d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18148158168178182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 4 2011 01:42pm
hey raynor,
do you think stretching and or doing cardio can help stimulate overall muscle growth?

Another question, more health related but over the past few years when I take a piss, it comes out in 2 streams. I did some research and it suggests urethral stricture. I have no clue what could have caused it but can this lead to more complications?

This post was edited by Darkblue on May 4 2011 01:45pm
Gold: 120.00
May 4 2011 01:45pm
Quote (Darkblue @ May 4 2011 02:42pm)
hey raynor,

do you think stretching and or doing cardio can help stimulate overall muscle growth?

no.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 4 2011 04:22pm
Quote (Darkblue @ May 4 2011 03:42pm)
hey raynor,

Another question, more health related but over the past few years when I take a piss, it comes out in 2 streams. I did some research and it suggests urethral stricture. I have no clue what could have caused it but can this lead to more complications?

cardio and stretching? no. Flexing/posing? yes.

Interesting you should say this. A few things can cause your stream to be forked. One of which is post-ejaculation...another of which is indeed a stricture.

If you have a stricture, it could be genetic (just born with it), or from a pelvic injury - specifically to the pubic bone.

Simply having a stricture does NOT mean you need surgery. You will only need surgery if you experience pain or difficulty urinating normally - a simple forked stream does NOT require medical intervention.
Gold: 35,061.00
May 4 2011 04:29pm
Hey there Raynor,

As i'm starting to get more into my routine and doing more exercises I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the muscles to work on these days. Knowing the names of the muscles I need to work on a given day will help me pick the machines I use, and make sure I am not over working any muscles:

Day 1 - Chest

Day 2 - Back

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Shoulders

Day 5 - Arms

Are "Machines" like a pulldown, elbow extensions, or row bad to use?

I also have a few nutrition questions:

Whats the best brand of:

Wheat Bread
Cheese
Mayonaisse
Peanut Butter
Canned Tuna
Eggs
Yogurt

I noticed Cottage Cheese has lots of sodium, is this normal? (370 Mg per 1/2 cup, lowest I could find)

Is wheat gluten really bad for you (avoid eating period?)

What exactly does Creatine do for you?

Weakness in one side of body:

I have noticed that the left side of my upper body is weaker than my right side (i am right handed).

For example:

I can do about 10-20 more pounds on a given machine with my right than I can with my left.

How do I improve the strength of the left side so it keeps up with the development of the right side.

I dont have really big muscles yet or anything but I can flex some muscles and you can see them. My right trap muscle is a lot bigger flexed and soft than my left trap muscle. But it appears my triceps and biceps are the same size and firmness....

Many thanks for all of your guidance! (I've got a donation coming your way ;) )

This post was edited by Celebrity on May 4 2011 04:34pm
May 4 2011 04:57pm
Quote (Celebrity @ May 4 2011 06:29pm)
Hey there Raynor,

As i'm starting to get more into my routine and doing more exercises I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the muscles to work on these days. Knowing the names of the muscles I need to work on a given day will help me pick the machines I use, and make sure I am not over working any muscles:

Day 1 - Chest

Day 2 - Back

Day 3 - Legs

Day 4 - Shoulders

Day 5 - Arms

Are "Machines" like a pulldown, elbow extensions, or row bad to use?

I also have a few nutrition questions:

Whats the best brand of:

Wheat Bread
Cheese
Mayonaisse
Peanut Butter
Canned Tuna
Eggs
Yogurt

I noticed Cottage Cheese has lots of sodium, is this normal? (370 Mg per 1/2 cup, lowest I could find)

Is wheat gluten really bad for you (avoid eating period?)

What exactly does Creatine do for you?

Weakness in one side of body:

I have noticed that the left side of my upper body is weaker than my right side (i am right handed).

For example:

I can do about 10-20 more pounds on a given machine with my right than I can with my left.

How do I improve the strength of the left side so it keeps up with the development of the right side.

I dont have really big muscles yet or anything but I can flex some muscles and you can see them. My right trap muscle is a lot bigger flexed and soft than my left trap muscle. But it appears my triceps and biceps are the same size and firmness....

Many thanks for all of your guidance! (I've got a donation coming your way ;) )

Hey there.

I am going to make things a LOT easier for you

Go here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

That will literally show you every single exercise there is to do for a particular muscle group (as well as the scientific names for those muscles)

2. Machines are NOT bad to use, you don't need free-weights to get big and strong, some machines are just as good!

WHOLE GRAIN Bread - (Pepperidge farm 100% whole grain - there are like 6 varieties, oatmeal bread is my favorite)
Cheese - (any brand as long as it's 100% natural, but I personally like Cracker Barrel brand cheddar cheese 2%)
Mayonaisse - (I like hellmans olive oil variety)
Peanut Butter (Either Power Butter or Naturally More)
Canned Tuna (Bumble Bee Prime Filet Solid White Albacore)
Eggs - (egglands best)
Yogurt - (organic greek yogurt - Oikos brand)

for cottage cheese - get this kind: http://www.friendshipdairies.com/products/1-lowfat-no-salt-added-cottage-cheese.html OR http://www.friendshipdairies.com/products/1-lowfat-cottage-cheese.html (the 2nd one has more sodium, but can be offset with watching your total daily intake and balancing sodium with a 1 sodium/2 potassium/1 magnesium/1 calcium Ratio.

Wheat gluten is not good for anyone technically - however some people are sensitive to it, while others aren't. Listen to your body on this one.

Creatine basically increases your body's ATP production, increases your muscles volume through water retention (thus also increases the muscles uptake of nutrients) and therefore can increase your lifts and stamina and thus your strength. I recommend Sci Fit Kre Alkalyn

7. Having uneven muscles is a common problem among MOST people. To fix this, you need to throw in extra punishment for that side. For instance, on legs days, you also should hit another 10-15 sets of left side isolation exercises. Also on sat or sun, do another 10-15 sets on your off day in order to start bringing that size/strength up in comparison to the right.

hope this helps!
May 4 2011 05:08pm
NOW ADAM
180 Softgels

Multi-Vitamin For Men! $24.99

In stock
$24.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CytoSport Muscle Milk
Chocolate, 4.94 Lbs.

Promote Muscle Growth And Repair! $49.95

In stock
$49.95

Are these good prices? I tried finding it but I couldnt find if/when muscle milk powder or NOW Adam expire. Muscle milk looks like it can get expensive haha. Any tips?
Gold: 0.01
May 4 2011 05:15pm
What are some good books I can read to learn more about nutrition and weightlifting?
May 4 2011 05:51pm
Quote (Celebrity @ May 4 2011 07:08pm)
NOW ADAM
180 Softgels

Multi-Vitamin For Men!  $24.99

In stock
$24.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CytoSport Muscle Milk
Chocolate, 4.94 Lbs.

Promote Muscle Growth And Repair! $49.95

In stock
$49.95

Are these good prices? I tried finding it but I couldnt find if/when muscle milk powder or NOW Adam expire. Muscle milk looks like it can get expensive haha. Any tips?

Yes, but I would do the tablets instead of the softgels for the NOW! Adam

Those prices are good, consider the muscle milk to be meal replacement (for one of your 6 meals), the price of meals today if you eat out is lets say at the LOWEST $5. Those shakes work out to like $1 a shake.
May 4 2011 05:52pm
Quote (machetebill @ May 4 2011 07:15pm)
What are some good books I can read to learn more about nutrition and weightlifting?

The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger - epic book.
May 4 2011 06:00pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 4 2011 06:51pm)
Yes, but I would do the tablets instead of the softgels for the NOW! Adam

Those prices are good, consider the muscle milk to be meal replacement (for one of your 6 meals), the price of meals today if you eat out is lets say at the LOWEST $5. Those shakes work out to like $1 a shake.

Damn, already ordered 360 soft gels haha, oh well next time ill get the tablets. Will it make that much of a difference?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I heard its better to stretch after you work out, than before you work out. Rational is it will be easier to tear a muscle while working out if they are already stretched.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18148158168178182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll