d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev183848586872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 263.00
Feb 16 2009 01:20pm
Quote (KickinWings @ Sat, Feb 14 2009, 09:04pm)
alright, since wrestling started, all my lifts have gone down (obviously, ive had to cut weight, no working out cuz nn for muscle mass) but i still want to run a bit to get my bf% down,, the only problem with this is that i dont want my lifts to suffer due to this, theres only a week left in wrestling so i only have a week to go before i can work out again, but at the same time, when its all over, i dont want my bf % to go back up from inactivity

in short:

how can i cut down all the fat
keep my lifts up
stay in better shape over all

after the summer is over i want (major goal) to get into the 1000 pound club at school, and i want to be in shape doing it, itl be hard with no muscle mass from cutting

(also, i have horrible forms with squat/deadlift, any way you could give me tips or something to help)

thanks

bumped
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2009 10:42pm
Hey there -

ok lets see..

The best method to this would involve the following:

Work out 5 times a week focusing on one major muscle group per day with secondary groups post-workout.

Example:

Chest + abs

Back + calves

Shoulders + forearms

Legs + calves

Arms (including forearms) + abs

In addition, you need to be eliminating carbohydrates after the 2nd meal of each day. that means you should limit yourself to no more than 60-70g of complex carbs per day split between your first two meals. After that...NO MORE CARBS...just lots of protein and fat.

Good eating example:

Meal 1 - Oatmeal + 3 eggs

Meal 2 - Tuna Salad on whole wheat bread

Meal 3 - steak and veggies (cooked in olive oil)

meal 4 - chicken and veggies (cooked in olive oil)

meal 5 - protein shake with heavy cream (good for additional fats)

meal 6 - cottage cheese with mixed nuts.

NO SUGAR!!! Drink ice water only!

In addition, if you start to feel that you are losing muscle mass along with fat...just bolster your protein and fat intake...you can also remove the 2nd meal of carbs...and make your total carbs hover at 30g per day. Once every week you will have a carb day that will look like this:

Meal 1 - Oatmeal and Toast with Peanut Butter + 2 eggs

Meal 2- Whole Grain Pasta and Meat Sauce

Meal 3 - Chicken/Turkey Sub

Meal 4 - Protein shake with 2 pieces of fruit (post workout)

Meal 5 - Brown Rice, Black beans, Chicken

Meal 6 - Peanut Butter + Jelly Sandwich w/ milk

THIS IS ONLY DONE ONCE PER WEEK! This will help reset your metabolism which will be deprived of glycogen from the 30g of carbs per day (MAX).

In addition to your 2 hours of lifting each day...try to get your lifts moving faster (only 60 seconds rest between sets...no more) and also try 20-30 mins of cardio after each workout.

With all this, you will stand to lose about 2lbs of pure fat per week and maintain 95% of your muscle mass (minimum).

Don't forget to take BCAA's throughout the day, as well as creatine and multivitamins.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 16 2009 10:56pm
I just want you to look over my diet/lifting routine and check it out. My goals are to just be in overall better shape and have some muscle mass. I already have the muscle, but gained fat along with my bulk that I want to cut off while continuing to put on lean mass slowly.
20 yr/old
5'8.5''
183 lbs

Meal 1- whey with water
cardio
Meal 2 - oatmeal, orange, milk, multivitamin
Meal 3 - usually a ham/turkey/lettuce sub
Meal 4 - meat with potatoes mostly
creatine/dextrose
weight lift
Meal 5 - whey with water/dextrose/creatine
Meal 6 - chicken breast and milk

My lifting routine is as follows:
Day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Legs/forearms/abs
Day 3 - rest
Day 4 - Back/Biceps
Day 5 - Shoulders/triceps/abs
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Restart from day 1

I do cardio 6 days/week for about 25min with very high intensity with protein/bcaas in my system to stop catabolism. I'm just wondering if I will still make some strength and muscle gains while cutting off some excess body fat in the process.
Feb 17 2009 12:52am
Quote (:Thanatos: @ Tue, Feb 17 2009, 12:56am)
I just want you to look over my diet/lifting routine and check it out.  My goals are to just be in overall better shape and have some muscle mass.  I already have the muscle, but gained fat along with my bulk that I want to cut off while continuing to put on lean mass slowly.
20 yr/old
5'8.5''
183 lbs

Meal 1- whey with water
cardio
Meal 2 - oatmeal, orange, milk, multivitamin
Meal 3 - usually a ham/turkey/lettuce sub
Meal 4 - meat with potatoes mostly
creatine/dextrose
weight lift
Meal 5 - whey with water/dextrose/creatine
Meal 6 - chicken breast and milk

My lifting routine is as follows:
Day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Legs/forearms/abs
Day 3 - rest
Day 4 - Back/Biceps
Day 5 - Shoulders/triceps/abs
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Restart from day 1

I do cardio 6 days/week for about 25min with very high intensity with protein/bcaas in my system to stop catabolism.  I'm just wondering if I will still make some strength and muscle gains while cutting off some excess body fat in the process.

hey there.

Well first off, if you are trying for a solid cutting cycle...you are going to have to change a few things.

First off, substitute BCAA's instead of protein BEFORE morning fasting cardio (also add caffeine prior to this).

Once cardio in the AM is completed...then take more BCAA's...wait about 10 minutes, and have a shake with some form of complex carb (avoid fruit at this point)

Meal 2 is fine...but should have more protein/fat.

Now heres the kicker - after meal 2 ...you need to completely eliminate carbs all together. Constantly pop BCAA's throughout the day (between meals and during exercise) - but NO MORE CARBS.

It is now that you are going to load up on tons of protein and fat....that means you can eat a greasy burger with no bun....or a steak with butter on top...it doesn't really matter...as long as you are not getting any trans fats...and your protein/fat ratio is about 70/30 protein to fat (in grams). Continue to eat every 2-3 hours.

Pre-bedtime food should be changed to cottage cheese with mixed nuts...the ultimate pre-bedtime food....runner up is a good casein protein shake with some heavy cream.

the lifting routine is fine for now...but as time goes on, you should stick to 1 major group per day...vs the split. However, for cutting, a split is just fine.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2009 01:07am
Thanks for the advice, I'll put a BCAA into my next order and try this out.
Gold: 14,120.31
Feb 17 2009 02:16pm
im a mixed martial artist totally maxed out @ 4.8% body fat needing more functional strength in my back and legs for sombo/bjj

assuming im on a very strict and obedient meal plan, what is the best protein supplement bar/drink that doesnt either come with 5x too much protein or 5x too much calories/carbs
Feb 17 2009 06:15pm
Quote (TheKRatosisKilliniT @ Tue, Feb 17 2009, 04:16pm)
im a mixed martial artist totally maxed out @ 4.8% body fat needing more functional strength in my back and legs for sombo/bjj

assuming im on a very strict and obedient meal plan, what is the best protein supplement bar/drink that doesnt either come with 5x too much protein or 5x too much calories/carbs

For pre/post workout and morning protein try either of these:

Optimum 100% Whey Isolate

or NOW! 100% Whey Isolate

For bedtime protein, try Optimum 100% Casein Protein

Flavor your shakes with 100% pure unsweetened coco and/or heavy cream and cinnamon.

Bars suck for cutting....there is no good bar for cutting on the market....zero impact bars come close....but they still have 30g carbs per bar...regardless of the glycemic impact.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Feb 17 2009 07:58pm
Can you recommend some books about nutrition?
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Feb 17 2009 09:08pm
odd question: are there things that i could do to make my veins bigger, superior, or more effective at what they do?

(not refering to a "pump" or whatever, but actually physically causing my veins to change and improve)
Gold: 263.00
Feb 17 2009 09:21pm
Quote (Peachie @ Tue, Feb 17 2009, 10:08pm)
odd question: are there things that i could do to make my veins bigger, superior, or more effective at what they do?

(not refering to a "pump" or whatever, but actually physically causing my veins to change and improve)

also wondering this if hes talking about making your veins more visible in other words, more definite
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev183848586872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll