d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19339349359369372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 11 2011 07:10pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jul 11 2011 08:17pm)
Any ways of calming social anxiety?

I actually like to talk to people and shit, but the problem is I tend to get nervous ticks or really tense sometimes

Here's things that I have done that make it a bit better...like going out more, working out, smoking (but cant do that anymore)

Let me know if you might have several other suggestions

Thanks

Mind over matter for this case. Keep telling yourself that everyone around you in human, and no matter what they think of you, nothing in life changes. Start thinking of the earth from outer space, and how insignificant our tiny little ant lives are compared to the infinite universe. Once you really put all of that in perspective, it really makes you not care about what people think, and then you just act yourself. Surprisingly enough...once you act yourself and not care about what others think of you, you resonate a true feeling of confidence that attracts women and assists in joining new social circles.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 11 2011 08:33pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 11 2011 10:10pm)
Mind over matter for this case. Keep telling yourself that everyone around you in human, and no matter what they think of you, nothing in life changes. Start thinking of the earth from outer space, and how insignificant our tiny little ant lives are compared to the infinite universe. Once you really put all of that in perspective, it really makes you not care about what people think, and then you just act yourself. Surprisingly enough...once you act yourself and not care about what others think of you, you resonate a true feeling of confidence that attracts women and assists in joining new social circles.

Hmm, I do do these things. Maybe I just have been feeling it a little more lately since I haven't been as active in going out and doing shit.

New question,

I need to start cutting, I want to find out my TDEE so I can set up a cutting diet. Is there a more accurate formula you know of to find out TDEE aside from Harris Benedict Formula?
Jul 11 2011 11:21pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jul 11 2011 10:33pm)
Hmm, I do do these things. Maybe I just have been feeling it a little more lately since I haven't been as active in going out and doing shit.

New question,

I need to start cutting, I want to find out my TDEE so I can set up a cutting diet. Is there a more accurate formula you know of to find out TDEE aside from Harris Benedict Formula?

This one is pretty good...

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
Gold: 1,589.17
Jul 11 2011 11:51pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 11 2011 03:59pm)
It is very effective....I do recommend it...just do NOT take more than the recommended dosage.

Where can i get lots for cheap do you know? if not ill just google and try finding something.
Gold: 31.01
Jul 12 2011 12:46am
could you help me with quitting tobacco, both smoking and chewing.

can't seem to kick the habit.
Jul 12 2011 12:59am
Quote (Gutah @ Jul 12 2011 01:51am)
Where can i get lots for cheap do you know? if not ill just google and try finding something.

Unfortunately I do not know of any places, sorry.

edit:

you can try checking the anabolicminds forums

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 12 2011 12:59am
Jul 12 2011 01:01am
Quote (Osirislives @ Jul 12 2011 02:46am)
could you help me with quitting tobacco, both smoking and chewing.

can't seem to kick the habit.

Well if mind-over-matter really isn't working out for you...there are a few options..

1. The nicotine patch/gum. Follow the directions and use it to gradually lean yourself off.
2. The electronic vapor cigarette - much safer and a decent way to kick the habit gradually.
3. Acupuncture - works for some people...and worth checking into.
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Jul 12 2011 10:35am
Hello Raynor,

I've read a couple BCAA vs Glutamine forums across the net, and basically everyone has there own broscience theory on the 2 products. Even some people claiming glutamine is destroyed once it enters your gut and is virtually useless.

Which do you recommend? Or are they both decent? Ty

Edit; for building muscle

This post was edited by Ladsy on Jul 12 2011 10:35am
Jul 12 2011 10:42am
Quote (Ladsy @ Jul 12 2011 12:35pm)
Hello Raynor,

I've read a couple BCAA vs Glutamine forums across the net, and basically everyone has there own broscience theory on the 2 products. Even some people claiming glutamine is destroyed once it enters your gut and is virtually useless.

Which do you recommend? Or are they both decent? Ty

Edit; for building muscle

Hey there. Glutamine is definitely NOT destroyed through the digestion process. If that was true, then we would all be glutamine deficient. If they are referring to glutamine powder....certain supplements are better than others. Some may digest, others may not...some may get destroyed by stomach acid...others may not. It all depends.

Anyway, I recommend the following:

2g bcaa pre, intra (every 45 mins) and post workout. Try optimum nutrition BCAA-1000 caps.

Secondly, for glutamine, I recommend PH Buffered glutamine. You can try Scifit glutalyn. Take 2 pills post workout and 2 pills before bed.

In conjunction with a great diet and a good protein shake such as Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Natural, you will find yourself with a complete amino profile.
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Jul 12 2011 10:46am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 13 2011 12:42am)
Hey there. Glutamine is definitely NOT destroyed through the digestion process. If that was true, then we would all be glutamine deficient. If they are referring to glutamine powder....certain supplements are better than others. Some may digest, others may not...some may get destroyed by stomach acid...others may not. It all depends.

Anyway, I recommend the following:

2g bcaa pre, intra (every 45 mins) and post workout. Try optimum nutrition BCAA-1000 caps.

Secondly, for glutamine, I recommend PH Buffered glutamine. You can try Scifit glutalyn. Take 2 pills post workout and 2 pills before bed.

In conjunction with a great diet and a good protein shake such as Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Natural, you will find yourself with a complete amino profile.

Ty :) I actually just purchased that exact bcaa brand. What do you mean by intra? As in, take some 45 mins into your actual workout?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19339349359369372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll