d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18528538548558562039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2011 01:33pm
Quote (Armani_Code @ May 30 2011 03:30pm)
Sup Raynor

With a proper diet and lifting schedule, how many months does it take to see results from a "Hardgainer"

Hey there. It all depends, but figure around 4-6 weeks to start seeing results, and 8-12 months to start seeing the "transformation"

here is the link to my hardgainer guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501
Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
May 30 2011 07:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 30 2011 01:48pm)
Thank you for the kind words =)

OK onto your diet...

I am very sorry to say that your current food items that you eat are technically horrible lol.

I can make some modification for you, especially at chipolte which can be very healthy if properly changed up.

1. Salad from chipotle = Lettuce, black beans (or both beans), NO RICE, steak or chicken, guacamole, fresh salsa, any veggies (no corn). I eat this ALL the time, extremely healthy..great macros.

2. Chicken w/ broccoli (instead of beef with broccoli) with light sauce and BROWN rice (not fried rice)

3. oven fries are not that bad...but should only be eating in moderation with protein (ie: chicken, steak, etc) and some kind of green veggies (broccoli, salad, etc)

4. get rid of the taco bell...the only item on there you should eat are crunchy fresco tacos

5. Replace the 12" sub with a 6" sub on whole grain bread (if available) with DOUBLE MEAT and all the veggies. Steak and cheese is okay, but I would prefer you chose something like ham and cheese or turkey and cheese for lower total calories and more protein. Remember double meat and half bread!

here is a guide you can follow::

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335587138
Fat loss 15 tips

here is also a typical sample cutting diet

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=359274061
sample cutting diet (non-keto) 2,000 cals

I hate the taste of lettuce, and I actually am allergic to chicken(turkey too obviously) so that really sucks.

:( I are teh hungry. Brown rice tastes like poop.

Hmm, out of these foods what do you think I can eat that's healthy?-- Steak, pasta noodles (i cant do whole wheat cuz it tastes too terrible), I loveeee any kind of bread, tuna, peanut butter and jelly (i know PB is bad, but is it fine to do a really really thin coast of PB with a good bit of jelly?), yogurt. Veggies and fruits I like - corn, broccoli, grilled onions and peppers. Fruits - apples, bananas, grapes, watermelon, strawberries.

I am so picky :(

P.s. why is wheat bread healthier than white? The calories, fiber, and everything else on the nutrition facts are 100% identical. I think wheat sometimes has 1 extra gram of fiber and sometimes 10 less calories.

Thanks again superstar
Gold: 0.00
May 30 2011 07:42pm
What is your opinion on this article as far as selenium binding to mercury neutralizing it?
http://www.mercuryfacts.org/fselenium.cfm
May 30 2011 08:50pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ May 30 2011 09:24pm)
I hate the taste of lettuce, and I actually am allergic to chicken(turkey too obviously) so that really sucks.

:( I are teh hungry. Brown rice tastes like poop.

Hmm, out of these foods what do you think I can eat that's healthy?-- Steak, pasta noodles (i cant do whole wheat cuz it tastes too terrible), I loveeee any kind of bread, tuna, peanut butter and jelly (i know PB is bad, but is it fine to do a really really thin coast of PB with a good bit of jelly?), yogurt. Veggies and fruits I like - corn, broccoli, grilled onions and peppers. Fruits - apples, bananas, grapes, watermelon, strawberries.

I am so picky :(

P.s. why is wheat bread healthier than white? The calories, fiber, and everything else on the nutrition facts are 100% identical. I think wheat sometimes has 1 extra gram of fiber and sometimes 10 less calories.

Thanks again superstar

Hey there...let me answer everything numerically to avoid confusion.

1. If you are allergic to poultry, steak or pork at chipotle would be fine.
2. If you hate lettuce, you really need to learn to start liking it. Green leafy veggies are very important for your long term health, as well as for fiber content, and the ability to fill you without adding excess calories. You need to train yourself - lettuce has virtually no flavor.
3. Pasta is okay, but stick to whole grain pasta...and limit the total consumption - it is VERY calorie dense.
4. As far as bread goes, you want to avoid breads as much as possible...if you MUST have it, get WHOLE GRAIN (NOT WHOLE WHEAT) Bread. Whole grain vs whole wheat is a world of difference. Whole wheat and white are virtually the same thing. However, WHOLE GRAIN bread is superior in every way. Look for the pepperidge farms whole grain oatmeal bread - amazing stuff.
5. A list of acceptable foods are below (remember to keep your calories around 2,000 per day...not 2,500)

Proteins:

Lean steak or beef (90/10 or leaner), pork (lean only), tuna or any fish, cheese (this includes cottage cheese) and protein shakes (try Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex)

Carbs:

Whole Grains (literally whole grains, not whole wheat), Brown Rice (if you don't like the flavor, add some olive oil and garlic to it...changes it entirely), Oatmeal, Cream of wheat, Sweet Potatoes, Green Veggies (all kinds)

Good Fats:

Avocados/Guacamole, Olive Oil, Fish, Nuts, Nut Butter, Flax, and Omega 3-6-9 supplements.

Food to AVOID!!!:

Anything "white" (white rice, white bread, white pasta, etc.), Sugary foods (cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, soda, etc), French Fries or any other deep fried food, Fast Food in general, and most canned soups.

You want to try and keep your sodium to around 2,000 mg per day or less (make sure to get as much potassium as you can), also make sure to eat at least 3-4 servings of green veggies per day. Also 2-3 servings of fresh fruits should be eaten every day. Make sure to drink at least 1 gal of water per day as well.

Keep your carbs as low as possible for cutting....when you can substitute more meat for less carbs, do it.
Retired Moderator
May 30 2011 08:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 30 2011 09:50pm)
Hey there...let me answer everything numerically to avoid confusion.

1. If you are allergic to poultry, steak or pork at chipotle would be fine.
2. If you hate lettuce, you really need to learn to start liking it. Green leafy veggies are very important for your long term health, as well as for fiber content, and the ability to fill you without adding excess calories. You need to train yourself - lettuce has virtually no flavor.
3. Pasta is okay, but stick to whole grain pasta...and limit the total consumption - it is VERY calorie dense.
4. As far as bread goes, you want to avoid breads as much as possible...if you MUST have it, get WHOLE GRAIN (NOT WHOLE WHEAT) Bread. Whole grain vs whole wheat is a world of difference. Whole wheat and white are virtually the same thing. However, WHOLE GRAIN bread is superior in every way. Look for the pepperidge farms whole grain oatmeal bread - amazing stuff.
5. A list of acceptable foods are below (remember to keep your calories around 2,000 per day...not 2,500)

Proteins:

Lean steak or beef (90/10 or leaner), pork (lean only), tuna or any fish, cheese (this includes cottage cheese) and protein shakes (try Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex)

Carbs:

Whole Grains (literally whole grains, not whole wheat), Brown Rice (if you don't like the flavor, add some olive oil and garlic to it...changes it entirely), Oatmeal, Cream of wheat, Sweet Potatoes, Green Veggies (all kinds)

Good Fats:

Avocados/Guacamole, Olive Oil, Fish, Nuts, Nut Butter, Flax, and Omega 3-6-9 supplements.

Food to AVOID!!!:

Anything "white" (white rice, white bread, white pasta, etc.), Sugary foods (cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, soda, etc), French Fries or any other deep fried food, Fast Food in general, and most canned soups.

You want to try and keep your sodium to around 2,000 mg per day or less (make sure to get as much potassium as you can), also make sure to eat at least 3-4 servings of green veggies per day. Also 2-3 servings of fresh fruits should be eaten every day. Make sure to drink at least 1 gal of water per day as well.

Keep your carbs as low as possible for cutting....when you can substitute more meat for less carbs, do it.

This is going to be a really epic challenge... wish me luck. Thank you sir, iso me to stop being a bum.
May 30 2011 08:57pm
Quote (Websters @ May 30 2011 09:42pm)
What is your opinion on this article as far as selenium binding to mercury neutralizing it?
http://www.mercuryfacts.org/fselenium.cfm

Hey there.

It is fairly well accepted in the medical and scientific communities that selenium does in fact deter most of the damage caused by over-consumption of mercury in food products (mostly fish).

However, the problem is getting ENOUGH digestible selenium in the proper form to bind to the mercury you are eating in the fish. The fish itself does not contain enough selenium to bind all available mercury and prevent absorption. If this was the case it would be literally impossible to detect exact amounts of pure mercury in the fish. When selenium and mercury bind, they are not naturally able to be separated.

Anyway, assuming you took a selenium supplement along with a can of tuna, would that help? Not necessarily. The rate at which selenium is digested (in the form of a pill, liquid, or liquid-gel) all will result in differing digestibility and absorption rates. The mercury is more likely to bypass some aspects of digestion and bind to fatty tissue in the body, such as the brain.

In other words, yes, selenium DOES help reduce the negative effects of mercury. However there can never be enough selenium to properly guarentee that the fish you are eating is 100% free of any mercury risk whatsoever. Also considering that mercury once it binds to anything, can not be naturally removed in a big problem once it enters your body. I would never risk something so severe as long-term Alzheimer's, various forms of cancer and brain disease, and other misc. health concerns for the dietary addition of large amounts of fish.
May 30 2011 08:58pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ May 30 2011 10:57pm)
This is going to be a really epic challenge... wish me luck. Thank you sir, iso me to stop being a bum.

Good luck my friend. Remember, we all start somewhere. I too used to hate healthier foods and always opted for the worst stuff imaginable. Then one day I said NO MORE.

Now I'm totally changed...I literally have different taste buds than before. I think of eating big macs and french fries and feel sick. I think of a plate of brown rice, black beans, and 3/4 of a pound of chicken and start drooling.

In time, it will all come together, hang in there and remember, MIND OVER MATTER.
Retired Moderator
May 30 2011 09:01pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 30 2011 09:58pm)
Good luck my friend. Remember, we all start somewhere. I too used to hate healthier foods and always opted for the worst stuff imaginable. Then one day I said NO MORE.

Now I'm totally changed...I literally have different taste buds than before. I think of eating big macs and french fries and feel sick. I think of a plate of brown rice, black beans, and 3/4 of a pound of chicken and start drooling.

In time, it will all come together, hang in there and remember, MIND OVER MATTER.

Oh sorry 1 more thing. What cereal is best to eat? My favorites - cinnamon toast crunch, frosted flakes, fruity pebbles.

is pepperidge farm 7 grain bread considered multigrain?

and is it fine to eat half of a watermelon in one sitting?

how good are bananas for me?

I also love granola bars like quaker chewy ones, fiber one, and milk n cereal bars.
i forgot to say that those are also foods i love.

This post was edited by AspenSniper on May 30 2011 09:05pm
Gold: 97.66
May 30 2011 09:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 30 2011 09:57pm)
Hey there.

It is fairly well accepted in the medical and scientific communities that selenium does in fact deter most of the damage caused by over-consumption of mercury in food products (mostly fish).

However, the problem is getting ENOUGH digestible selenium in the proper form to bind to the mercury you are eating in the fish. The fish itself does not contain enough selenium to bind all available mercury and prevent absorption. If this was the case it would be literally impossible to detect exact amounts of pure mercury in the fish. When selenium and mercury bind, they are not naturally able to be separated.

Anyway, assuming you took a selenium supplement along with a can of tuna, would that help? Not necessarily. The rate at which selenium is digested (in the form of a pill, liquid, or liquid-gel) all will result in differing digestibility and absorption rates. The mercury is more likely to bypass some aspects of digestion and bind to fatty tissue in the body, such as the brain.

In other words, yes, selenium DOES help reduce the negative effects of mercury. However there can never be enough selenium to properly guarentee that the fish you are eating is 100% free of any mercury risk whatsoever. Also considering that mercury once it binds to anything, can not be naturally removed in a big problem once it enters your body. I would never risk something so severe as long-term Alzheimer's, various forms of cancer and brain disease, and other misc. health concerns for the dietary addition of large amounts of fish.

hm, so what is the solution for som1 like me, who needs alot of protein and has like, no money

I live off of tuna =(
Gold: 37,507.25
May 30 2011 09:18pm
for the past 3-4 weeks ive been getting pins and needles in my arms ( mainly my hands) when i go to sleep. i wake up like 2-5 times during the night to try to get the blood flow back in my arms. i basically cant get into any possition without my arms losing circulation.

should i be worrying about this?

but in the past 3-4 weeks ive gotten my max bench from 160 to 176 ever since ive been maxing out every week, which seems to be working well... maybe its got to do with working out
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18528538548558562039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll