d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18538548558568572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 31 2011 10:45am
Quote (AspenSniper @ May 30 2011 11:01pm)
Oh sorry 1 more thing. What cereal is best to eat? My favorites - cinnamon toast crunch, frosted flakes, fruity pebbles.

is pepperidge farm 7 grain bread considered multigrain?

and is it fine to eat half of a watermelon in one sitting?

how good are bananas for me?

I also love granola bars like quaker chewy ones, fiber one, and milk n cereal bars.
i forgot to say that those are also foods i love.

Hey there...

those cereals are loaded with sugar...avoid those. Replace your cereal with something along the lines of shredded wheat or raisin bran. Boring, but healthy. Also you can sweeten your cereal with Stevia (truvia or purevia brand). This is a natural sugar substitute that is NOT harmful.

No, that bread is NOT whole grain...here is the list of all the ones you can pick: http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=750 oatmeal is the best ;-)

eating 1/2 of a watermelon in one sitting is TERRIBLE!! That is almost 800 calories MOSTLY from sugar.

here is a website to save if you have any nutritional questions in regards to items that don't list the facts (such as fruits/veggies, etc) Eat one wedge of watermelon instead.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2072/2

Bananas are good, but high in sugar...best to eat the banana post-workout with your post-workout shake.

Granola bars are okay, but they lack protein. You can eat a granola bar in the morning with a protein shake for example and that would be fine. Also pre-workout a granola bar is good as well.
May 31 2011 10:47am
Quote (KramerFtw @ May 30 2011 11:17pm)
hm, so what is the solution for som1 like me, who needs alot of protein and has like, no money

I live off of tuna =(

Well pound for price, frozen chicken breasts are cheaper than tuna.

Also, whey protein shakes are cheaper than virtually any protein per gram.

However, eggs are truly the CHEAPEST overall.

So basically vary your proteins: Chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shakes

that should work nicely for you....I'm not saying eliminate tuna, eat it all you want, just reduce it for optimal health.
May 31 2011 10:56am
Quote (ILoveMetal @ May 30 2011 11:18pm)
for the past 3-4 weeks ive been getting pins and needles in my arms ( mainly my hands) when i go to sleep. i wake up like 2-5 times during the night to try to get the blood flow back in my arms. i basically cant get into any possition without my arms losing circulation.

should i be worrying about this?

but in the past 3-4 weeks ive gotten my max bench from 160 to 176 ever since ive been maxing out every week, which seems to be working well... maybe its got to do with working out

Hey there.

This circulation issue is attributed to several things...however I'd like you to try a few things first:

1. Take 8 capsules of NOW! Arginine+Ornithine before bed and see if this helps (take it every night for 1 week on an empty stomach and see if it makes it better) if not, proceed to #2

2. Change your sleep position to one that is slightly uncomfortable or different. A good position that doesn't affect your arm circulation is laying on your back at a slight angle with arms at your sides. If this doesn't work proceed to #3

3. wedge a pillow under each of your arms, and see if that helps...usually it will.

If none of those 3 things help within 1 week, come back and let me know and we will go from there.

btw, good job on the increased bench!
Gold: 16,910.00
May 31 2011 12:26pm
Hey Raynor, Need more help!

Just need a few bits of info regarding Madcows 5x5 intermediate.

1.) What are hypers?
2.) What if I can't do weighted dips? I use the assisted right now.
3.) "Incline or Military" Does this mean incline bench or military press? I get to choose because I will always choose incline bench, is this bad?
4.) When it says 5sets of 5 reps each. Should each set be difficult or do these 5x5 include the warm up?
May 31 2011 03:56pm
Quote (Miniflight @ May 31 2011 02:26pm)
Hey Raynor, Need more help!

Just need a few bits of info regarding Madcows 5x5 intermediate.

1.) What are hypers?
2.) What if I can't do weighted dips? I use the assisted right now.
3.) "Incline or Military" Does this mean incline bench or military press? I get to choose because I will always choose incline bench, is this bad?
4.) When it says 5sets of 5 reps each. Should each set be difficult or do these 5x5 include the warm up?

1. I believe hypers are referring to hyperextensions.
2. If you can't do weighted dips, use your own bodyweight on two benches like this with or without the weight - do as much as you can http://www.nationalfitnessequipments.com/images/Weighted_Bench_Dips.jpg
3. Yes it means incline press or military press - incline press is fine, make sure the angle is proper...not too low.
4. 5x5 means each set is hard...you should be hurting and busting your ass to get those sets done...they are not warmups.
Gold: 16,910.00
May 31 2011 04:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 31 2011 05:56pm)
1. I believe hypers are referring to hyperextensions.
2. If you can't do weighted dips, use your own bodyweight on two benches like this with or without the weight - do as much as you can http://www.nationalfitnessequipments.com/images/Weighted_Bench_Dips.jpg
3. Yes it means incline press or military press - incline press is fine, make sure the angle is proper...not too low.
4. 5x5 means each set is hard...you should be hurting and busting your ass to get those sets done...they are not warmups.

Hey thanks again,

Would doing machine dips with an assist be just as good?
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2011 04:48pm
Sup Raynor - Not really your expertise per say but wanted another opinion involving happiness or lack there of.

Funny thing is, my life from a paper standpoint is great.

Family is wealthy, grew up with a good childhood (divorced parents, I took this hard but it was 5+ years ago), was active in many sports and was successful in all of them. I also will be graduating from Penn State University with a B.S. in Kinesiology, so the prestige/college experience is there.
Social life is fine, confident, and I feel I am good looking, yet I do have feelings of being depressed lately, mostly within the last 6 months or so. So maybe you are right, not really sure what to do.
Extrinsically, I am good, sort of materialistic in a way but intrinsically, I may not be all there. Depression does run in my family, perhaps there is a genetic component that surrounds me.
Also, along with this comes the girl aspect of it all. I know this might not be your area of expertise but I could use an opinion, one reason I am sad is because there are two girls that I like(d)
that graduated from Penn State with my same degree and left, but always hit the friend level because I never asked them out, yet I am a fairly confident person, had more to do with the idea
of getting denied.

That was in response to another thread, what can I do about this. I hope you can read this thoroughly!
May 31 2011 06:01pm
Quote (Miniflight @ May 31 2011 06:24pm)
Hey thanks again,

Would doing machine dips with an assist be just as good?

Yes that would work
May 31 2011 06:04pm
Quote (Armani_Code @ May 31 2011 06:48pm)
Sup Raynor - Not really your expertise per say but wanted another opinion involving happiness or lack there of.

Funny thing is, my life from a paper standpoint is great.

Family is wealthy, grew up with a good childhood (divorced parents, I took this hard but it was 5+ years ago), was active in many sports and was successful in all of them. I also will be graduating from Penn State University with a B.S. in Kinesiology, so the prestige/college experience is there.
Social life is fine, confident, and I feel I am good looking, yet I do have feelings of being depressed lately, mostly within the last 6 months or so. So maybe you are right, not really sure what to do.
Extrinsically, I am good, sort of materialistic in a way but intrinsically, I may not be all there. Depression does run in my family, perhaps there is a genetic component that surrounds me.
Also, along with this comes the girl aspect of it all. I know this might not be your area of expertise but I could use an opinion, one reason I am sad is because there are two girls that I like(d)
that graduated from Penn State with my same degree and left, but always hit the friend level because I never asked them out, yet I am a fairly confident person, had more to do with the idea
of getting denied.

That was in response to another thread, what can I do about this. I hope you can read this thoroughly!

Ok just took a read...let me ask you if I understand your problems correctly...I will post them below:

1. You suffer from depression but can't find a direct physical or emotional cause of it.
2. You know of women that you would like to be romantically involved with but are afraid to attempt anything for fear of being rejected.

Are those the two integral parts of your issue? If so, I would be glad to help you.

If there is more to it than that, please let me know and I will consider that before answering.
Gold: 97.66
May 31 2011 06:06pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 31 2011 11:47am)
Well pound for price, frozen chicken breasts are cheaper than tuna.

Also, whey protein shakes are cheaper than virtually any protein per gram.

However, eggs are truly the CHEAPEST overall.

So basically vary your proteins:  Chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shakes

that should work nicely for you....I'm not saying eliminate tuna, eat it all you want, just reduce it for optimal health.

I didnt know that chicken was cheaper,i might have to look into that. its 87 cents for a can of tuna at walmart, 30 grams of protein, cant go wrong (besides mercury lols)

and whey, yeah, I have some, but i need to get some good whey with no sucralose or accelfame potassium or w/e

and eggs, I have 2 meals with em a day, eggs are my fav thing to make for sure

I need to change it up, cuz im actually worried.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18538548558568572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll