d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18218228238248252039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2011 10:52am
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ May 9 2011 12:54am)
Thanks alot raynor and I wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying keto wasn't great.  It was.  I lost a good amount of weight doing little Cardio.  I just didn't gain strength and that was depressing lol.

Just wanted to clarify I wasn't bashing keto in any way.  if I could have got myself to do more Cardio it would have been crazy weight loss haha.  I just had no energy post workout :(  felt like dieing lol

Also,  I was questioning the lean gains thing myself and I was in no way an expert lol

I see.

Well I must say, on CUTTING you are not supposed to gain strength. You will actually LOSE some strength on all cutting diets except for keto - this is a fact of life unless you are a pure mesomorph.

I would really stick with good cutting until you are down to the bf% you want and then you can begin a nice bulk
May 9 2011 10:53am
Quote (Boxa @ May 9 2011 11:06am)
I lol'd.

Thanks for the daily dose of comedy.

Quote (Boxa @ May 9 2011 12:38pm)
http://ploader.net/files/b66b12cd69baceeafe21f6a75f06d599.jpg

what about that did you find funny?

Let me get this right....you come into THIS sticky...then then attempt to troll by showing that you had a facebook conversation with mr leangains the BODYBUILDING GENIUS? :o

Ok so hold on one second - let's think about this - I'm sure your broscientist who has FEWER credentials than even myself is right in all of his methods of training and dieting - so much so that jay cutler, ronnie coleman, dexter jackson, arnold schwarzenegger, franco columbu, dorian yates, samir banout, markus ruhl, branch warren, etc are ALL WRONG in their approach. Damn I knew those guys looked terrible and pudgy....they obviously don't fast long enough each day/night or do enough cardio to get that EPIC John Basedow physique.

So the method of bulking and cutting, hypertrophy/pyramid/5x5/etc, CKD and TKD....these ALL must be wrong right? All the hundreds of thousands of people this has worked for....they all are experiencing the placebo effect right?

I guess 60 years of bodybuilders, nutritionists, power lifters, scientists, and collaborated research ALL must be wrong as well right?

So now we should all change our routines, our diets, and our regular workout routines all because a so-called FRIEND of your posts a guide on the internet with LITTLE TO NO SCIENTIFIC CREDIBILITY. I have personally gone to his cited sources and found not only conflicting information against what he says, but also sources that don't even comment on what he is attempting to prove (using sources as filler, is this high school again?) Also, he attempts to discredit scientists by just stating his own point of view and slapping a set of references at the bottom to try and show that he has credible research - epic fail. I forgot, he must have been born with an innate ability to know everything about everything without actually learning about it! BRILLIANT!

There is no question your friend there has a good physique. But then again I knew quite a few bodybuilders over the years who had a great physique and ate nothing but mcdonalds and burger king and lifted half-assed at the gym. Some people are genetic freaks and respond to very weird shit. His particular training does NOT work for everyone and if it did, all of the pro bodybuilders would be using it - not the tride and true proven methods.

Yes Boxa, you are a genius. I yield to your infinite wisdom. You should start your own sticky and have people ask you some questions with your amazing credentials, a PhD in broscience and your membership card with the ARC.

Now, after all these years... you're trying start shit in my thread. I am not surprised as your reputation precedes you. You are no longer welcome here. Don't bother posting any more in this sticky.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on May 9 2011 11:15am
Gold: 120.00
May 9 2011 11:01am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2011 11:53am)
what about that did you find funny?

1) The fact that you claimed that Martin Berkhan's approach which while backed scientifically is a ridiculous claim.
2) That keto is the best way to cut.
May 9 2011 11:17am
Quote (Boxa @ May 9 2011 01:01pm)
1) The fact that you claimed that Martin Berkhan's approach which while backed scientifically is a ridiculous claim.
2) That keto is the best way to cut.

see above post, edited.

next time when you want to disagree with someone, do it in another thread and not this sticky....and don't try foment arguments and antagonize me. I don't have time for this, and nor do I need to be bothered with your idiocy.

don't bother coming back.
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2011 11:26am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2011 01:17pm)
see above post, edited.

next time when you want to disagree with someone, do it in another thread and not this sticky....and don't try foment arguments and antagonize me. I don't have time for this, and nor do I need to be bothered with your idiocy.

don't bother coming back.

slammed by raynor.

officially stamped,
Darkblue
Gold: 120.00
May 9 2011 11:38am
Did you even read the leangains site beyond the fact that it's based around an interval fasting protocol?

Because he advocates a reverse pyramid lifting scheme.

Further, the premise is for those who want to be lean year round as opposed to doing cutting/bulking cycles.

Also, it's common knowledge even amongst people that don't follow a fasting protocol like layne norton that the concept of eating 6x a day is over inflated.

Add on to that the fact that he has multiple clients who win bodybuilding competitions using his approach.

To boot did you name a single natty bodybuilder in your anger driven essay?

Go copy paste your anabolic diet protocol along with the goofy training you pair with it some more.

I wish you the best of luck in practicing medicine, I just hope you don't follow the same blind ignorance with that as you do here.
May 9 2011 11:53am
Quote (Boxa @ May 9 2011 01:38pm)
Did you even read the leangains site beyond the fact that it's based around an interval fasting protocol?

Because he advocates a reverse pyramid lifting scheme. 

Further, the premise is for those who want to be lean year round as opposed to doing cutting/bulking cycles.

Also, it's common knowledge even amongst people that don't follow a fasting protocol like layne norton that the concept of eating 6x a day is over inflated.

Add on to that the fact that he has multiple clients who win bodybuilding competitions using his approach.

To boot did you name a single natty bodybuilder in your anger driven essay?

Go copy paste your anabolic diet protocol along with the goofy training you pair with it some more.

I wish you the best of luck in practicing medicine, I just hope you don't follow the same blind ignorance with that as you do here.

Last reply...I read the ENTIRE guide with all supporting documents on his page.

I am completely against his approach as an "it works for everyone" approach.

I do not need to continue going into details, but then when you bring up natural it all starts making sense. Natty BBers vs Geared BBers is a world of difference in almost everything......except for diet and training structure.

Years of proven science have shown the most optimal methods for fat loss and muscle gains....and the leangains guide simply does not provide the best methods for everyone, and in most cases provides a dangerous risk to long term health....yes constantly going 16+ hours every day on a fast can definitely cause long term health problems including but not limited to decreased immune function, kidney and liver disease, decreased cognitive function, increased risk of certain types of cancer, as well as decreased metabolism and increased muscle loss during fasting hours.

I am done with this discussion. This thread was NEVER meant for this argument/debate. General help is offered here to those who seek it - arguments will not be entertained any further.

Gold: 35,061.00
May 9 2011 01:56pm
Fat loss:

I read the tips you gave me, and had a few questions.

9. Do at least 30-45 minutes of HIIT cardio 5 days per week (any style) - What is HIIT Cardio

10. Take fat burning supplements like GAT Jet Fuel (best method is to take 2-3 pills on an empty stomach with 20-26 oz of water first thing in the morning, then go do 20 mins of fasting cardio, then eat once you are done) - Any other method I can use to accomplish these pills effectiveness? I dont usually have enough time to do that in the morning.

13. Do not drink soda, fruit juice, or any other high sugar beverage - stick to water (as mentioned above) and diet soda or 0 cal drinks like Sobe Lifewater. - Does this mean I should not drink Floridas Natural orange juice for breakfast with my 3 eggs and piece of bread?

15. Strength Train at least 4 days a week for 1 hour a day (in addition to the HIIT cardio I mentioned before) - you also want to do 15-20 mins of cardio POST workout minimum. Follow up the workout with a 100% whey isolate protein shake (30-40g) -Does this mean I shouldnt drink muscle milk and drink somthing else after my workout?

This post was edited by Celebrity on May 9 2011 01:57pm
May 9 2011 03:12pm
Quote (Celebrity @ May 9 2011 03:56pm)
Fat loss:

I read the tips you gave me, and had a few questions.

9. Do at least 30-45 minutes of HIIT cardio 5 days per week (any style) - What is HIIT Cardio

10. Take fat burning supplements like GAT Jet Fuel (best method is to take 2-3 pills on an empty stomach with 20-26 oz of water first thing in the morning, then go do 20 mins of fasting cardio, then eat once you are done) - Any other method I can use to accomplish these pills effectiveness? I dont usually have enough time to do that in the morning.

13. Do not drink soda, fruit juice, or any other high sugar beverage - stick to water (as mentioned above) and diet soda or 0 cal drinks like Sobe Lifewater. - Does this mean I should not drink Floridas Natural orange juice for breakfast with my 3 eggs and piece of bread?

15. Strength Train at least 4 days a week for 1 hour a day (in addition to the HIIT cardio I mentioned before) - you also want to do 15-20 mins of cardio POST workout minimum. Follow up the workout with a 100% whey isolate protein shake (30-40g) -Does this mean I shouldnt drink muscle milk and drink somthing else after my workout?

HIIT cardio is high intensity interval training is basically, walk for 2 minutes, jog for 2 minutes, sprint for 20-30 seconds, then walk for another 2 minutes, jog for another 2 minutes, and sprint for another 20-30 seconds, and keep repeating the process. This keeps your heart rate in the target zone and burns the most fat.

If you can't do cardio in the morning, taking the pills with about 20 oz water OR drinking two cups of black coffee instead of the pills upon waking up is good also - just don't eat until 30-45 mins later.

Yes, I would avoid OJ with breakfast...sorry! However, you can have ONE whole orange - more fiber and less sugar that way.

I would advise to jump on something like NOW! 100% whey isolate or Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex (not the gainer) - these are much "cleaner" forms of protein than muscle milk.

Gold: 0.00
May 9 2011 03:27pm
I need to buy a rope, what kind of rope would you recommend? How long should it be? 5 meters? 10 meters? Thanks.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18218228238248252039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll