d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19109119129139142039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 30 2011 02:56am
Quote (Celebrity @ Jun 29 2011 11:36pm)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/monstermilk.html

I was looking around and saw that, what do you think? It has Kre Alkayn in it :O

Sorry for the double post.

Thanks!

monster milk is not that great. I'd recommend sticking to a good protein shake like optimum nutrition pro complex natural and taking scifit kre alkalyn 1500 separately.
Gold: 6,708.17
Jun 30 2011 08:33am
Following the below diet, how large is the chicken breast on meal#2, what kind of berries in meal#1, and does it matter what time of day I exercise?

First thing upon waking - Drink 2 cups of coffee (or take 3 GAT Jet Fuel) with 20 oz water and perform 20 mins of fasting cardio.
Meal 1 (wait another 15 mins after finishing cardio) - Protein shake w/ 1 cup oatmeal + handful of berries
Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast + large green salad + o-oil and vinegar
Meal 3 - 5 oz lean beef (90/10 or better) w/ mixed veggies
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + 1/2 cup green pepper
Meal 5 (assuming this is POST WORKOUT, if not adjust this meal to PWO) - 1 Protein shake + 1 tbsp peanut butter + handful mixed berries
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 TSP peanut butter + cinnamon
Gold: 6,708.17
Jun 30 2011 09:13am
Quote (dgkblack @ Jun 30 2011 02:33pm)
Following the below diet, how large is the chicken breast on meal#2, what kind of berries in meal#1, and does it matter what time of day I exercise?

First thing upon waking - Drink 2 cups of coffee (or take 3 GAT Jet Fuel) with 20 oz water and perform 20 mins of fasting cardio.
Meal 1 (wait another 15 mins after finishing cardio) - Protein shake w/ 1 cup oatmeal + handful of berries
Meal 5 (assuming this is POST WORKOUT, if not adjust this meal to PWO) - 1 Protein shake + 1 tbsp peanut butter + handful mixed berries

Err also, is there a way where I can get some help via PM?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2011 09:17am
Hi SKCraynor!

4 months ago, I got blood work done to see if my health was all right. The doctor saw that my AST-ALT was about 2x average.

2 months ago, I got an other blood work done but this is time it was centered on liver health. Everything was okay, one of AST-ALT went down to normal and the other was about 1.5x average.

I'm doing an other blood work today to see if everything is alright.

When i got my first blood work done, I had some excess fat because of my operation ( couldn't work out and ate like a pig) and it might have affected my AST-ALT levels.

I'm wondering if anything else in my diet/life style would have be the reason to high levels of AST-ALT. High protein intake, multi, Vit-C, Vit D3, amino acids etc.

Tyvm!
Gold: 120.00
Jun 30 2011 09:35am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 30 2011 03:54am)
The knee is still injured that long after the initial incident? If so, have you been using a proper compression brace as well as resting/icing/and elevating it?

Shoulder injury I have as well...it literally took 3 months of NOTHING to get it better. Cortisone injections also are very helpful.

In total honesty to avoid permanent injury, you really need to get yourself into a doctor, take some xrays, and maybe gets some cortisone injections. As far as the healing process, you need to lay off the gym for a while. Try your best just to eat a ton of protein and cholesterol to fight off as much atrophy as possible.

Not working out is really not an option with how big I am right now, I need to push through it while I cut right now and then I'll have to deal with the healing process associated with surgery because if I abandon the gym at how big I am, not only will I lose the strength, but aesthetically it won't be a pretty picture.

You think cortisone shots are really the way to go?

The knee is definitely a lot better, but I definitely can't workout w/o a knee brace.
Jun 30 2011 11:28am
Quote (dgkblack @ Jun 30 2011 10:33am)

chicken breast is a standard 6 oz size.
berries don't matter...could be any. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.

time of day for exercise does NOT matter so long as you are able to sleep at least 8 hrs a night.
Jun 30 2011 11:55am
Quote (serennia @ Jun 30 2011 11:17am)
Hi SKCraynor!

4 months ago, I got blood work done to see if my health was all right. The doctor saw that my AST-ALT was about 2x average.

2 months ago, I got an other blood work done but this is time it was centered on liver health. Everything was okay, one of AST-ALT went down to normal and the other was about 1.5x average.

I'm doing an other blood work today to see if everything is alright.

When i got my first blood work done, I had some excess fat because of my operation ( couldn't work out and ate like a pig) and it might have affected my AST-ALT levels.

I'm wondering if anything else in my diet/life style would have be the reason to high levels of AST-ALT. High protein intake, multi, Vit-C, Vit D3, amino acids etc.

Tyvm!

There are a LOT of possibilities here...

here is a list of some things that can lead to increased AST-ALT levels:

1. Hepatitis B and C
2. Alcohol Abuse (and cirrhosis)
3. Medications
4. HHC
5. NASH
6. other rare disorders

Jun 30 2011 12:02pm
Quote (Boxa @ Jun 30 2011 11:35am)
Not working out is really not an option with how big I am right now, I need to push through it while I cut right now and then I'll have to deal with the healing process associated with surgery because if I abandon the gym at how big I am, not only will I lose the strength, but aesthetically it won't be a pretty picture.

You think cortisone shots are really the way to go?

The knee is definitely a lot better, but I definitely can't workout w/o a knee brace.

You can definitely abandon training for a short period of time (1-3 months depending) so long as that you do several things...

1. Do everything to cheat the system...that means eat a ton of protein, keep the carbs low, keep the good fats high...modified ketosis. In addition, wake up in the morning, consume a good amount of caffeine, drink water, and 20-30 mins later eat meal one. This simulates morning cardio to an extent.
2. To retain as much muscle as possible, take 30-45 mins a day and focus on deep flexing of every major muscle group. Do static and dynamic flexing to the best of your ability. Immediately afterwards, slam a protein shake just as if you had trained hard at the gym.
3. Wear a knee brace, and elbow sleeve as much as possible. This will accelerate the healing process.
4. GET THOSE CORTISONE SHOTS!!! This will RAPIDLY help the situation and you will be out of the gym for a much shorter period of time.

consider this...you are afraid of the reuslts of staying out of the gym for 1-3 months...imagine if you ended up having permanent injury or had to have major surgery such as TJ surgery. You would be out for years...it would be very difficult to fully recover from any of that.

Short sighted goals are no good here...if you start to watch your physique fall apart...it can be rebuilt when you are injury free.

The reason I recommend the knee brace is because, regardless of it feeling better...should you manage to put enough pressure, strain, or stretch on it during a workout...you can risk an extremely severe injury. The brace at least takes some of the risk away from that.
Gold: 18,204.00
Jun 30 2011 02:20pm
Hey man. My buddy started hitting the gym with me this week. I tried to get him to go less volume than I. He's never seriously lifted. He refused and now he has hurt himself. The kid can't even lift his arms to jog after chest/ light tris. His elbow is swolen pretty big. Should we be concerned or is the inflammation not something to worry about? Obviously he realizes he can't do what I do next week or whenever. He's a little freaked.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2011 03:04pm
Hey, do you have any immediate tips as to solving sensitive teeth cause by citric acid wear.

I don't usually get this problem, unless I eat a fuck load of citrus...but the other day I was having a pre supp. and I was swishing it around a lot in my mouth over about 15 minutes. Well, I have had problem biting down since and brushing my teeth fucking kills so Sensodyne isn't doing much for me atm..

Anyways, any suggestions that would help get them less sensitive, VERY fast?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19109119129139142039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll