d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev195969798992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 11 2009 02:10am
Quote (iron_minotaur @ Tue, Mar 10 2009, 08:50pm)
I know lactic acid builds up in your muscles after sports and can damage muscle growth. What is the best way to get rid of lactic acid, such as foods or maybe stretches. I've heard milk or sports drinks work well.

L-Glutamine supplements along with plenty of good nutrition and sleep.
Mar 11 2009 02:28am
I AM POSTING THIS TO HELP ALL OF YOU!

Question from Anonymous:

Are you saying that during bulking eat all the carbs you want regardless if it is simple/complex?

another question, what makes ldl's bad and hdl's good? and will hdl's make you fat? why/why not? sry but the answers on google arent making sense. thanks.

ANSWER

Bulking explained -

Dirty Bulk - eat anything you want whenever you want as long as you are getting 1.5-2g protein/lb of bodyweight (usually eat about 5,000 cal/day for 200lbs bodyweight). This is usually for hardgainers.

Clean Bulk - eat at least 3g/lb bodyweight of complex carbs per day, and at least 2g/lb bodyweight of protein per day. You can have simple carbs when you wake up and right after a workout but thats IT. This is best for people who want to minimize fat gains during bulking.

next - no FATS will get you fat. Fat doesn't get directly stored as fat in the body. Quite the contrary...fat actually helps your body increase metabolism and burn bodyfat stores. High fat diets are key to also producing more testosterone and getting ripped up.

HDL vs LDL vs MCT

HDL = Good fats (help clean the blood stream and prevent accumulation of plaque in arteries) - Olive Oil, Fish, Fish Oil, Avocados, Eggs, Flax, EFA supps, etc.
LDL = Not so good fats (can be latched onto by free radicals in the blood stream causing t-cells to get occluded leading to plaque) - Animal fats, trans-fats, 30% of a dairy product, Deep Fried Foods, etc.
MCT = Medium chain Triglycerides (good for people unresponsive to gains with other fats) - Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, etc.

You want a diet rich in fats...the more fats, the most testosterone you product. Fat will not get you fat, but rather get you lean. Carbohydrates are the major offenders for fat gain, as they are converted to glycogen in the body and if not expended through physical activity are stored directly as fat.

Fat and cholesterol will not raise your cholesterol levels by themselves - improper nutritional intake and lack and exercise will. Do not eat mainly LDL fats. For every 1g of LDL fat, make sure to have at least 2g of HDL fat. HDL will clean the bloodstream like a sponge - preventing the possibility of an occlusion from free radical oxidation of LDL in the bloodstream.
Gold: 57.53
Mar 11 2009 12:43pm
If I am 6'2'' 165 17yrs and am looking to achieve a 6 pack is it necessary to change my diet and lose weight? or will strictly working out be enough? or how much does dieting actually change.
Gold: 263.00
Mar 11 2009 01:23pm
Quote (craker_man1 @ Wed, Mar 11 2009, 01:43pm)
If I am 6'2'' 165 17yrs and am looking to achieve a 6 pack is it necessary to change my diet and lose weight? or will strictly working out be enough? or how much does dieting actually change.

diet+cardio=6 pack
Mar 11 2009 09:40pm
Quote (KickinWings @ Wed, Mar 11 2009, 03:23pm)
diet+cardio=6 pack

haha - this is about the size of it...being very brief ;-)

but yes, you will in fact need to have a proper diet and perform lots of activity (generally at least 2 hours of intense activity per day) cardio itself isn't necessary, but if you choose to do weights only, you have to do them at a very fast pace with very little breaks inbetween so it works like cardio at the same time as strength training. The alternative is to lift as usual and follow up with 45 mins of cardio afterwards.

diet would be...eating every 2-3 hours, no carbs (NO SUGAR EITHER), all protein and fats, with some veggies (no potatoes, corn, peas, carrots, or beans) - make sure to also take BCAA's during workouts.

Besides that, caffeine is a great supplement to use in the morning and prior to working out - also take multivitamins.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,053.62
Mar 12 2009 12:40pm
Hi there, I just came across this thread and found it interesting reading all the advice people are giving.

I'm 18, exactly 200 lbs 5'8-5'10 not really sure, trying to cut down to 160-175 and while gaining some muscle mass to prevent flabbiness

What's the best method of going at this?

Currently:

I've been doing 30 min cardio on an exercise bike everyday and 3 times a week go to the gym and do 30 min treadmill and arm weights, occasionally play tennis with a friend of mine

As for eating plan, I don't really have one. I tend to skip breakfast and eat lunch at 11:45, in which I'll probably have snacks in between and not eat until 7ish for dinner.
For lunch I'll have whatever is in the house such as PB&J, Hot dogs, chicken etc..

I saw a couple posts about eating patterns, should I just eat protein every two hours? and what's the best course to take for excersing?
Mar 12 2009 01:52pm
Quote (Ryans @ Thu, Mar 12 2009, 02:40pm)
Hi there, I just came across this thread and found it interesting reading all the advice people are giving.

I'm 18,  exactly 200 lbs 5'8-5'10 not really sure, trying to cut down to 160-175 and while gaining some muscle mass to prevent flabbiness

What's the best method of going at this?

Currently:

I've been doing 30 min cardio on an exercise bike everyday and 3 times a week go to the gym and do 30 min treadmill and arm weights, occasionally play tennis with a friend of mine

As for eating plan, I don't really have one. I tend to skip breakfast and eat lunch at 11:45, in which I'll probably have snacks in between and not eat until 7ish for dinner.
For lunch I'll have whatever is in the house such as PB&J, Hot dogs, chicken etc..

I saw a couple posts about eating patterns, should I just eat protein every two hours? and what's the best course to take for excersing?

Hey there...

ok first of all...your plan needs to look like this:

Gym - 5 days a week - focus on 1 major muscle group with 1 minor muscle group each day. Do this for at least 2 hours each day.

After the strength workout, you will do 30-45 minutes of cardio (bike, treadmill, or eliptical).

diet -

You will need to eat every 2-3 hours....eliminate most of the carbs and sugar you're eating and replace with protein and fat.

There are tons of samples on the last few pages about people with the exact same question, so feel free to read up! =)
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,053.62
Mar 12 2009 02:07pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Thu, Mar 12 2009, 02:52pm)
Hey  there...

ok first of all...your plan needs to look like this:

Gym - 5 days a week - focus on 1 major muscle group with 1 minor muscle group each day. Do this for at least 2 hours each day.

After the strength workout, you will do 30-45 minutes of cardio (bike, treadmill, or eliptical).

diet -

You will need to eat every 2-3 hours....eliminate most of the carbs and sugar you're eating and replace with protein and fat.

There are tons of samples on the last few pages about people with the exact same question, so feel free to read up! =)

Okay and for someone clueless like myself what would you recommend as a major muscle group to start with?

Also as for food wise I checked it up

Let me know how this sounds
Breakfast - 2 Eggs Scambled w/ a small amount of cheese
9 am - Walnuts? How many?
12 am - PB&J Sandwich
2-3 pm - Need something (fruit, vegetable?)
5-6 pm - Grilled Chicken Breast
9-10 pm (b4 bed) - Nuts or Cottage cheese
Gold: 4,451.51
Mar 12 2009 02:54pm
Curious on your stance of 'caffeine negating any gains from creatine'. Is caffeine enough of a diuretic to effect it? And even if it is, isn't creatine's purpose to help replenish the ATP in your muscles?

Thanks
Gold: 112.00
Mar 12 2009 03:26pm
Quote (Ryans @ Thu, Mar 12 2009, 08:07pm)
Okay and for someone clueless like myself what would you recommend as a major muscle group to start with?

Also as for food wise I checked it up

Let me know how this sounds
Breakfast - 2 Eggs Scambled w/ a small amount of cheese
9 am - Walnuts? How many?
12 am - PB&J Sandwich
2-3 pm - Need something (fruit, vegetable?)
5-6 pm - Grilled Chicken Breast
9-10 pm (b4 bed) - Nuts or Cottage cheese

Check pages 86, 89-91
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev195969798992039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll