d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev191929394952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 3 2009 01:24pm
Quote (Urbain @ Tue, Mar 3 2009, 08:30am)
Would it be safe to wear it on only one knee? Or lets say a wrap on only one wrist?

Technically yes, however I would simply wrap both knees to make things even and prevent overbearing on the unprotected side. Best to wear two.
Mar 3 2009 01:33pm
Quote (Osirislives @ Tue, Mar 3 2009, 11:55am)
is it a good idea to work out while you have a cold?

i feel it would probably make me feel better but i just don't feel like i could lift as much

or would it just make things worse?

NO!

Contrary to some beliefs that working out and sweating when you have a cold is good - the truth of the matter is that sweating alone (without physical exertion - aka from direct heat) is the only type of beneficial sweating when you are sick. Physical exertion compromises the immune system further, and to make matters worse gyms are one of the top offenders of germ spreading. Not only would you possibly make yourself worse, but you risk transmitting your germs to others.

DO NOT WORK OUT SICK.

Stick to the following:

1. Extra clothing/blankets and sweat it out without exertion.

2. Tons of hot tea with honey and lemon (really works).

3. Hot Chicken soup all day long (great protein and comforting sensation).

4. Vitamin C and Multivitamins all day long.

5. Plenty of fresh air during the day (preferably salt air).

6. Sinus irrigation with salt water (tremendous).

7. Warm Salt Water Gargle followed up by Listerine Gargle.

8. Brandy (if you suffer a severe sore throat - sip this slowly over the course of a whole day - it acts as an antiseptic in the back of the throat, esophagus, and stomach - something mouthwash can not do).

9. SLEEP!! (get as much sleep as you can).

10. Citrus Fruits! (excellent sources of vitamin C, and also good on the throat).
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2009 04:48pm
should i count sugar alcohols towards my net carb intake? im talking about very small amounts that are in gum (sorbitol and malitol mainly).
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Mar 3 2009 06:04pm
Quote (JMacintosh @ Tue, Mar 3 2009, 06:48pm)
should i count sugar alcohols towards my net carb intake? im talking about very small amounts that are in gum (sorbitol and malitol mainly).

are you serious? theres like under 5 calories in a piece of gum (ones that use sorbitol and maltitol prolly have even less than that)
Gold: 0.00
Mar 3 2009 06:11pm
Quote (Peachie @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 12:04am)
are you serious? theres like under 5 calories in a piece of gum (ones that use sorbitol and maltitol prolly have even less than that)

yes im serious...when ur on a low carb diet every gram of carb counts
and i questioned if the grams of carb mattered not the damn calories becuz sometimes up to 2 g of total carbs are listed on the label as sugar alcohols
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Mar 3 2009 06:15pm
well, each gram of sugar alcohol(depending on which one) gives ~2 - 2.5 calories worth of "energy" so i guess just count every 2 grams of sugar alcohols as 1g of carbs
Mar 3 2009 10:17pm
Quote (JMacintosh @ Tue, Mar 3 2009, 06:48pm)

Don't bother with gum...very little of the caloric content of gum even makes it to your digestive system. The act of chewing gum alone burns more calories (approx 15 per piece) than the total caloric content.

Gum is a great way to burn additional calories (15 per hour x 12 hours a day = 180 calories)
Gold: 304.48
Warn: 40%
Mar 4 2009 05:36am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Mar 4 2009, 04:17am)
Don't bother with gum...very little of the caloric content of gum even makes it to your digestive system. The act of chewing gum alone burns more calories (approx 15 per piece) than the total caloric content.

Gum is a great way to burn additional calories (15 per hour x 12 hours a day = 180 calories)

also a great way to fuck up your jaws lol happy.gif

just saying
Gold: 20.00
Mar 4 2009 09:24am
Hey,

Since i started going to gym im pretty happy with the results. Ive gained some weight in muscle and such but for about a month my weight has been exactly the same no matter what i eat and i still train as hard as i did when i started(i think).
I think im eating the right things but nothing seems to help. What is wrong!? :S I go to my gym about 4 times a week. If i go more often i just feel weak.

Any help would be appreciated. What could i be doing wrong?

Oh and by the way should i eat before i go to gym ? Now im trying not to but im not sure what is right.

This post was edited by SeaBas on Mar 4 2009 09:26am
Gold: 263.00
Mar 4 2009 03:49pm
i need help on a sort of diet sort of thing

the only thing in my house that i can readily make (low on money, no groceries)
an apple
nutrigrain bar
peice of cheese
ramen
some cereal

as you can tell, this isnt much to work from and i really want to burn this last bit of fat off my stomach, i want to hae the 6 pack ive always wanted (i can see it, but its hiding from me :[) i run every day in first hour (gym) playing football or basketball and i walk this one chick home every day for about an hour or half hour at the least amount of time, but it just wont go away, ive been doing leg lifts (nother question, all my abs are lined up except my left [i guess you could say 5th] ab, why and how do i line them up) and ive been doing other ab exercises at night (not every night, every other night) but i cant seem to get it off and its bothering me, i can post progression pics soon, but i dont want to until its gone :[

help with diet/exercise info?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev191929394952039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll