d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18308318328338342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 14 2011 11:45am
Quote (xVanished @ May 14 2011 01:34pm)
Ok. I'll see what I can do about force feeding myself. I was thinking I had to anyway, so I shall do that.
About the vitamins thing. I hardly ever have a breakfast, especially recently so I am taking the vitamins on an empty stomach as of late. Which might be the cause for my problem.
And I live in Canada, so I am never worried/holding back from attending my doctor. ;)

NEVER take vitamins on an empty stomach....also you need to START eating breakfast.....remember 6 small meals per day.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2011 11:56am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 14 May 2011 13:45)
NEVER take vitamins on an empty stomach....also you need to START eating breakfast.....remember 6 small meals per day.

Breakfast usually tends to make me feel sick. However, now that I think of it. It was probably the vitamins I was having before I actually ate my breakfast that was making me sick making me think it was the breakfast.
Ahhh it's all making sense now haha.
Thanks Raynor lol. <3
Gold: 1,310.23
May 14 2011 12:16pm
alrighty raynor

So today is 4 weeks out...

Now i want to reach my desired leaness 1 week before the comp (3wks) right?

there will be NO FAT LOSS during "peak weak?" since the constant carb/filling out?

Also, I was thinking about doing a 180/180/45 (p/c/f) split on the 2 week out mark

Reasoning: Help prepair my body for the carbs during the last week, im not sure if a week would b enough time, and if i took in 185c a day (which tech isnt a lot but deff not keto) I would kinda start filling out...

and then the increase of protein in case i need to double my cardio that week for extra fat loss...

Thoughts?
Gold: 900.00
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2011 01:37pm
I went to my mothers house yesterday, for a late mothers day surprise. (She hasn't seen me since I started my keto / workout regiment. She actually didnt know I started it.) And she told me i looked alot different. And I told her about the keto diet, and she is really interested in it. She has type 2 diabetes, I told her that it reduces the effects of diabetes and she wants to start on it. If you could set up a diet for her that would be awesome. Not sure she wants to do much weightlifting. She walks and stuff tho.

Stats:

5 Foot
140 lbs
53 yrs old
Gold: 75.00
May 14 2011 03:39pm
Hey raynor, I think I sprained my ankle today while walking downstairs. It looks like its all swollen (as shown in the pic). It feels like a dull throbbing pain but I can still walk, with a little limp. Is this serious enough for me to consider going to a doctor? Or will it heal by itself?

Also, how long will this take to heal?

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on May 14 2011 03:55pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 14 2011 06:20pm
Quote (TheOak @ May 14 2011 02:16pm)
alrighty raynor

So today is 4 weeks out...

Now i want to reach my desired leaness 1 week before the comp (3wks) right?

there will be NO FAT LOSS during "peak weak?" since the constant carb/filling out?

Also, I was thinking about doing a 180/180/45  (p/c/f) split on the 2 week out mark

Reasoning:  Help prepair my body for the carbs during the last week, im not sure if a week would b enough time, and if i took in 185c a day (which tech isnt a lot but deff not keto)  I would kinda start filling out...

and then the increase of protein in case i need to double my cardio that week for extra fat loss...

Thoughts?

Hey there..

yes you want to hit full leanness by the 1 week out mark.

on peak week there is NO more leaning, instead its a FULLING process with lots of carbs at the right times.

As far as fullness goes from carbs (185g worth) 2 weeks out, it all depends on your body. If you are carb sensitive like me? no carbs until the week of the comp. If you tend to be lean and tolerate carbs well, you can begin 2 weeks out...but this is typically very rare. I would listen to your body. Maybe start 10 days out to split the difference.
Gold: 70,000.00
May 14 2011 07:32pm
Harro
I've been in the army for coming on 2 years and my physique has been on a decline. I want to get back into working out but really all I've ever done is pushups/situps/run. I've seen a few videos where guys work out 365 days and I'd like to form my lifestyle to that to achieve a similar goal with my current body. One big problem I have is my diet, I'm used to being able to eat whatever and it not affecting me, however that seems to be slowing down.
5"11'
161 lbs
20 years old
Not really sure what else to put, thanks for any help/ideas
Gold: 97.66
May 14 2011 07:43pm
Hey raynor, Which supplements do you think are NEEDED?

I use Whey and multivitamin (shit walmart multivit, donno if it matter tho)
thats it

my whey just ran out and i was gonna shop for some more, so thats why im bringing up all this other stuff, cuz i might buy other stuff for once.
what whey should i get that has no artificial flavors in it? U said "now" before didnt you?

Is glutamine needed? if so, what does it do?
Glucosamine?
is fish oil needed? I get alot of fish in my diet ALOT and i eat eggs too, do i need this?
wat exactly are bcaas? i thought those were already in whey

cant think of anything else atm, but im sure theres more that im "supposed" to have

Is it just a money grab by them?

or are these things really needed?

This post was edited by KramerFtw on May 14 2011 07:49pm
Gold: 1,310.23
May 14 2011 08:26pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 14 2011 07:20pm)
Hey there..

yes you want to hit full leanness by the 1 week out mark.

on peak week there is NO more leaning, instead its a FULLING process with lots of carbs at the right times.

As far as fullness goes from carbs (185g worth) 2 weeks out, it all depends on your body. If you are carb sensitive like me? no carbs until the week of the comp. If you tend to be lean and tolerate carbs well, you can begin 2 weeks out...but this is typically very rare. I would listen to your body. Maybe start 10 days out to split the difference.

alright thanks

What I'll do is go by how I look by that time, i'll make a decision on if its more important getting that extra fat loss or start filling. (Im pretty sure I am NOT carb sensitive)

Also, How shld my last week workout/cardio go? If im planning on filling out then should I b cutting the cardio down?

If you could whip up a few pointers about peak weak that would b fantastic!

(i.e.)
- distilled water
- Last heavy leg day shld b on monday?
- dont lift after thursday
- stop cardio...when?
- dont pump up triceps/legs on contest day (as it makes them hard to flex)
- How close to going on stage do I eat my simple sugar?
- How long do I pump up for, and when do I start.

These are jst somethings I can think of, you dont have to spend an awful amount of time on the response, really jst looking to get your P.O.V. on some basics.

Thanks again friend.

This post was edited by TheOak on May 14 2011 08:26pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18308318328338342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll