d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18228238248258262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,061.00
May 9 2011 05:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2011 04:12pm)
HIIT cardio is high intensity interval training is basically, walk for 2 minutes, jog for 2 minutes, sprint for 20-30 seconds, then walk for another 2 minutes, jog for another 2 minutes, and sprint for another 20-30 seconds, and keep repeating the process. This keeps your heart rate in the target zone and burns the most fat.

If you can't do cardio in the morning, taking the pills with about 20 oz water OR drinking two cups of black coffee instead of the pills upon waking up is good also - just don't eat until 30-45 mins later.

Yes, I would avoid OJ with breakfast...sorry! However, you can have ONE whole orange - more fiber and less sugar that way.

I would advise to jump on something like NOW! 100% whey isolate or Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex (not the gainer) - these are much "cleaner" forms of protein than muscle milk.

So, can the whey products also become 2 of my 6 meals instead of muscle milk or should I drink the whey after workout in addition to the 2 muscle milks per day?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2011 08:39pm
Quote (FarticusUD @ May 9 2011 05:27pm)
I need to buy a rope, what kind of rope would you recommend? How long should it be? 5 meters? 10 meters? Thanks.

I gotta say this is one of those areas that really depends a lot on personal preference. if you have a sporting goods store nearby, try out a few of their ropes before buying them. Find the one that is the right length and design for you and go with that. There is no particular brand/size/design I would recommend for everyone - it really depends on your body mechanics.
May 9 2011 08:40pm
Quote (Celebrity @ May 9 2011 07:17pm)
So, can the whey products also become 2 of my 6 meals instead of muscle milk or should I drink the whey after workout in addition to the 2 muscle milks per day?

The whey shake would become ONE of the 6 meals per day, you can have a muscle milk as another one of the meals. But try to keep it to 1 muscle milk and 1 isolate shake per day.
Gold: 1,310.23
May 9 2011 09:26pm
Hey Raynor, I kno on the bottle of GAT jet fuel says not to take within 5hrs before bed.

Assuming this is only because it may cause ppl from being able to go to sleep.

Now my question is, if i kno i will b able to go to sleep, would it be beneficial or even "ok" for me to take 2 caps an hour b4 bed?

are there any negative effects from doing this?

This post was edited by TheOak on May 9 2011 09:29pm
May 9 2011 10:33pm
Quote (TheOak @ May 9 2011 11:26pm)
Hey Raynor, I kno on the bottle of GAT jet fuel says not to take within 5hrs before bed.

Assuming this is only because it may cause ppl from being able to go to sleep.

Now my question is, if i kno i will b able to go to sleep, would it be beneficial or even "ok" for me to take 2 caps an hour b4 bed?

are there any negative effects from doing this?

This is actually a great question.

I would avoid this because keeping your functioning that high during sleep will take away from the REM rest cycle and potentially leave you feeling more tired the next day. Sleep time is sleep time - I recommend melatonin, l-dopa, GABA, BCAA's, Arginine+Ornithine, and ZMA before bed for optimal growth and recovery.
Gold: 16,910.00
May 9 2011 11:44pm
Hey Raynor,

Going to be cutting based on your information and was wondering....

I currently take-

Protein (Whey and Casein)
Fish Oil
Vitamin C

Will be adding in GAT Jet Fuel and I have some BCAA and Beta Alanine left from a while ago, would the BCAA and Beta A help me for cutting purposes/should they be taken with what I am currently on and if I should take them, how much of each should I take (there both powder). Lastly, how many fish oil should I take per day? (I don't eat any fish).

This post was edited by Miniflight on May 9 2011 11:44pm
Gold: 0.00
May 10 2011 12:15am
hey i'm trying to get back into shape.

i do work at a sports facility that has a fully equipped gym so i get a free membership with access to a track and weights and machines and everything.

BUT. i would prefer to keep it mostly body weight exercises except for key ones that might NEED that kind of stuff i also prefer to run outside. i'm not looking to become a body builder just to
get back into shape and lose the quarter inch that hangs over my swim trunks, look good for the summer kind of stuff.

i you could let me know some specific exercise i could start doing on a daily or almost daily basis i would really appreciate it.

also if possible some snacks that will help. i mostly snack and dont usually eat big meals, i don't' want to be counting calories and stuff like that i just want to eat when i'm hungry (i am not prone to overeating or being obese or anything like that). i do eat whenever i want now but the choices are not good ones, i'd prefer to lower cholesterol and stuff like that.

also i love basketball i duno if that can be incorporated or anything

This post was edited by 159357 on May 10 2011 12:23am
Gold: 1,310.23
May 10 2011 06:04am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2011 11:33pm)
This is actually a great question.

I would avoid this because keeping your functioning that high during sleep will take away from the REM rest cycle and potentially leave you feeling more tired the next day. Sleep time is sleep time - I recommend melatonin, l-dopa, GABA, BCAA's, Arginine+Ornithine, and ZMA before bed for optimal growth and recovery.

makes sense, thanks bud.

Another thing is, what "ideal" for how many times someone should go to the bathroom (#2).

Because I started paying attention to it and It seems I only go ever 3rd day!!! (Where most ppl say once a day)

Sorry if this is too personal :P but this is what last week looked like

Sunday - carb up
Monday - Bathroom
tue- nope
wed- nope
thur - Bathroom
fri - nope
sat - nope
Sun - Carb up + Bathroom
Mond - nope

Now I dont ever "try" and cant go, its just I never NEED to until that 3rd day...

I eat a 1/2 - 1whole can of green beans a day except on the day after carb ups

On carb ups I eat plenty of whole grain / fiber meals...

I even sometimes drink coffee (which i heard "flushes" you out)

normal? shld i fix this? how?

Thanks Raynor, and sorry lol
Gold: 97.66
May 10 2011 08:27am
Quote (TheOak @ May 10 2011 07:04am)
makes sense, thanks bud.

Another thing is, what "ideal" for how many times someone should go to the bathroom (#2).

Because I started paying attention to it and It seems I only go ever 3rd day!!! (Where most ppl say once a day)

Sorry if this is too personal :P but this is what last week looked like

Sunday - carb up
Monday - Bathroom
tue- nope
wed- nope
thur - Bathroom
fri - nope
sat - nope
Sun - Carb up + Bathroom
Mond - nope

Now I dont ever "try" and cant go, its just I never NEED to until that 3rd day...

I eat a 1/2 - 1whole  can of green beans a day except on the day after carb ups

On carb ups I eat plenty of whole grain / fiber meals...

I even sometimes drink coffee (which i heard "flushes" you out)

normal? shld i fix this? how?

Thanks Raynor, and sorry lol

Raynors disGUSTED with you.
May 10 2011 11:48am
Quote (Miniflight @ May 10 2011 01:44am)
Hey Raynor,

Going to be cutting based on your information and was wondering....

I currently take-

Protein (Whey and Casein)
Fish Oil
Vitamin C

Will be adding in GAT Jet Fuel and I have some BCAA and Beta Alanine left from a while ago, would the BCAA and Beta A help me for cutting purposes/should they be taken with what I am currently on and if I should take them, how much of each should I take (there both powder). Lastly, how many fish oil should I take per day? (I don't eat any fish).

Hey there.

Take approx 2g bcaa pre/during(every 45 mins)/post workout for optimal muscle retention.

For beta A, take approx 2g, 3 times per day (separated about 4 hrs apart)

for fish oil, take 2 softgels with meals, 3x per day
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18228238248258262039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll