period of time, and begin again. Keep doing this and eventually it raises your endurance.
6. Ice/Pain method - During intercourse, apply ice to yourself or do things that create pain (such as biting your lip/tongue) and this will increase your endurance by taking your sensory systems off the sexual stimulation and onto the pain stimulation.

if all of that fails, see a doctor! There are some meds that can help including anti-anxiety and others.

Great that really helped!
4 is interesting what exercises could i do?
Aug 3 2011 11:58am
Quote (questiontime @ Aug 3 2011 01:22pm)
Great that really helped!
4 is interesting what exercises could i do?

Hanging leg raises, leg extensions, leg curls, knee raises, decline situps, broomstick twists, and crunches
Gold: 0.98
Aug 3 2011 12:17pm
Hey mate, Quick question..

What is going too sound silly..
What is the best cardio exercise too improve your cardio system drasticly and fast!... reason being im looking too join the territorial army. id have too run 1.5 miles in under 14 mins ( what i can probably do even with my shit cardio ) but i want too smash that time!

This post was edited by Del_Boyy on Aug 3 2011 12:18pm
Aug 3 2011 12:37pm
Quote (Del_Boyy @ Aug 3 2011 02:17pm)
Hey mate, Quick question..

What is going too sound silly..
What is the best cardio exercise too improve your cardio system drasticly and fast!... reason being im looking too join the territorial army. id have too run 1.5 miles in under 14 mins ( what i can probably do even with my shit cardio ) but i want too smash that time!

A combination of sprinting and long distance running. Do sprinting one day and long distance the next. Train 6 days a week and you will greatly improve your running.
Gold: 0.98
Aug 3 2011 12:39pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 3 2011 06:37pm)
A combination of sprinting and long distance running. Do sprinting one day and long distance the next. Train 6 days a week and you will greatly improve your running.

Great, i thought somthing along them lines. should i do it before or after weights?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19629639649659662039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll