d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18368378388398402039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.04
May 18 2011 01:12am
I'm alittle embarrassed about all this but i need to change! - any help from anybody would be appreciated - here is my little story -

I tryed to join the army and they basically told me I was too big, which in return gave me alot of facts about my self and Ive realized something needs to change! I am currently 5'7 @ 242 lbs ( 37% body fat)

I don't have the resources to goto a gym or do protein shakes, Or at least not at the moment! ( I'm searching for a job :\ )

Ever sense they told me I was too big, I've cut back on food, and started to drink more water, but then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.
I've never gone to the gym, and I've never actually excerised.

So my question is... Where do I start? I am clueless in all of this and I'm tired of always being tired from being over weight. I've got the motivation but I dont have the facts.... any suggestions, or even websites would help!

I appericate you taking your time to help me!

thanks
Gold: 31.01
May 18 2011 01:14am
Quote (uprising @ May 18 2011 02:12am)
I'm alittle embarrassed about all this but i need to change! - any help from anybody would be appreciated - here is my little story -

I tryed to join the army and they basically told me I was too big, which in return gave me alot of facts about my self and Ive realized something needs to change! I am currently 5'7 @ 242 lbs ( 37% body fat)

I don't have the resources to goto a gym or do protein shakes, Or at least not at the moment! ( I'm searching for a job :\ )

Ever sense they told me I was too big, I've cut back on food, and started to drink more water, but then I realized I have no idea what I'm doing.

So my question is... Where do I start? I am clueless in all of this and I'm tired of always being tired from being over weight. I've got the motivation but I dont have the facts.... any suggestions, or even websites would help!

thanks

you came to the right place, raynor is heavily knowledged in many things
Gold: 4.99
May 18 2011 02:11am
soz i got some pre bagged salad iceberg i think, upsets my stomach teh fuck?

and broccoli but i figured if i cooked it then it would be fine, coz was eating raw
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 18 2011 03:36am
Quote (Eshay @ May 18 2011 01:16am)
im 5'10 and i way 145 lb (65 kg) i think as you can tell im pretty skinny about 7-10 kgs underweight i wanna put on some weight but i dont wanna be flab , my upper body is skinnier then my lower body only because i do muay thai (kickboxing) and played soccer for 11 years im 19 and i wanna put on some weight but i wanna keep some kind of ripness and less body fat but i know u cant have one or the other so what do you suggest how long would it take to put on them kilos so they stay etc

You can expect about 1-2 lbs per week of good clean mass if you do this properly. That will last about 4 weeks. After that it will go much slower and you can expect only about 1-2 lbs a month.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335896241
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide
May 18 2011 03:38am
Quote (uprising @ May 18 2011 03:12am)

thanks

Hey there.

I would be glad to help you.

Please read up on these, they will serve as your foundation to losing body fat and building some basic strength. If you follow these to the "T" you will be at peak fitness in no time!

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335587138
Fat loss 15 tips

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=359274061
sample cutting diet (non-keto) 2,000 cals
May 18 2011 03:39am
Quote (ReZZ_KING @ May 18 2011 04:11am)
soz i got some pre bagged salad iceberg i think, upsets my stomach teh fuck?

and broccoli but i figured if i cooked it then it would be fine, coz was eating raw

Possible that the fiber is bothering you...try to eat it steamed and see if that helps you out.

Quote (Osirislives @ May 18 2011 03:14am)
you came to the right place, raynor is heavily knowledged in many things

thanks for the nice words =)
Gold: 18,204.00
May 18 2011 12:22pm
Hey Raynor,

Is there any method to the madness of bulking? Not lean bulking. Like eating 1000+ Surplus calories every day. So many people seem to be doing this and I don't see the point? Wouldn't you make the same gains as if you were lean bulking with 300+ calorie surplus and avoid fat?

Obviously, there must be some method to the madness here or everyone wouldn't be pounding so many damn calories. I don't understand lol.
May 18 2011 12:44pm
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ May 18 2011 02:22pm)
Hey Raynor,

Is there any method to the madness of bulking?  Not lean bulking.  Like eating 1000+ Surplus calories every day.  So many people seem to be doing this and I don't see the point?  Wouldn't you make the same gains as if you were lean bulking with 300+ calorie surplus and avoid fat? 

Obviously, there must be some method to the madness here or everyone wouldn't be pounding so many damn calories.  I don't understand lol.

there is more to it than just numbers.

Here are the factors...

1. If you are a hardgainer (very hard to gain mass) you require aggressive feeding techniques to properly fuel your body. Sometimes 1,000 cal surplus is on the low side, and 2,000 cals surplus is more like it for people like this. They will not get fat from this, as it is their only option to gain size.

2. If you are training 3+ hrs a day and are burning over 1,000 calories a day, you will need to be taking in at least 1,500 cals surplus to see some reasonable size gains. When I say surplus I am referring to surplus over basal metabolism.

3. If you simply "don't care" about your appearance and want to just convey the superficial image of being "BIG" not necessarily lean/cut/shredded, but just overall big and smooth, eating this way accelerates things. Some people prefer this look.

4. The more calories you eat, generally the more energy, less hunger, and overall feeling of happiness and satisfaction - some people do this as more of a comforting tool rather than anything having to do with the actual size/muscle gains.

So if you are NOT a hardgainer, not doing OUTRAGEOUS levels of exercise every day, and actually care about your physique.... taking in over 1,000 cals true surplus per day is not advised.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 18 2011 03:31pm
YO RAY MA NIGGA RAY ,l ol uhm

is it ok to eat 2 scoop of oatmeal + 1 scoop of whey for breakfast, and then as my second only carb meal the same thing ? also is it ok to use boiled water on the oatmeal + whey ? or does that fuck up the protein powder??

something like ,

2 scoop oatmeal,1 scoop protein powder
2 scoop oatmeal,1 scoop protein powder
tuna salad with veggies
salmon with veggies
protein shake
banana + spinich smoothie before bed

does that look ok ? cutting is the goal (losing weight what ever)
Gold: 16,910.00
May 18 2011 10:06pm
Hey Raynor,

Need more help.

First Question-

So I have been lifting a while (years) and my abs never seem to get/feel stronger.

Sick of it. I don't give a shit or could care anything about being ripped or having a 6 pack. I just want my core to progress with my other muscles.

I workout 4 days a week with cardio and on top I do my own cardio in the morning for about 20 minutes before breakfast. (About 4-5 days a week)

Plus I play tennis with my friends here and there. I do have fat on my stomach but I just don't feel my abs are progressing properly.

Today was a usual workout and we did the below.

3x4 is our current set up for all muscles.

Weighted Ab Machine (The one where you pull down and legs pull up a bit.)
Mason Twists with a weight
Leg Raises (Laying flat and lifting legs over and over as high as you can.)

That is usual for us.

2nd Question-

If I have fat on my core but I work it out do my abs just build below the fat?

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18368378388398402039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll