d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev192939495962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 4 2009 05:00pm
Quote (SeaBas @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 11:24am)
Hey,

Since i started going to gym im pretty happy with the results. Ive gained some weight in muscle and such but for about a month my weight has been exactly the same no matter what i eat and i still train as hard as i did when i started(i think).
I think im eating the right things but nothing seems to help. What is wrong!? :S I go to my gym about 4 times a week. If i go more often i just feel weak.

Any help would be appreciated. What could i be doing wrong?

Oh and by the way should i eat before i go to gym ? Now im trying not to but im not sure what is right.

Simple. You need to put more macros into your diet. Carbs/protein/fats

The best idea is for you to get Cytosport Cytogainer and drink two of them a day....preferably one in the morning and one after you work out.
Mar 4 2009 05:05pm
Quote (KickinWings @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 05:49pm)
i need help on a sort of diet sort of thing

the only thing in my house that i can readily make (low on money, no groceries)
an apple
nutrigrain bar
peice of cheese
ramen
some cereal

as you can tell, this isnt much to work from and i really want to burn this last bit of fat off my stomach, i want to hae the 6 pack ive always wanted (i can see it, but its hiding from me :[) i run every day in first hour (gym) playing football or basketball and i walk this one chick home every day for about an hour or half hour at the least amount of time, but it just wont go away, ive been doing leg lifts (nother question, all my abs are lined up except my left [i guess you could say 5th] ab, why and how do i line them up) and ive been doing other ab exercises at night (not every night, every other night) but i cant seem to get it off and its bothering me, i can post progression pics soon, but i dont want to until its gone :[

help with diet/exercise info?

First off, those foods included will not help you burn up fat stores at all....especially because that would be 95% carbs and 5% protein (only from the cheese).

You are going to have to try your best to start eating meats in place of those carbs and exercising at least an hour or two a day in order to burn up fat. Simply doing ab exercises and reducing quantity of food will not give you a 6 pack.

A good way to start would be buying frozen chicken breasts and eating them in place of virtually anything else. Chicken + olive oil all day long basically (to fit your budgetary needs). In a few weeks of vigorous physical activity (preferably doing strength training at a gym.....if you dont have a gym....pushups, pullups, crunches, and cardio like running or biking will do just fine) and the diet of no carbs...you'll shed the fat in no time.

However, once you reach the body you want, you can start eating carbs again as "Maintenance". We will discuss that more when you come closer to your goal.
Gold: 263.00
Mar 4 2009 05:21pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 06:05pm)
First off, those foods included will not help you burn up fat stores at all....especially because that would be 95% carbs and 5% protein (only from the cheese).

You are going to have to try your best to start eating meats in place of those carbs and exercising at least an hour or two a day in order to burn up fat. Simply doing ab exercises and reducing quantity of food will not give you a 6 pack.

A good way to start would be buying frozen chicken breasts and eating them in place of virtually anything else. Chicken + olive oil all day long basically (to fit your budgetary needs). In a few weeks of vigorous physical activity (preferably doing strength training at a gym.....if you dont have a gym....pushups, pullups, crunches, and cardio like running or biking will do just fine) and the diet of no carbs...you'll shed the fat in no time.

However, once you reach the body you want, you can start eating carbs again as "Maintenance". We will discuss that more when you come closer to your goal.

well thats the thing, if im going to eat, thats all i have to eat (forgot to add the pb&j's) and we seriously dont have money to get anything at all (age:15 job status: none for me or my mom)
Gold: 20.00
Mar 4 2009 06:00pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 11:00pm)
Simple. You need to put more macros into your diet. Carbs/protein/fats

The best idea is for you to get Cytosport Cytogainer and drink two of them a day....preferably one in the morning and one after you work out.

My diet is good already, that cant be the problem. my workout is a lot less good probably
Mar 4 2009 10:17pm
Quote (SeaBas @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 08:00pm)
My diet is good already, that cant be the problem. my workout is a lot less good probably

This is not true.

If you are a hardgainer - which it seems like - you need additional calories and macros. I have trained people who had to consume 6,000+ calories a day at 150 lbs in order to gain weight at a normal pace. Do not assume your diet is fine.

However, there is a possibility you need to improve your workout as well - however, workouts in general will NOT make you gain weight at all...this is a misconception. Diet is what makes you gain weight, proper workouts are what enables muscle growth and fat loss (or maintenance) to occur.

You need additional nutritional supplementation if you are not gaining any weight.
Gold: 0.01
Mar 4 2009 10:26pm
What are good timings to take creatine or whey protein?

Before/After Workout
Before Sleep
After Waking Up

This has always confused me.
Mar 4 2009 11:39pm
Quote (KamonKamon @ Thu, Mar 5 2009, 12:26am)
What are good timings to take creatine or whey protein?

Before/After Workout
Before Sleep
After Waking Up

This has always confused me.

Creatine Monohydrate (micronized or regular) -

Once in the morning and once AFTER a workout

Kre-Alkalyn

Once in the morning and once BEFORE a workout

Mar 8 2009 11:58am
TIP OF THE DAY:

Upon waking up, make sure to drink lots of water. The time you spent sleeping has considerably dehydrated your body, and requires you to rehydrate upon waking - DO NOT WAIT. The sooner you re-hydrate, the sooner your body will begin performing efficiently and wake up from the dehydrated state. (You can also take caffeine/stimulant products at this time)

Food on the other hand should be eaten 30 minutes after waking up, to give your body a chance to rehydrate first.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2009 01:47pm
Hey a month ago i went for a diet and its all doing good, im nearly coming to my goal of loosing 25 lbs ( Started 180, 165 atm) So yeah i stopped drinking my protein shake after i train,

Should i restart taking it? ( Im 15) I do '300 workout'training every 2 days and i do MMA sparring on for 1 hours I cardio everyday

Whats your opinion?
Gold: 5,116.73
Mar 8 2009 05:11pm
m1t? heard of it..

thoughts?

also zma?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev192939495962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll