d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18338348358368372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.98
May 16 2011 03:53am
First thing id like too say is, GREAT THREAD!! I often read through it and get little tips and advice for myself. Realy helpfull and usefull thread thanks.
The reason why im posting is well simply because i need advice.. Im training too be an advanced personal trainer and ive been training down the gym for about 6-7 months now ( im only 18 ) and ive lost alot of weight and put on/ toned my muscles.. But ive recently came off my protein shakes i was on 3 a day i felt fight then i tried one called no explode and a couple days after takein it i started too feel sick before and in the gym so i straight away cut it out and also cut out the other 2 protein shakes as i ran abit short on cash ha.. But 2 months on everytime i get up too go gym i feel soo sick.. I dont know whats going on and its realy effecting my training and tbh my revision for my future job in the fitness industry..
What i have for breakfast most days is cerial weetabix with abit of sugar and then after id have a bannana.. Or sumtyms a piece of toast and then a bannana.. So maybe somthing too do with that? Im gonna try change it around tommorow too scrammbled eggs and see if i still feel the same but id realy appreciate some help/advice if there is somthing wrong!
Thanks for hopefully takin ur time and reading this would realy be appreciated.
Luke.
Gold: 69.51
May 16 2011 11:48am
Hi there, just had two random questions about breakfast food..

Firstly I was curious as to why eating 5+ eggs every morning doesn't SKYROCKET one's cholesterol levels? I remember making a question thread about it in H&F forums awhile ago and people told me just not to worry about it and stuff them down anyway. My mom has high cholesterol (hereditary) and one of the things her doctor advised her was to avoid eating eggs too often. Just curious!

And secondly, I'm not sure if you would have an answer for this but I was also wondering if maybe you had any idea if MICROWAVING oatmeal, flaxseed, or wheat germ took away any of their nutritional values? I mix them together and eat the concoction with my eggs every morning and recently, since I regained access to a microwave, I've found it much easier and enjoyable to eat them warmed up (in the microwave I mean; as opposed to just cold). Was curious if you've heard of this taking away any of their nutritional values!

Thanks a lot!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
May 16 2011 11:55am
Hi Raynor, I read that full squats damage your knees and that parallel squats are ideal, and vice-versa. I don't know what to think. Can you give me your 2 cents?

This post was edited by Edyrem on May 16 2011 11:55am
Gold: 400.00
May 16 2011 12:37pm
Hi there Raynor,

I was wondering since i work shifts 12hour days/nights 6:30 to 6:30 (2 days 2 nights then 4 days off) when im on nights i was wondering will it make much difference to my diet/exersize routine if i have the meals when im on nights E.G -- breakfast when i get up @ 12:00-1:00ish, Lunch @ 5pm, Dinner @ say 10-11pm with the snacks/small meals inbetween?

And also when i work days and finish @ 6:30pm i go home have my Dinner then go the gym about 8pm when my dinner is settled, i have a protein shake before and after but should i have anything when i get home around 9:30-10:00pm other than the cottage cheese before bed? Does it matter what time i go to the gym aslong as i go i tend to go 6-7 days a week...

Thanks again by the way, your advice is really appreciated and helping me alot.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 16 2011 12:53pm
Quote (Del_Boyy @ May 16 2011 05:53am)
First thing id like too say is, GREAT THREAD!! I often read through it and get little tips and advice for myself. Realy helpfull and usefull thread thanks.
The reason why im posting  is well simply because i need advice.. Im training too be an advanced personal trainer and ive been training down the gym for about 6-7 months now ( im only 18 ) and ive lost alot of weight and put on/ toned my muscles.. But ive recently came off my protein shakes i was on 3 a day i felt fight then i tried one called no explode and a couple days after takein it i started too feel sick before and in the gym so i straight away cut it out and also cut out the other 2 protein shakes as i ran abit short on cash ha.. But 2 months on everytime i get up too go gym i feel soo sick.. I dont know whats going on and its realy effecting my training and tbh my revision for my future job in the fitness industry..
What i have for breakfast most days is cerial weetabix with abit of sugar and then after id have a bannana.. Or sumtyms a piece of toast and then a bannana.. So maybe somthing too do with that? Im gonna try change it around tommorow too scrammbled eggs and see if i still feel the same but id realy appreciate some help/advice if there is somthing wrong!
Thanks for hopefully takin ur time and reading this would realy be appreciated.
Luke.

hey there,

well theres a few things you need to start changing, I'll put them in a list below for easy reading:

1. NO Explode is not a protein shake - it has 0g protein. It is mostly caffeine, arginine, creatine, magnesium, and artificial flavors/sweeteners/colors. I NEVER recommend anyone take that garbage. Avoid it.

2. You need a more complete and balanced diet. Please see this for more info:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335896241
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide

3. You also might need to switch protein shake brands/types. I recommend Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex (natural) or NOW! 100% whey isolate. You can add peanut butter and fruit to both of those shakes for a more complete nutritional spectrum.

hope this all helps - remember to read that bulking diet guide and follow along with it.
May 16 2011 12:56pm
Quote (faze @ May 16 2011 01:48pm)

Firstly I was curious as to why eating 5+ eggs every morning doesn't SKYROCKET one's cholesterol levels? I remember making a question thread about it in H&F forums awhile ago and people told me just not to worry about it and stuff them down anyway. My mom has high cholesterol (hereditary) and one of the things her doctor advised her was to avoid eating eggs too often. Just curious!

And secondly, I'm not sure if you would have an answer for this but I was also wondering if maybe you had any idea if MICROWAVING oatmeal, flaxseed, or wheat germ took away any of their nutritional values? I mix them together and eat the concoction with my eggs every morning and recently, since I regained access to a microwave, I've found it much easier and enjoyable to eat them warmed up (in the microwave I mean; as opposed to just cold). Was curious if you've heard of this taking away any of their nutritional values!

Thanks a lot!

Here is the info about cholesterol, I am c&p from 2 pages ago when I answered this exact question to someone else:

Eating foods high in cholesterol does NOT raise your cholesterol levels. This is a COMMON misconception accelerated by the FDA.

Consuming cholesterol does NOT increase your blood cholesterol levels. This old way of thinking has been proven false time and time again. It needs to be stricken from the medical community once and for all.

The way your blood-cholesterol levels increase have to do with several things, first of all, a diet with increased saturated and trans fats, with not enough poly/mono unsaturated fats, and MCT's to balance it out and also clean the bloodstream will result in high cholesterol levels.

To break it down, it's like this...

When you take in too much saturated fat, or trans fat, your body detects the foreign fat particles in your blood stream as invaders. The body then sends white blood cells to the site in order to destroy the presumed virus/bacteria/etc. But instead it's a trap, the white blood cells get stuck in the saturated or trans fat slime, and as a result begin to congeal. The white blood cells eventually "eat" the LDL (bad) cholesterol and convert them into a toxic oxidized form which raises blood cholesterol levels. In addition, the congealed and stuck white blood cells can result is an occluded vessel which can break off and cause a multitude of health conditions.

Here are the facts you need to know about how to maintain a proper cholesterol level (the REAL way)

1. Eat a diet RICH in good fats such as Olive Oil (truly the food of the gods), canola oil, avocados/guacamole, fish, fish oil, flax, flax seed oil, coconut oil, eggs, nuts, beans, and seeds.
2. Make sure to get a 2:1 ratio (MINIMUM) of Poly/Mono UNSATURATED fats to saturated fats (that means if you take 75g fat per day, 50g must be unsat minimum and 25g can be sat maximum).
3. Avoid trans fats at all cost!!
4. Take NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 with every food meal (not with shakes) - so 2g 3x per day for a total of 6g super omega 3-6-9 each day for optimal benefits.
5. Exercise regularly and drink plenty of water (at least 1-1.5 gal per day)
May 16 2011 12:57pm
Quote (faze @ May 16 2011 01:48pm)

Thanks a lot!

Secondly about your microwave, yes it is safe to reheat your food in a microwave - technically it would be preferred to use an oven, but the microwave doesn't strip any nutrients that science has proven yet.
May 16 2011 12:59pm
Quote (Edyrem @ May 16 2011 01:55pm)
Hi Raynor, I read that full squats damage your knees and that parallel squats are ideal, and vice-versa. I don't know what to think. Can you give me your 2 cents?

yes and no.

I believe in ATG (ass to grass) squats...with knee wraps. They work the full spectrum of the legs, glutes, and hips way more than parallel squats. However they are more damaging to the knees.

Although if performed properly (low reps, high weight, good form, knee wraps, and only once a week) the ATG are much more efficient.

Although parallel squats are great for quads and a little bit of the hams/glutes, they fail to hit the full spectrum as much as the ATG.

so overall if your goal is just for pure squat form, weight, and strength, parallel is fine.

for total sculpting, the ATG are better.
May 16 2011 01:16pm
Quote (StuOwen86 @ May 16 2011 02:37pm)
Hi there Raynor,

I was wondering since i work shifts 12hour days/nights 6:30 to 6:30 (2 days 2 nights then 4 days off) when im on nights i was wondering will it make much difference to my diet/exersize routine if i have the meals when im on nights E.G -- breakfast when i get up @ 12:00-1:00ish, Lunch @ 5pm, Dinner @ say 10-11pm with the snacks/small meals inbetween?

And also when i work days and finish @ 6:30pm i go home have my Dinner then go the gym about 8pm when my dinner is settled, i have a protein shake before and after but should i have anything when i get home around 9:30-10:00pm other than the cottage cheese before bed? Does it matter what time i go to the gym aslong as i go i tend to go 6-7 days a week...

Thanks again by the way, your advice is really appreciated and helping me alot.

Hey there.

No the meals at those times won't matter...the body doesn't recognize time as much as some people think. It's really all about the times of the day when you are AWAKE, not just the times in general. The body makes use of the nutrition you give it based on what the body is doing. Example, if you just finished a heavy workout at 6pm, your largest meal should be around 7pm. However if you were planning on going to bed at 8pm, and worked out at 1pm....eating the heaviest meal at 7pm would be unwise.

So basically yes, you can continue your method of eating at those times without any problem.

The time you go to the gym does NOT matter...only go 6 days a week though, never do 7. You need at least one full day to relax and recover.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
May 16 2011 01:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 16 2011 09:59pm)
yes and no.

I believe in ATG (ass to grass) squats...with knee wraps. They work the full spectrum of the legs, glutes, and hips way more than parallel squats. However they are more damaging to the knees.

Although if performed properly (low reps, high weight, good form, knee wraps, and only once a week) the ATG are much more efficient.

Although parallel squats are great for quads and a little bit of the hams/glutes, they fail to hit the full spectrum as much as the ATG.

so overall if your goal is just for pure squat form, weight, and strength, parallel is fine.

for total sculpting, the ATG are better.

Thanks for the info, mate. :)
So if I'm understanding correctly:
Parallel = not the full work out that squats are popular for, but safer for your knees.
ATG = the full potential of squats unleashed, but you'll get knee problems if you aren't careful.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18338348358368372039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll