d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18768778788798802039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.90
Jun 12 2011 04:20pm
So, now I am starting your 5x5 strengt training plan.

So, I should max out on every excersice I do, to get my 1 RM?

Will need just a week to prepare that on every excersice, lol? ^^

Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2011 05:57pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 12 2011 07:17pm
Quote (OrkyMarquis @ Jun 12 2011 10:32am)
But i got a problems , about supplements and leg workouts
I got amputed right foot and I cant take creatine cause of my prothesthic leg ( It haves to be tight and fit ) And when i took creatine I was doing water retention in my leg and it didnt fit anymore in my prothesthic, Got any other supplement that you can suggest to me?
It would be really appreciated but if u cant help I would understand I'm a rare person lol !

Hey there.

Ah I understand completely. If that is the case...the only leg exercises you will be able to do are the following:

1. Leg Extensions
2. Leg Curls
3. Hip Adductor
4. Hip Abductor

I would NOT advise squats/leg presses of any variety if you are using a prosthetic.

Replace the leg day in my guide with 5 sets of those 4 exercises. If you would rather than do any leg work at all, I totally understand and you can skip it.

Secondly, if you take KRE ALKALYN there will be NO water retention. Only creatine monohydrate will cause this. The kre-alkalyn will not.
Jun 12 2011 07:20pm
Quote (TheOak @ Jun 12 2011 01:24pm)
Hey Raynor! little update 4 u

NPC Tampa Bay Classic (June 11th, 2011)

I am officially a bodybuilder brah!

Weighed in @ 159.6 for the competition

Sat Pre-judging..

Things were moving quick, and I didnt kno wat to expect. Next thing I kno, im backstage pumping up to get on stage in the teen class!

I take a look @ the competition, and they;re massive! There were a total of 7 teen competitors and every one of them had the fair share of strengths.

I was super suprised and knew that the judges had their hands full this morning.

Walked in a line on stage & I was at the very end. First 5 seconds the head judge calls me to switch places and puts me in the middle of the stage! (Good sign!)

I hit every pose with confidence and the strain of 1000lbs forcing back on me! ... Holding each pose tight I shook like crazy!

My tan was blotchy in person but according to my mom/sister it looked great and they said I was by far the best poser.

off the stage we go, next thing I kno im right back in line for the NOVICE LIGHTWEIGHT CLASS. (Under 165.25lbs)

I take a look at these guys and chuckled... "Well its good for experience" I was just purely out classed by these guys.

I went right out on stage and again just had fun getting the crowd yelling over my lat spread ;)

Sat night - Finals

This is suppost to be the "fun part" of the show.... i was even more nervous

Problem being I hadnt practice my routine as much as I liked, but knew I was a confident poser and would jst hit some good shots.

60sec routine... nailed it and felt great, Weighted backstage to call out the final results of the teen division.

#32 (Me) ... 2nd Place!! I of course wanted the gold, but the cards werent for me in this show. The NPC is such a hard division and as many of the competitors said, this year every class was STACKED

I agree with the judging, the guy who beat me was a monster. 3rd place guy was also huge but I think that my conditioning/posing/confidence gave me the win over him.

I have a huge trophy and a medal.  Huge victory in my eyes, and its only the beginning of a long bodybuilding journey!

next is an INBA natural show in 4wks & then from there its straight to mass gains 4 a while!

i js wanted to thank u for everything, u are a great help and im glad to call u my friend.  i owe u a bunch!

ill try to get some pics if ur interested

wow man...that is such an inspiration for me to read. I am very proud of you and amazed that you placed 2nd in your first competition....that is jaw dropping....especially against the competition you illustrated above.

I am very glad you did as well as you did...you certainly worked very hard and definitely deserved such prestige (2nd place is NOTHING to scoff at!)

You are very welcome for everything, I'm just extremely glad I was able to help you out as much as I did.

Pictures would be VERY good...I would love to see them if you have time to upload.

Best of luck in the coming contests, I'll be here for whenever you need some further support =)

:thumbsup:
Jun 12 2011 07:21pm
Quote (sdCObliterator @ Jun 12 2011 02:37pm)
Hey Raynor, quick question. Bought some Now Super Omega 3-6-9, how many should I be taking a day? thanks!

for optimal health, I would recommend 2 pills 3 times per day (with meals)
Jun 12 2011 07:23pm
Quote (Wild @ Jun 12 2011 04:47pm)
6'5" 270 20yrs old again
if i'm taking in 2000-2400 calories a day
how many should i burn at the gym if i'm trying to lose weight
mainly just doing treadmill jogging/escalated walking

goal weight is 205
i know i should take in less calories just still trying to get used to dieting i like eating too much :/

Hey there....you need to strive for at least 400-500 cals burned from exercise per day. To do this, you can split up your workouts into two sessions (optimally)

30 minutes of HIIT when you first wake up (drink water, DONT EAT, then do it...you can eat 20 mins after finishing)
then another 45-60 minutes at the gym later in the day as well.

If you do not have time for this...the optimal choice for ONE workout would be 1 hr and 30 mins at the gym....1 hr strength training, and 30 minutes of HIIT cardio immediately afterwards.

do this 5 days a week.
Jun 12 2011 07:26pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ Jun 12 2011 06:20pm)
So, now I am starting your 5x5 strengt training plan.

So, I should max out on every excersice I do, to get my 1 RM?

Will need just a week to prepare that on every excersice, lol? ^^

Hey there.

yes you can take a week to discover all of your 1RM.

TO do this, you need a spotter.

Here is the proper method....

Set 1 - warmup set (approx 15 reps, light weight, stretch out get the form proper)
Set 2 - load up the weight to what you KNOW you can do for 1RM, see how many reps you can get it for...if you can get it for 1 rep and ALMOST 2...you are slightly above your 1RM. If you get more than 1 full rep, increase weight - wait 2-3 minutes (rest period) and try again with more weight
Set 3 - as needed...
Set 4 - and so forth.

Stop once you find your 1RM

ALWAYS USE A SPOTTER!
Jun 12 2011 07:29pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jun 12 2011 07:57pm)

Hey there...very hard to tell...maybe 13-15%?

You have much lower BF in certain spots than others. You seem to carry most of your BF in the hips ...so a total accurate BF% might be hard to establish from pics alone...have you tried calipers?
Gold: 1,310.23
Jun 12 2011 07:34pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 12 2011 08:20pm)
wow man...that is such an inspiration for me to read. I am very proud of you and amazed that you placed 2nd in your first competition....that is jaw dropping....especially against the competition you illustrated above.

I am very glad you did as well as you did...you certainly worked very hard and definitely deserved such prestige (2nd place is NOTHING to scoff at!)

You are very welcome for everything, I'm just extremely glad I was able to help you out as much as I did.

Pictures would be VERY good...I would love to see them if you have time to upload.

Best of luck in the coming contests, I'll be here for whenever you need some further support =)

:thumbsup:

:)

I posted pics in a thread, they are on page three. Figured it would be easier/space saving for me to jst post a link and if u wanted to, you could take a peak.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=55557336&f=60&o=20

Thanks again
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2011 08:18pm
Raynor, is this a good split?

Sunday: Chest + Biceps

Flat Bench Press 5x6
Barbell Curl 5x6
Dumbell Bench Flys 5x6
Dumbell Curls (or Suplination Curls) 5x6
Hammer Curls 5x6
Push-Ups 3x15+
Crunches 5x15+
Plank (MAX)

Tuesday: Back + Legs

Deadlift 5x6
Leg Curl 5x10
Power Clean 5x6
Hamstring Curl 5x10
Bent Over Barbell Row 5x6
Hammer-Grip Chin-Ups 3x10
Crunches 3x20+

Thursday: Shoulders + Triceps

Close-Grip Flat Bench Press 5x6
Lateral Pulldowns 5x6
Seated Tricep Press 3x6
Lateral Side Raises 5x6
Tricep Kickbacks 5x6
Dumbell Shoulder Press 5x6
Hammer Curls 5x6
Crunches 5x15+
Plank (MAX)

I'm 5'7, 123 lbs. My goal is definition. What should my caloric intake look like?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18768778788798802039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll