d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19619629639649652039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 66.80
Warn: 20%
Aug 1 2011 10:37pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 1 2011 11:11pm)
Ah, in that case there are a few things to check out.

There is a possibility that the angle at which your ankle goes during the exercise is causing some ligament or tendon pulling during the extension. When you lay your leg out right now without any weight, do you feel the pain more with the ankle positioned in one way vs the other?

In addition there is the possibility that your knee is actually losing cartilage and can be rubbing against a nerve. This is a VERY common problem especially amongst seasoned squatters.

Get back to me.

I don't feel any nerve pinching or pain at all.

In the 2nd case, wouldn't it hurt just above the knee?
This hurt like in the middle of the quad (measured from crotch to knee).

Thanks in advance.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 2 2011 10:37am
Quote (monehgers @ Aug 2 2011 12:37am)
I don't feel any nerve pinching or pain at all.

In the 2nd case, wouldn't it hurt just above the knee?
This hurt like in the middle of the quad (measured from crotch to knee).

Thanks in advance.

Hey there. You would not feel it right above the knee necessarily. The way that it works is that you may feel pain remotely in a seperate area from where injury occurs in the event of a hyperextension, pull, strain, or sprain. It is not always this way, but it does occur fairly often. Think about a rubber band. As you pull it from both sides, the part that snaps (or in this case that gets extended too far causing fibers to break) is always directly in the middle. However this can change based on points of contact, points of weakness, and so forth.

Is there any bruising on your leg?
Gold: 66.80
Warn: 20%
Aug 2 2011 10:40am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 2 2011 05:37pm)
Hey there. You would not feel it right above the knee necessarily. The way that it works is that you may feel pain remotely in a seperate area from where injury occurs in the event of a hyperextension, pull, strain, or sprain. It is not always this way, but it does occur fairly often. Think about a rubber band. As you pull it from both sides, the part that snaps (or in this case that gets extended too far causing fibers to break) is always directly in the middle. However this can change based on points of contact, points of weakness, and so forth.

Is there any bruising on your leg?

No, sir, no bruises.

I liked the rubber band metaphore :)
Aug 2 2011 11:47am
Quote (monehgers @ Aug 2 2011 12:40pm)
No, sir, no bruises.

I liked the rubber band metaphore :)

lol glad you liked it.

Try the ice for now and some anti-inflammatory meds like aspirin and go from there.

An x-ray or ultrasound might not be a bad idea. Sports medicine doctor might be a good selection at this point.
Gold: Locked
Aug 2 2011 01:03pm
wen jogging my achilles and calfs feel like there going to collapse, i have to stop quite sometime before m out of breath, also my groin, inner thighs always click when i do leg raises and other exercises.
so i need some stretches that would hit this part of my legs, and solution to my failing legs when jogging. (this never used to happen)
Gold: 16,910.00
Aug 2 2011 03:13pm
Hey Raynor,

Having some shoulder trouble and wondering if you could offer assistance.

Last night after kickboxing/mma it just hurt a lot, I took 2 aspirin and iced it a bit but the aspirin seemed to be back to full strength in a matter of about 25 mins.

Today I just did chest/tri's at the gym and it hurts again in the same fashion just not as bad. I took 2 aspirin again.

It feels like it the joint of my shoulder almost? It feels like I need to rotate my arm to crack it and it will fix but it doesn't.

The aspirin helps a lot though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Aug 2 2011 03:28pm
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Aug 2 2011 03:03pm)
wen jogging my achilles and calfs feel like there going to collapse, i have to stop quite sometime before m out of breath, also my groin, inner thighs always click when i do leg raises and other exercises.
so i need some stretches that would hit this part of my legs, and solution to my failing legs when jogging. (this never used to happen)

This is going to sound silly...but...you should probably stop jogging. Running on hard pavement is typically NOT the best thing for your body. Some people have a natural difficulty doing this. Have you tried cycling or swimming? These are SUPERIOR forms of cardio and are much better than jogging for your entire body and cardiovascular system.

Secondly, as far as stretching goes - pre-workout stretching has been proven to be ineffective. post-workout and intra-workout stretching has proven to be the most effective way to increase the range of motion of a specific area. For PWO (running) stretches, I would recommend these here:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/126.shtml
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 2 2011 06:59pm
is coffee good or bad for u?
Aug 2 2011 10:38pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Aug 2 2011 08:59pm)
is coffee good or bad for u?

Depends.

If used properly, it's good for you.

If used too much it's bad for you.

Basically 2-4 cups a day will not hurt you, but like with anything else with caffeine I would use it constantly without a break.
Gold: 16,910.00
Aug 3 2011 07:35am
Quote (Miniflight @ Aug 2 2011 05:13pm)
Hey Raynor,

Having some shoulder trouble and wondering if you could offer assistance.

Last night after kickboxing/mma it just hurt a lot, I took 2 aspirin and iced it a bit but the aspirin seemed to be back to full strength in a matter of about 25 mins.

Today I just did chest/tri's at the gym and it hurts again in the same fashion just not as bad. I took 2 aspirin again.

It feels like it the joint of my shoulder almost? It feels like I need to rotate my arm to crack it and it will fix but it doesn't.

The aspirin helps a lot though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Did you miss my question Raynor? If so no problem.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19619629639649652039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll