d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18638648658668672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 5 2011 08:45pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Jun 5 2011 02:58pm)
Hey Raynor, I haven't been able to lift for the past couple of months and I was wondering if you knew a way for me to jump back into it without shocking my CNS too badly, but without wasting the workout.
Doing a 4 day split with:
Mon Chest
Tues Back/traps
Thurs Bi/tri
Fri Legs/delts

I would actually recommend doing an upper body/lower body split...like this

Day 1 - Upper
Day 2 - Lower
Day 3 - OFF
Day 4 - Upper
Day 5 - Lower
Day 6 - OFF
Day 7 - OFF

This is MUCH better to get back into the swing of things...stick to very basic exercises for 3 sets per exercise + 1 warmup set (total of 4 sets). Do it like this...

Set 1 - 15 reps warmup
Set 2 - 12 reps working weight
Set 3 - 10 reps slightly heavier
Set 4 - 8 reps moderately heavy

Do this:

Upper Day - (switch between the two exercises listed each week...so basically do each exercise ONCE per week per muscle group...ie: bench press on day 1, and DB flat bench on day 4)

DB Flat Bench Press or Regular bench press
Lat Pulldowns or Cable Rows
Front Raises or Lat Raises
DB Shrugs or Barbell Shrugs
EZ-Bar Curls or DB Curls
Tricep Cable Pulldowns or DB Tricep Kickbacks
Hanging leg raises or Decline Situps w/ weight plate

Lower Day -

Squats or Leg Press
DB Lunges or Barbell Lunges
Seated Leg curls or Laying leg curls
Seated leg extensions (always do these, no alternative)
Seated calf raises or Standing calf raises
Hip Abbductor or Hip Adductor (abduction goes in, adduction goes out)

enjoy
Jun 5 2011 08:46pm
Quote (serennia @ Jun 5 2011 05:29pm)
Hi SKC,

If my chicken says 20g of protein per 100g and it is a uncooked chicken breast.

Is it 20g of protein per 100g COOKED or 100g UNCOOKED

Because uncooked chicken breast has water in it and in reality 100g uncooked = 70-75g cooked

Hey there.

This is correct...the 20g protein is per 100g of UNCOOKED chicken. The cooked weight for 20g protein is around 75g.
Jun 5 2011 08:49pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 5 2011 06:48pm)
Took moar advice, definitely was a good call on the cereal.

Raisin bran is delicious, but is it good if my goal is to lose weight? It seems pretty calorie dense.

Is MiO fine to put into my water? I know it has crappy artificial sweetner, but it's nomnomnom.

If I buy goldfish made with whole grain (12 g whole grain per serving) is it any better than regular goldfish?

Greek yogurt is bleh, i did try it though :D Is it fine just to have the yoplait light ones? It's like 90 calories, 0 from fat.

Hey there...

the raisin bran is good...keep the calories proper though...which means I believe a 1 cup serving with 2% milk.

I would advise AGAINST MiO...however there is a REALLY good alternative....try this: CRYSTAL LIGHT PURE (it is made with stevia...so virtually 0 calories and no artificial stuff!) also try Sobe Lifewater or Vitamin Water Zero - both are excellent

Whole grain goldfish are definitely better than the regular variety...just watch the calories and carbs.

Lastly...did you try the Okios chocolate or caramel greek yogurt? That stuff is utterly incredible...if you haven't try that again...the yoplait is crap...avoid it.

Jun 5 2011 08:52pm
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Jun 5 2011 08:25pm)
How long does 1-3 dime stay in your system.  My buddy is playing college football and can't take that stuff before he goes but he doesn't know whem he would have to stop taking pre workouts

The half life is 5-6 hours, and the effects can last up to 12 hours.

The substance can be detected in urine for up to 120 hours, however traces can show up for 5-6 days.

It is recommend to discontinue use 1 week prior to a drug screening.
Gold: 100.01
Warn: 70%
Jun 5 2011 09:21pm
is rice healthy enough to eat when in a diet?

what type of snacks can I take at night when I have little munchies
Gold: 6,420.00
Jun 5 2011 09:23pm
Raynor, I'm still plateauing on keto even after reducing cal to 1700 a day.

I'm 192 lbs 14% bf right now. 165lb lean mass

Should I try keto + intermittent fasting?

So I would just take BCAA pre/post morning workout, and maybe a protein shake early afternoon. Then eat all 1700 cals of 165g protein 120g fat within 8 hours of sleep time
Gold: 1,310.23
Jun 5 2011 09:44pm
Hey, in regards to peak weak

Mon-wed depletion (50-100g carbs a day + depletion workouts)
thur/fri carb loading. (How high should I go with the carbs? I was thinking ~500g thur and then ~400g fri, but mainly play it by mirror?)

Thurs morning when I start my carb up should I start with sugar carbs? (banana/gatorade/grap juice)?

and I know the simple sugar carbs shld be taken 30min b4 pre-judging, but have you heard about eating some fri night b4 bed?

One guy had like chocolate cake fri night b4 bed... shouldnt I stick to starch carbs thur/fri and then hit the sugar carbs sat?

Best carbs to load on thur/fri
oatmeal
sweetpotatoe
brown rice
rice cakes....

I see some people tend to do WHITE rice? Something to do with keeping u from bloating?

Also, I've read to take a "dirty meal" like 1-2hrs b4 pre-judging some ppl have pizza and others have 6" sub... ideas?
they say something that has like 50g carbs + protein + fat + sodium

This post was edited by TheOak on Jun 5 2011 09:53pm
Jun 6 2011 02:50am
Quote (bena2005 @ Jun 5 2011 11:21pm)
is rice healthy enough to eat when in a diet?

what type of snacks can I take at night when I have little munchies

depends...if you are on keto...then no rice.

if you are NOT on keto, then BROWN rice is fine...avoid white rice and yellow rice.

late night snacks should be...

Cheese, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shakes, raw veggies w/ peanut butter, or mixed nuts.
Jun 6 2011 02:51am
Quote (gloryfield @ Jun 5 2011 11:23pm)
Raynor, I'm still plateauing on keto even after reducing cal to 1700 a day.

I'm 192 lbs 14% bf right now. 165lb lean mass

Should I try keto + intermittent fasting?

So I would just take BCAA pre/post morning workout, and maybe a protein shake early afternoon. Then eat all 1700 cals of 165g protein 120g fat within 8 hours of sleep time

before we go any further, please post up your current diet and exercise routine so I can view everything...also have you been using keto strips to see if you are still in ketosis? also please show your carb day and the frequency thereof.
Jun 6 2011 02:58am
Quote (TheOak @ Jun 5 2011 11:44pm)
Hey, in regards to peak weak

Mon-wed depletion (50-100g carbs a day + depletion workouts)
thur/fri carb loading. (How high should I go with the carbs? I was thinking ~500g thur and then ~400g fri, but mainly play it by mirror?)

Thurs morning when I start my carb up should I start with sugar carbs? (banana/gatorade/grap juice)?

and I know the simple sugar carbs shld be taken 30min b4 pre-judging, but have you heard about eating some fri night b4 bed?

One guy had like chocolate cake fri night b4 bed... shouldnt I stick to starch carbs thur/fri and then hit the sugar carbs sat?

Best carbs to load on thur/fri
oatmeal
sweetpotatoe
brown rice
rice cakes....

I see some people tend to do WHITE rice? Something to do with keeping u from bloating?

Also, I've read to take a "dirty meal" like 1-2hrs b4 pre-judging some ppl have pizza and others have 6" sub... ideas?
they say something that has like 50g carbs + protein + fat + sodium

Hey there...

okay on thurs you want to avoid sugar all together...even the morning meal...stick to only complex that day.

As far as total grams go...usually around 400g should be plenty...but play it by mirror...and by how you feel...introduce them gradually throughout the day...try to avoid a binge.

eating sugar the night before judging is very risky...you can do it...but it would require a lot of calorie manipulation...pay attention to those calories and make sure your overage is very slight if any. However, if you do go that route, make sure whatever sugar you eat has low impact on your GI system....so basically avoid ice cream or dairy of any kind...but chocolate cake, muffins, etc are all fine.

yes, those are the best carbs to load thurs/fri...the ones u posted.

brown rice does not "bloat" any more than white rice...this is a myth I've heard a few people mention...brown rice is SLOW digesting, so obviously don't eat it 8 hrs before contest time.

The dirty meal is used by a LOT of pros...including jay cutler and company....they call it the "last supper" and generally have it the night before the contest...and the morning of they skip breakfast, go solid dehydration, and slam sugar pre-contest.

So if you choose to eat the day of...depending on the time of your contest...make sure its far enough away to work its way through the GI system and avoid the bloat....the sugar will give you the fullness you need 30 mins before going on stage
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18638648658668672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll